Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by HotSchmoo View Post
    Who care about how pogies look?
    If you're riding in the winter, you're automatically a freak. Embrace the kookfest. Anyone who gets it is already kickass and doesn't give a fuck.
    Judgemental twerps who don't get it can go to hell.
    This. Pogies are the shit, I’m convinced you ride hard enough you can warm up a sandwich in there.

Quote Originally Posted by HotSchmoo View Post
    Who care about how pogies look?
    If you're riding in the winter, you're automatically a freak. Embrace the kookfest. Anyone who gets it is already kickass and doesn't give a fuck.
    Judgemental twerps who don't get it can go to hell.
    Apparently I do. There are very few things I care about form wise, hell I've been going bald since my teen years, pogies are just something that turn me off. The funny thing is, it's 100% me, I will rarely see other people when I ride and my wife quite often laughs at my purely function chosen outfits as I leave the house, so I'm not winning any fashion contests regardless.

The one practical reason I have is for heat management. I am always trying to not sweat and being able to cool down my hands helps lower my body temperature. I also don't want my hands to sweat, I've found that eventually you stop sweating and start freezing.

The real solution is probably pogies and better (more specific) clothing. I do have a pair of seal skin gloves that will keep my hands warm as cold as it gets, but they're not practical unless it's below -20 due to the sweating issue.

I ordered the pogies. I used to paddle whitewater quite a bit - even in the winter in Montana when rivers would run. Pogies were awesome even in ridiculously cold conditions. I can't imagine it too difficult to dial in the liner gloves for different temp ranges...

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Quote Originally Posted by sethschmautz View Post
    I ordered the pogies. I used to paddle whitewater quite a bit - even in the winter in Montana when rivers would run. Pogies were awesome even in ridiculously cold conditions. I can't imagine it too difficult to dial in the liner gloves for different temp ranges...

what make/model did you go with?

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    what make/model did you go with?
    45NRTH Draugenklaw

On the opposite end of the winter glove spectrum what works well for 35-45 and raining? Semi warm and really waterproof in a bright color for my commute with good durability. Was looking at the showers pass knit waterproof but they have poor reviews for durability. Same with the enduras. What is decent in this space?

Rain/ snow/ cold, a Pogie works well for whatever temp you throw at it ime

Right now I just use some BD alpine ski gloves but if i was really going to ride in the shit

IME pogies are the best
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    On the opposite end of the winter glove spectrum what works well for 35-45 and raining? Semi warm and really waterproof in a bright color for my commute with good durability. Was looking at the showers pass knit waterproof but they have poor reviews for durability. Same with the enduras. What is decent in this space?
    When it’s truly cold, wet and miserable, these are the answer for climbing and skiing, so I expect they’d also be great for riding:

https://www.amazon.ca/SHOWAGLOVE-Wat...552453386&th=1

Link is broken for me...

I've enjoyed neoprene fishing gloves (Glacier Glove and others) for wet riding. They are cheap, flexible, grippy, and warm.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

The Showa polyurethane are probably worth trying but might be super sweaty. Are the neoprene fishing gloves too hot for a 40 degree day?

Would also like to hear recommendations for something similar, but for MTB (needs to be super thin and grippy, but stay dry). I've got Fox Water gloves that do OK while pedaling but as soon as I start descending, the spray wets them through starting at the fingertips and working back. Specialized Neoshell gloves don't have a grippy brake fingertip, and for some reason there's no Neoshell over the entire palm. So the backs of your hands stay dry but the palms soak through immediately.

The Showa polyurethane are probably worth trying but might be super sweaty. Are the neoprene fishing gloves too hot for a 40 degree day?
    If you're not going hard 40F would be ok, I'd say. They are not at all breathable, though, so going harder or in warmer temps you'll get clammy quickly. I haven't found a great solution for rain in 45+F, other than just having somewhat cold hands without gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    If you're not going hard 40F would be ok, I'd say. They are not at all breathable, though, so going harder or in warmer temps you'll get clammy quickly. I haven't found a great solution for rain in 45+F, other than just having somewhat cold hands without gloves.
    The Showas are breathable. Other than that they look sort of stupid, they’re a legit high performance glove, and they’re cheap.

https://www.showagroup.com/ca-en/technologies/temres

Right, breathable like Gore Tex is... breathable? Anyway, I still think they're the best option.

Free the powder has been really good for me and mine. Mittens are warm and the gloves have held up well. Recently was given a pair of Truck. Not a fan of those. I always have two pairs of kinko in the back of each car so I don’t lose my shit when we get to the resort and one of the kids left theirs at the house.

I bought the showas but haven’t tested them yet because I have a stupid head cold so didn’t want to ride in 40 and raining. I think they will be great for my use case and the price point is also nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Free the powder has been really good for me and mine. Mittens are warm and the gloves have held up well. Recently was given a pair of Truck. Not a fan of those. I always have two pairs of kinko in the back of each car so I don’t lose my shit when we get to the resort and one of the kids left theirs at the house.
    What FTP glove are you riding in?
    I’m kinda bummed they stopped selling bike gloves. And I’m not convinced their snow gloves have that “dexterous as fuck” quality that allows me to ride winter bike park with my Hestra VCFs.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.