South Korea Halloween tragedy

I really dislike tight crowds. After reading this I dislike them a whole lot more. My pulse and blood pressure go up just reading it. I've been in that situation once, in a very very minor way and came close to getting shoved onto the Funitel tracks in front of a moving cabin at Olympic Valley. That was unpleasant enough. No one person shoved me--the crowd just surged forward a little as the next cabin arrived.
    https://wapo.st/3U7Lbe7

Yep, awful…..The older I get, the more I hate being in large crowds… Can’t even imagine. Vibes to the victims.

+1 to avoiding potential chaos these days. The adrenaline of mosh pits has waned.. same with fighting crowds to ski powder or pretty much anything. If I know it's going to be crowded, I'm out... I'll still do a sold out sports venue but they tend to manage the crowds better. People tend to stay near their assigned seats..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Buried alive in a sea of people. Fucking nightmare fuel

Things that I have given up because of crowding:
    Sports/Concerts in venues holding more than 1000 people
    Avoiding public transportation (planes, trains, buses, proposed LCC gondola)
    Parades

Things that I still tolerate:
    Trams (Snowbird, Jackson, Valluga, Klein Matterhorn, etc.), but begrudgingly
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Man, I saw the craziness of panicked crowd behavior. 20 guests were sitting around the campfire at a small resort we rented a cabin at when the camp host lady ran from the main house in a panic yelling to run to the house as a tornado was spotted nearby. Everyone got up and ran. Little girl in front of me tripped and when I stopped to help her up I got pushed from behind. Can imaging the force if the group had been 100. I'd have died in the pileup.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

we stayed on that street in Seoul on a stop-over from Bali, i counted 50 vendor carts and the noise went most of the night
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Devastating. At least 150 people dead. I can't stand big crowds but this will make me even more aware of my surroundings.

One of the big reasons we gave up going to Hardly Strictly Bluegrass was the crowds, although since most people were sitting down it was annoying, not scary. And you could escape to the lesser stages if you didn't mind missing the headliners.