Page 85 of 149 FirstFirst ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 3701
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdsSkier696969 View Post
    I am here to tell you that we must build the LCC gondola, and we must build it now!

The gondola is the key to our future. It is the only thing that can save our state from the clutches of the wealthy and the powerful.

The wealthy and the powerful have had their way for too long. They have built their mansions in the mountains, and they have blocked access to the slopes for the rest of us. But that is all about to change.

The LCC gondola will open up the mountains to everyone. It will give young skiers the opportunity to enjoy the beauty of our state and to connect with nature. It will give them the opportunity to learn about our history and our culture. And it will give them the opportunity to make lifelong friends.

The LCC gondola is a matter of social justice. It is a matter of environmental justice. It is a matter of economic justice. And it is a matter of generational justice.

We must not let the wealthy and the powerful stand in our way. We must build the LCC gondola, and we must build it now!

"Behold, I say unto you that this is the way; and there is none other way nor any other name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God." (2 Nephi 31:19)

The LCC gondola is the way. It is the only way to save our state and to ensure a bright future for our children, with hand jobs from beautiful women while riding to their dreams.

I urge you to join me in building the LCC gondola. Together, we can create a better future for all.
    Your Book of Mormon quotes contradict your affinity for skiing High Greely and 69ing people.

I wonder if anything will open today. And the big storm seems to roll on on Sunday. This winter has been relentless
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdsSkier696969 View Post
    I am here to tell you that we must build the LCC gondola, and we must build it now!

The gondola is the key to our future. It is the only thing that can save our state from the clutches of the wealthy and the powerful.

The wealthy and the powerful have had their way for too long. They have built their mansions in the mountains, and they have blocked access to the slopes for the rest of us. But that is all about to change.

The LCC gondola will open up the mountains to everyone. It will give young skiers the opportunity to enjoy the beauty of our state and to connect with nature. It will give them the opportunity to learn about our history and our culture. And it will give them the opportunity to make lifelong friends.

The LCC gondola is a matter of social justice. It is a matter of environmental justice. It is a matter of economic justice. And it is a matter of generational justice.

We must not let the wealthy and the powerful stand in our way. We must build the LCC gondola, and we must build it now!

"Behold, I say unto you that this is the way; and there is none other way nor any other name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God." (2 Nephi 31:19)

The LCC gondola is the way. It is the only way to save our state and to ensure a bright future for our children, with hand jobs from beautiful women while riding to their dreams.

I urge you to join me in building the LCC gondola. Together, we can create a better future for all.
    a boater and a cane and your the fkn guy from the Simpsons "Monorail" episode

stuff it in your basshole

its awful quiet out there, probly the kinda day they can just ski cut everything right

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    Your Book of Mormon quotes contradict your affinity for skiing High Greely and 69ing people.
    Yeah. The 69 69 69 and “thirds” is creepy. Or creampiey?

https://mobile.twitter.com/UDOTcotto...06198268731393

Holy crap. Is anything going to get open today? Insane winter up there

You out there today Duffman? Looking ridiculous again as I sit in dreary PA

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    So he can repeat bad habits over and over and over and ingrain them into his muscle memory? Lessons first, then go for repetition, in my opinion.
    Fair point. But, the fundamentals of good ski technique are not particularly complicated, and skiing challenging terrain naturally forces better technique. If you don't ski it with good technique you crash.

He says he's already an "advanced" skier, so I'm not sure how much value Alta Ski School is really going to provide. Maybe if you get really lucky with the instructor they give you. A full day private adult lesson at ASS is $870 (and you can probably add a tip onto that) so it's a lot of money. If you roll the dice with a group lesson you'll probably end with a bunch of Jerry's who are scared of the High T. At the very least, just taking a few days of lessons and not following it up with a bunch of inbounds days probably offers little value.

