Page 83 of 149 FirstFirst ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 3701
    well not the best day in history.. but, today did not suck

wicked wind up on top of the cirque but so worth the laps

It just keeps coming. I had to plow my yard twice yesterday. Get some!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    It does make sense because PowMow has been lying about their average snowfall of 500" for years - that's the joke. On a record year they haven't even hit their supposed average.

Oh, that's pretty funny. I wasn't aware of the snowfall fudging.

Holy shit.
    Never ever seen Snowbird completely shut down...
    Odd weekend but
    My son got a 1st tram on a 2 ft+ day. Gpt interlodged a lot.

We all got to ski with lots of you internet friends.
    Boy got to ski with first grom better than him
    DTM jr
    Plus bobmc
    Happy days.

I love UTAH.

like making every 20 ft putt for 5 months straight

I have really been liking the HRRR page on weather.utah.edu for a 3-day forecast. That + the cottonwoods forecast for wind and temp tells me all I really need to know.

I used to read open snow a lot, but now I just check it for the long-term discussion, i.e. 10+ days.

I'm sure I could derive it myself from reading forecasts but for $10/year I do like the 'hourly' forecast: snowlevel (snowbasin has to worry about those things), winds and temps. Gives good guidance on that in an easy to read format. I used to read the daily posts but don't really care much for those anymore or there really isn't a need as it snows every day here.

I like this page for all the plumes: https://weather.utah.edu/index.php?t=naefs&r=CLN&d=PL

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    like making every 20 ft putt for 5 months straight
    I'll take some of that

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    I like this page for all the plumes: https://weather.utah.edu/index.php?t=naefs&r=CLN&d=PL
    That's pretty cool

I always like this for planning a trip: http://wxmaps.org/outlooks.php
    It was really accurate for the last two weeks I just spent in LCC.

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post

I should have linked that earlier. Those are Jim Steenburgh's products. His GFS and HRRR derived forecasts off the top bar have both proven the best, with his blog supplementing and acknowledging possible upside and downside busts. The GFS and HRRR both correctly predicted our last 2 storm cycles only putting out 5" or so on day 1, where NOAA and Opensnow were calling for like 18". I have to allocate my days carefully, so Ive skipped day 1 partly based on those forecasts and been grateful for it.

The daily posts on Open were nice in past seasons for long range tea leaf reading during interminable dry spells.

Yesterday evening was better then expected...A quick after work link up in a zone always wanted to explore
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	min1.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	453625
    Winds died and it was a pleasant eve...Taking in just how rediculously fat the Wasatch is, spying lines everywhere.

Name:	min2.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	850.5 KB 
ID:	453626
    Is it Colorado worthy?

Name:	min3.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	2.57 MB 
ID:	453627
    Reload to road

Name:	min4.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	2.18 MB 
ID:	453628
    Taking no chances

Name:	min5.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	453629

Quote Originally Posted by mar123 View Post
    Yesterday evening was better then expected...A quick after work link up in a zone always wanted to explore

Name:	min1.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	453625
    Winds died and it was a pleasant eve...Taking in just how rediculously fat the Wasatch is, spying lines everywhere.

Name:	min2.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	850.5 KB 
ID:	453626
    Is it Colorado worthy?

Name:	min3.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	2.57 MB 
ID:	453627
    Reload to road

Name:	min4.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	2.18 MB 
ID:	453628
    Taking no chances

Name:	min5.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	453629
    Nice, the Slabs area is a gem when you have the coverage, sick
    You took too much man, too much, too much

SLC PickUP / HookUP - Touring Skis and Skins (no clamps)

Salomon MTN 95s, 184, well used
    Quiver Killered for ATK FR14s and the CORE 12 (same heel, different toe pattern) @ 315 BSL. OTL.
    BCA branded Contour Skins (black)
    Well used, plenty of life. in Murray / Cwood Heights. Good starter or maybe for the grom

Make a UAC, SLC Women's Resource Center, or Animal Shelter donation and they are yours.

Hmmmm I wonder what time we should set as the o/u for the LCC road opening tomorrow...2?

