Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    no dice on the search. Now it's likely under a bunch of new snow, oh well.
    Do you have find my iphone or similar for a last location. I got a buddy with a metal detector; might be able to make an adventure out of a bowl lap one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post

Holy shit ya'll have an awesome mountain here. Zero crowds and steep terrain. Was my best inbounds pow day of the year by far.
    Shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Do you have find my iphone or similar for a last location. I got a buddy with a metal detector; might be able to make an adventure out of a bowl lap one of these days
    Yeah , I do. I'll post the pic. Unfortunately I couldn't get a signal when I raced back into the beater traverse from the top of the cat trying to look for it before the bowl closed. Of course I have it's exact location after, but now it's under a bunch of new snow and dead. If I managed to ping it before I went back in I likely would have found it.

Most stuff is backed up , so I'm out the cost of the stupid deductable for a new phone. The worst part is my wife is pissed that all the pics of her from the hike and bowl run were lost. She was pretty stoked to do it again after 11 years . (The irony is if I wasn't snapping pics, I wouldn't have left my pocket unzippered like a dope and lost it)

I wouldn't bother making a special mission trying to find it unless you are bored and want the challenge, but I appreciate the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Yeah , I do. I'll post the pic. Unfortunately I couldn't get a signal when I raced back into the beater traverse from the top of the cat trying to look for it before the bowl closed. Of course I have it's exact location after, but now it's under a bunch of new snow and dead. If I managed to ping it before I went back in I likely would have found it.

Most stuff is backed up , so I'm out the cost of the stupid deductable for a new phone. The worst part is my wife is pissed that all the pics of her from the hike and bowl run were lost. She was pretty stoked to do it again after 11 years . (The irony is if I wasn't snapping pics, I wouldn't have left my pocket unzippered like a dope and lost it)

I wouldn't bother making a special mission trying to find it unless you are bored and want the challenge, but I appreciate the offer.
    sounds like you need to come back out in summer and do the creek to peak hike and find that phone... You can surprise the wifey and get the brownie points
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Managed a few turns on Aspen yesterday afternoon. Pretty good in spots but you felt a crust layer beneath the 6”.

Highlands this afternoon was still very good 24hrs after the storm. It skied very soft overall and Steep n Deep was barely tracked at 1:45. Some of my best turns of the season letting it roll down that

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2D059850-458D-4A13-AAD0-F52417FC6063.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	483.7 KB 
ID:	449163

Skied G6 first thing this morning… not great!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

It got pretty warm and windy yesterday. I just ripped groomers at Snowmass and they were excellent.
    I’m too old to charge in variable conditions.

I’m more amused by the shanagans, than disgusted. We’re all beholden to the Skico and they’re the best run major resort in in North America.

They are going to make a return on their investment, one way or another.
    Would you rather, they jack pass prices or go full Icon and clog the lifts with gapers?

I’m thrilled they can fleece some big fat sheep. That are more than happy to drop a 100k at lunch at Cloud 9 or a Mil for a wedding at the Sundeck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    It got pretty warm and windy yesterday. I just ripped groomers at Snowmass and they were excellent.

I’m more amused by the shanagans, than disgusted. We’re all beholden to the Skico and they’re the best run major resort in in North America.

Would you rather, they jack pass prices or go full Icon and clog the lifts with gapers?

I’m thrilled they can fleece some big fat sheep. That are more than happy to drop a 100k at lunch at Cloud 9 or a Mil for a wedding at the Sundeck.

any shots of the 60+ variety?
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post

Yesterday did get interesting by early afternoon: warm temps, wet flakes and grippy snow. Ajax was busiest I've seen it all year on Saturday and quite the split scene with Po4 hardos mixing with the debutante wannabe rich out for the sun and champagne. It was mildly terrifying skiing groomers up top with the kids, but it all worked out and they scored free waffles from the Buckhorn Social Club crew.

I'll continue to take the assclown rich/faux rich crowd over the Ikoneers+beaters. I do love watching them struggle to walk (sober) from the Gondola to the Snow Beach in the early afternoons. We may be a country club up here (sorry altasnob), but i'll take that social guilt over lumping in with crowds at Vail, Summit, etc.

Debating pulling the kids from school on Friday for WC DH day 1. Weather looks about right for hosting races, here... not racing weather. lol
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Debating pulling the kids from school on Friday for WC DH day 1. Weather looks about right for hosting races, here... not racing weather. lol
    Does this mean Ajax will be a clusterpluck on Friday?

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    any shots of the 60+ variety?
    It’s a target rich environment.
    You should visit during a nice late spring weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by CnRzG View Post
    Does this mean Ajax will be a clusterpluck on Friday?
    I've stopped predicting. Highlands was a dumpster fire in the morning on Saturday with all sorts of beginners and never evers.

I mean, it's all relative right... I think I waited like 5.5 minutes to load to get up to my kids fun race venue.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

2022-23 Aspen/Roaring Fork Valley Conditions

I've stopped predicting. Highlands was a dumpster fire in the morning on Saturday with all sorts of beginners and never evers.

I mean, it's all relative right... I think I waited like 5.5 minutes to load to get up to my kids fun race venue.
    Indeed its all relative - I saw that “horrendous” 5 minute line Saturday am at ex and took a couple ski-on laps on t’bowl while it cleared before skiing on ex, loge, dt for rest of the day. Sunday was deserted though.

I've only skied Highlands about 7-8 times in my life. The longest wait for a lift might have been two minutes. But, always skied AH mid-week. Probably best not to advertise that place. No one go there, it's all hype and no substance.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

It seems like everywhere was uncharacteristically crowded on Saturday
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

I'm not really worried. The powder panic is today through thursday. But the snow should be soft, throughout. It will be fun no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by CnRzG View Post
    I'm not really worried. The powder panic is today through thursday. But the snow should be soft, throughout. It will be fun no matter what.
    I think town will be a bit messy Friday and Saturday but I don't think access to the Gondola or wait times on the mountain will be that bad. Like the X-Games: world cup brings a lot of people "to the ski area" but not necessarily to ski.

Highlands was fantastic this morning. Get out for a lap this afternoon if you have time.

And the mountain was empty.

Empty, deep and dumping this afternoon too…

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    Empty, deep and dumping this afternoon too…
    I hopped on Ex at 1:15 and hoofed it up to Steep n Deep for first tracks. Deep, a bit heavy and some craters to slalom, but wonderful. G2 skied light and full overhead. Snyders to Bobs to P Chutes: all great on the way down for a quick hour.

Yeah: No one skiing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CA526D6B-CE8F-44AC-94EF-7C0B6C881EF0.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	874.3 KB 
ID:	449681

Kind of inevitable it would snow this week - we’re trying to run a world cup downhill after all
    Last edited by dcpnz; 02-28-2023 at 06:57 PM.

New CEO announced

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    I think town will be a bit messy Friday and Saturday but I don't think access to the Gondola or wait times on the mountain will be that bad. Like the X-Games: world cup brings a lot of people "to the ski area" but not necessarily to ski.
    In my admittedly limited experience, I would change that to "Aspen in general" brings.a lot of people "to the ski area" but not necessarily to ski

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    New CEO announced

I raced with him and his brother at Winter Park growing up. They were fast. That's all I got.

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

I wish they had promoted from within.