Views: 1003
Size:  216.3 KB

Name:  PXL_20230214_215004151.jpg
Views: 997
Size:  189.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Millcreek level nine can helicoil or fix your problems

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Thank you! That is one of the closest shops to my house - I'll head over there this afternoon and see what they can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Dibs at L9 Millcreek.
    Thank you. Any idea what Dib's beverage of choice is?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyUtah801 View Post
    Thank you. Any idea what Dib's beverage of choice is?
    Gummies

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

scooby snacks

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    From the top of Neffs it looked like something went big off the north flank of Twins, not quite to the slabs, maybe just south on that east face.
    I think "anything go down up there lately?" meant big/bold lines that are only doable thanks to the epic coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Best place in town to fix these monsters (preferably closer to downtown and not up the canyons):

Attachment 449471

I'd usually deal with it on my own but I don't own a broad enough tip on my base welder and frankly looking at these craters on my babies makes me sick, I'd rather let someone else fix them...
    I agree with Phall. That's some good shit right there. Glad yer ok.

Quote Originally Posted by nickbokhoven View Post
    +1

My wife and kids saw patrol working on the hill. The patient was on/near Aggies Alley. Nothing significant to hit there so maybe a cardiac? My kids were our “patients” for OEC class and said they were giving oxygen thru a bag valve mask. Impressed with patrols safing off the area near collins base for the pickup. We were loading on collins when the heli landed.

Nice skiing at Alta today with Ballroom and East Greely opening.

Holy shizel though on the traffic up. What a shit show - our first visit this year but get at least a week in each year up in LCC. Yes I am out of towner but pity the locals. In the past we could leave the hotel at 7:30 and be into the canyon mouth in 20 minutes. When Alta changed the parking lot opening time, it seemed to help. No longer. Today it was an hour just to get into canyon. At 9 am snowbird looked full plus but then Collins lot was 30% at best. Interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Word I heard at bird was since bird isn't charging for parking yet Alta folks are taking that parking pre 8am and taking Uta to Alta. I was shocked saturday am to wake up at 7am and look out at entry 2 parking more than half full. Uhhh weird.

Not happy I'm gone but don't know I could deal with that traffic every weekend. When I was there I typically didn't leave my house unless it was a pow day before 815am and still in wildcat lot before 915. Seems those days are long gone. Sorry for you locals for reals, not THAT sorry, but I feel for ya. Still better than any ski commute I would have on the least coast these days.

Good 2 bird days. Good snow, fun to ski steep slopes again. My body isn't happy now, but my soul sure is.

Sent from my [deez nutz] using TGR Mods are funny

Just me and my track

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1677547766.487296.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	197.8 KB 
ID:	449566

Name:	Image1677547780.385687.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	198.7 KB 
ID:	449567

Name:	Image1677547793.667804.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	168.6 KB 
ID:	449568

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Just me and my track

Name:	Image1677547766.487296.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	197.8 KB 
ID:	449566
    Why'd ya turn?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

It’s looking like Alta has 8”+ since lifts stop spinning this afternoon. May be a very late road opening tomorrow.

And interlodge/road closure was moved up. Bypass road was an absolute disaster when I came down. UDOT plow truck was even struggling to make it up. At least 8 vehicles off the road. All due to bad drivers and tires. I don’t even have full snow tires and never once slipped. The real problem for opening isn’t the amount of snow but the forecasted winds. Gusts up to 100 will make for some nice slabs.

11.2" Snow/0.55" SWE since 1400
    Little bit of graupel mixed in in the past hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Word I heard at bird was since bird isn't charging for parking yet Alta folks are taking that parking pre 8am and taking Uta to Alta.
    So that's why liftlines at the Bird have been so sparse.

At this point I would welcome an equivalent parking reservation system at Snowbird.

Truly looking like a horror show on the webcams right now. Godspeed to anyone in the redsnake!
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 766
Size:  17.4 KB

Looking windy for tomorrow - winds in the PC area forecast to be around 15-25mp with 40mph gusts. I know most people on here ski LCC and BCC but for those that venture up to PC, what resort does best with a west wind?
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    So that's why liftlines at the Bird have been so sparse.

At this point I would welcome an equivalent parking reservation system at Snowbird.
    I’m hearing there’s a good possibility of that next year.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Word I heard at bird was since bird isn't charging for parking yet Alta folks are taking that parking pre 8am and taking Uta to Alta. I was shocked saturday am to wake up at 7am and look out at entry 2 parking more than half full. Uhhh weird.

Not happy I'm gone but don't know I could deal with that traffic every weekend. When I was there I typically didn't leave my house unless it was a pow day before 815am and still in wildcat lot before 915. Seems those days are long gone. Sorry for you locals for reals, not THAT sorry, but I feel for ya. Still better than any ski commute I would have on the least coast these days.

Good 2 bird days. Good snow, fun to ski steep slopes again. My body isn't happy now, but my soul sure is.

yeah the ikon pass has fucked the Wasatch

sunset summer road laps left this guy with huge shit eating grin you'da thunk needed more rad terrain n stuf. manana should be lovely.

edit: if they let us outside

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    Looking windy for tomorrow - winds in the PC area forecast to be around 15-25mp with 40mph gusts. I know most people on here ski LCC and BCC but for those that venture up to PC, what resort does best with a west wind?
    top 2 would be deer valley and pcmr

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    I’m hearing there’s a good possibility of that next year.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Heard same rumblings. I too noticed the lines at bird not being horrible. Can't say how long a wait cause we did fast tracks to maximize weekend we had, but didn't look much more than 15min on anything aside from tram.

Quote Originally Posted by ikonfreewasatch View Post
    seriously? Friday was a massive ikon shitshow. How’d you like those lift lines especially after mineral closed?
    I got 6 walk on face deep Keyhole laps the previous day, so I was able to contain my UNCONTROLLABLE RAGE while waiting in the MASSIVE 10 minute lift line.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Heard same rumblings. I too noticed the lines at bird not being horrible. Can't say how long a wait cause we did fast tracks to maximize weekend we had, but didn't look much more than 15min on anything aside from tram.
    That would go some way toward explaining it. I get up early enough that it doesnt matter. I hope they leave it as is (Im pro anything that minimizes lift lines), having to jockey for reservations and plan my weekends out by tuesday every week would be a bummer. If using the bus didnt stress me out so much I'd feel very differently (Im a staunch bus advocate, but not as it works now)

Alta and Snowbird should ditch Ikon. That would solve so many problems.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

interesting thoughts on the bird parking people for Alta. Alta hasn't felt nearly crowded either with the exception of collins post 1pm last friday. Honestly, i find that theory hard to believe, especially with UTA not stopping at cliff/superior lot stops this year if mainline is running. I vote yes for bird reservations specifically to help reduce congestion of beaters driving like idiots looking for parking at 10am.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"