Sent from my SM-S908U using TGR Forums mobile app

Hard Saying. Lots of these 16-20" forecasts have significantly underproduced and the 3-7" have gone over.
    And it's all UDOTs fault.

Nice gesture, D Roc!

Ski lesson question - I would consider myself an advanced skier but self-taught. I want to be an advanced/expert+ skier and professionally taught. Recommendations for lessons? Are lessons independent of a ski area available? If not, I will just go to Alta ski school.

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    Hard Saying. Lots of these 16-20" forecasts have significantly underproduced and the 3-7" have gone over.
    And it's all UDOTs fault.
    I find it funny the probablistic says this for tonight:

Most Likely

11.5" -
    6.0"

Crazy to see a path dug into the hillside for Collins at the first ridge past the Angle Station! Is this Tahoe or the Wasatch?
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

Quote Originally Posted by CirqueScaler View Post
    Nice gesture, D Roc!

Ski lesson question - I would consider myself an advanced skier but self-taught. I want to be an advanced/expert+ skier and professionally taught. Recommendations for lessons? Are lessons independent of a ski area available? If not, I will just go to Alta ski school.
    Ski more with me, you'll learn alot... especially fear management...

seriously lets go skiing..

Quote Originally Posted by Xover View Post
    Crazy to see a path dug into the hillside for Collins at the first ridge past the Angle Station! Is this Tahoe or the Wasatch?
    Would love to see a picture of that!

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    I find it funny the probablistic says this for tonight:

Most Likely

11.5" -
    6.0"
    i noticed that too. is that the pessimistic human element?

Check with the specific ski school to see if they offer a multi-week group lesson program. That would be the best bet imo, these programs have a specific instructor assigned for the group and you ski around with the same group every week for like 5 weeks. You get great instruction because the instructor is able to learn about you as a skier better and you will likely get a new ski buddy or two out of it. But I'm not sure what the availability of these types of programs are in the wasatch.

There are also intensive camps like Jackson Hole's steep and deep camps and some pros like Gordy Peifer and Wendy Fisher(?) used to put on similar camps in the Wasatch. These are weekend camps with pro skiers that work specifically on skills needed to ski big mountains. Not sure if these still happen in the wasatch but I know quite a few maggots have attended and/or coached in some of these camps in the past so they could likely provide more info.

Another thing that I think is invaluable that seems lost on many strong uphill skiers in the wasatch is just how many repetitions can help improve your skiing skills. the old connecting one neuron to another, over and over again.... that is, get a ski pass and ride lifts, if you don't already

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    Another thing that I think is invaluable that seems lost on many strong uphill skiers in the wasatch is just how many repetitions can help improve your skiing skills. the old connecting one neuron to another, over and over again.... that is, get a ski pass and ride lifts, if you don't already
    this

Nice gesture, D Roc!

I did the Mountain Masters program at Alta (link) this season. Designed for experienced locals to level up form. Best value on lessons I've seen. Having the same instructor for 8 lessons throughout the season makes it much more productive since instructors have a lot of context. Lessons stretch from early December to mid-March so you can practice the advice on your own and continue progressing. Feel like one-time lessons or weekend clinics I'd get an overload of tips and at best retain a few.

Program has a very strong emphasis on fundamentals. First three classes all on groomers with lot of lectures/drills. I wished we spent more time ripping around but understand lesson isn't really the time for that. Classes more fun towards the end.

Overall, I definitely improved. Probably less than I hoped but could just be unrealistic expectations and not enough skiing this season. Would recommend given your context.

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    Hmmmm I wonder what time we should set as the o/u for the LCC road opening tomorrow...2?

Sent from my SM-S908U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Given that I leave tomorrow for Canada at 11, I’m guessing it opens at 9a just as I’m trying to get past all the LCC traffic stacked on south Wasatch. Going north on that route to carpool to the airport.

Go figure, planned this trip a year ago when they had all the snow. Now reversed. Oh well, likely some sunny alpine skiing in my future.

Looks like there will be plenty upon my return in a week… Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums