Page 88 of 149 FirstFirst ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 3701
    Quote Originally Posted by ikonfreewasatch View Post
    And just like that LCC is fucked. I’m sure the people who lined up at 5am this morning won’t mind another hour and a half wait. ETO 11am. Everyone waiting for LCC to open could be at snowbasin in 45 minutes. Up BCC in 20.
    nothing was fucked dude

above photo of white pine area slide got this guy out of bed at 9am, otherwise woulda thought it would be an slc local shit show and slept in. big surprise today with the late arrival of the brocals (8 laps in) after canyon wide anticipation of 8:30 AM influx of powder panic

edit lol also what was an ikon free wasatch going to do to change how today went? if it's thhaaaatt big a deal. you should probably get richer and live up canyon, get way poorer and live up canyon, lower your expectations, or move

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    above photo of white pine area slide got this guy out of bed at 9am,

Its really nice to hear my posts have a positive impact on peoples lives.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Got a wild hair and bought a flight in for tomorrow evening. Hoping to get to the Canyons before the storm hits. Whoo hoo!

Luckily, I just put a fresh wax job on the Lhasa Pows……

Anybody know if any April 1 hijinks happened between Alta and Bird this year or was nature’s running practical snowstorm joke too impactful for the trollers to have time to fuck with one another?

Got to bird at 1. Sun had done its thing but lots of good turns were easily had with a crew of intermediates in tow. Got the white pine shitter photo for a friend who never gets up canyon. Hopefully sun can beat back some of the south facing paths a little bit after this next storm and get the road running smoother

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Anybody know if any April 1 hijinks happened between Alta and Bird this year or was nature’s running practical snowstorm joke too impactful for the trollers to have time to fuck with one another?
    I love those pranks. There have been some good ones recently. Loved the "Miserable Basin " trail map a couple years ago. Like you said, was everyone too beat from the neverending onslaught of winter to have time for anything ?

Also logistical question for you guys. Finally got on a different flight but am getting in fairly late tonight. Was planning on grabbing some food and beers for our very possible interlodge during the next storm, but also thought I'd be here at 1030 am today. Anything open late on the way from SLC to the canyon other than the Ft Union 7-11?

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post

Also logistical question for you guys. Finally got on a different flight but am getting in fairly late tonight. Was planning on grabbing some food and beers for our very possible interlodge during the next storm, but also thought I'd be here at 1030 am today. Anything open late on the way from SLC to the canyon other than the Ft Union 7-11?
    Smiths Marketplace is normally open till 11. Not sure how late you’re talking.

Winco is open 24hrs and might be a good bet.
    7020 700 W, Midvale, UT 84047

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Smiths Marketplace is normally open till 11. Not sure how late you’re talking.
    Yup. I'd take 15 down to the 9000s exit and hit the one on 9400s. Piece of cake.

The Smiths on Bengal is open until 11pm. If you’re later than that ask your shuttle driver to take you somewhere not so close to the canyon. It’ll be cheaper than drinks or food up canyon.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Yup. I'd take 15 down to the 9000s exit and hit the one on 9400s. Piece of cake.
    Edit: sounds good enjoy
    Last edited by Buzzworthy; 04-01-2023 at 10:33 PM.

Regarding April fools highlights There is a flyer floating around Instagram for ssp tryouts this morning. That’s all I heard about.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Appreciate the tips and offers. Landing right around 11, by the time I get the skis , the car, and such it will be pretty late. That and the multi mile walk through the new terminal

West Rus today ='d a tough day at Pipe.

That was some fire west rus. Even rus 4/regal/highboy at 3pm were skiing great. The snow held up to the temps well thanks to the cloud cover.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

900?

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    ASP made posters for Snowbird patrol tryouts.

SSP made a list of everyone who didn't make the cut, which was a roster of Alta patrollers.

Everyone's tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    Would have to be a big shed
    Final EIS includes 3,200 linear feet of snow sheds.

https://littlecottonwoodeis.udot.uta..._8-31-2022.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by mar123 View Post
    900?
    Definitely possible trending towards probable.

I have been in Floriduh the past 2 weeks, coming back home Tuesday so I’m sure the snow will be stopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    nothing was fucked dude

above photo of white pine area slide got this guy out of bed at 9am, otherwise woulda thought it would be an slc local shit show and slept in. big surprise today with the late arrival of the brocals (8 laps in) after canyon wide anticipation of 8:30 AM influx of powder panic

edit lol also what was an ikon free wasatch going to do to change how today went? if it's thhaaaatt big a deal. you should probably get richer and live up canyon, get way poorer and live up canyon, lower your expectations, or move
    say what? You took that all wrong dude. Go back to bed.

anyway, yesterday ended up leaving my house at 1250 and was parked slope side in my usual spot at 115. Did an around the world and noticed under the LC lift the wind was already doing it’s magic. Did a couple quick laps there. Ran into some friends who told me north chute was happening. Went with them to NC, on the way back up LC lift line looked even better now and the wind was really starting to howl. Did a few more LC lift line laps and finished with another NC. Best snow was already skied snow. First chair up rode with some out of towners who said they waited 5 hours for the canyon to open and it was their best day skiing ever. Had some parking lot beers and snacks with some friends and the drive down canyon was painless as well. I kinda like these late opening days, especially on weekends. Crowds were minimal and lift lines were non existent for a Saturday.

Little bit of a late start this AM. Gonna be skiing around with the 9yo boy today , think he wants to ski over to Alta because that's a novelty for him, but will likely do some tram laps first. If anyone is around and want to hang / say hi / hang on the tram deck later give me a shout. Orange FR systems shell, dark grey helmet, praxis Qs with a little dude wearing a shark helmet .and blue jacket

Also how challenging is Keyhole or the other routes back from Alta right now w this base ? The grom wants to do something like that badly but its been a while since I've been over there and don't want him to get into any issues. He's a pretty strong skiier but still don't want him in any super consequential areas

I've had a couple of great keyhole laps in March. I just hate getting back to Alta. It's no more challenging than just about anything from Gunsight around to Eagle's Nest and High Boy.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Blackjack traverse is probably the easiest way back. If you go through the keyhole gate stay skiers left it will funnel you into the keyhole chute which is kinda steep and narrow. I would say it’s not bad but don’t know how good a skier your son is. Snow should be soft so I bet he wouldn’t have any trouble side stepping down it if it came to that

Jong question- 90% sure center of gravity and poop chute are the same thing. Is keyhole chute a different feature or just another name?

Quote Originally Posted by ikonfreewasatch View Post
    Blackjack traverse is probably the easiest way back. If you go through the keyhole gate stay skiers left it will funnel you into the keyhole chute which is kinda steep and narrow. I would say it’s not bad but don’t know how good a skier your son is. Snow should be soft so I bet he wouldn’t have any trouble side stepping down it if it came to that
    He's comfortable on the more open parts of sliver fox, macaroni, bookends all the way out when he was here last year, better skiier now also Not super worried about steepness id soft, just don't want any real serious exposure / no fall area bc at 9 he can be a goofball and do dumb stuff . Thanks for tips !