CirqueScaler:

1. Do you lift weights? If not, start.
    2. Do you have skis with proper alpine bindings? If not, you'll need some. Skiing tech binding inbounds is dangerous AF.
    3. If you buy a Bird spring pass I'll ski with ya, shoot video, and relentlessly critique your technique on the ride back up

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    a boater and a cane and your the fkn guy from the Simpsons "Monorail" episode

stuff it in your basshole
    You're not wrong, but it's clearly a parody.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/UDOTcotto...06198268731393

Holy crap. Is anything going to get open today? Insane winter up there
    Shit is officially real when even BCC can't open.

Pming you cirque about ASS (and Alta ski school)

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Fair point. But, the fundamentals of good ski technique are not particularly complicated, and skiing challenging terrain naturally forces better technique. If you don't ski it with good technique you crash.

He says he's already an "advanced" skier, so I'm not sure how much value Alta Ski School is really going to provide. Maybe if you get really lucky with the instructor they give you. A full day private adult lesson at ASS is $870 (and you can probably add a tip onto that) so it's a lot of money. If you roll the dice with a group lesson you'll probably end with a bunch of Jerry's who are scared of the High T. At the very least, just taking a few days of lessons and not following it up with a bunch of inbounds days probably offers little value.

CirqueScaler:

1. Do you lift weights? If not, start.
    2. Do you have skis with proper alpine bindings? If not, you'll need some. Skiing tech binding inbounds is dangerous AF.
    3. If you buy a Bird spring pass I'll ski with ya, shoot video, and relentlessly critique your technique on the ride back up

You're not wrong, but it's clearly a parody.

Shit is officially real when even BCC can't open.
    LOL can I take you up #3? I need more videos of myself ripping
    You took too much man, too much, too much

Back in the day Alta had these fairly inexpensive 2-3 hour afternoon group clinics daily for upper level skiiers. Some people used it as kore or less a guided tour of the mountain, but when I was getting back into real skiing a long time ago after a hiatus, I had a really great one of these, basically 2 of us with semi private higher level instruction for 2 afternoons. Couple that with DtMs plan of taking a few pointers from this and putting in lots of vert could be a great option.

Disclaimer: no clue if they still offer this so may be useless info.

Back in the day Alta had these fairly inexpensive 2-3 hour afternoon group clinics daily for upper level skiiers. Some people used it as kore or less a guided tour of the mountain, but when I was getting back into real skiing a long time ago after a hiatus, I had a really great one of these, basically 2 of us with semi private higher level instruction for 2 afternoons. Couple that with DtMs plan of taking a few pointers from this and putting in lots of vert could be a great option.

Disclaimer: no clue if they still offer this so may be useless info.

I have no idea what the current bickering fest is all about, but I have wanted for a long time to take a high level lesson. Haven't taken any action on it because I'm worried about being stuck with an instructor who isn't able to teach me anything, and having no recourse to get my money back.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Roc View Post
    I know for me I plan on doing it in the next couple weeks , with a rope tho 
    Good luck - conditions sure could be great in a few weeks - hope we don't have a major warm spell though!

If the fundamentals of good ski technique are not particularly complicated then why do I see so many sloppy skiers? Why can't most people figure out even a simple pole plant? I think with instruction most people can get better, without instruction I don't see many (some can) people figuring it out themselves - I'm sure it comes naturally to you Dan - but you are a much better skier than us. If Cirquescaler doesn't want to get into steeper more consequential terrain, then he's fine with being advanced, sure. When shit gets REALLY hard, it's easy to get sloppy IMO, and i often catch myself doing weird compensating shit but also often I probably don't realize wtf I'm doing wrong.

But $870 is crazy money for sure. Also, there is no Bird spring pass anymore, I already looked into buying one!

Multiple natural road hits mid canyon, Superior went huge with the howitzer. Hellgate and Peruvian Acres in Maximum Interlodge. Haven't started shooting above TOA yet.

still stacking in dogden. sure hope SR158 doesn't get shuttered by a Davis county goon.
    bumps are for poor people

3. If you buy a Bird spring pass I'll ski with ya, shoot video, and relentlessly critique your technique on the ride back up .
    Dude could I take you up on that?? Happy to trade for as much premium coffee as you want

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I bought a bird parking res for tomorrow as birthday gift to a friend who rarely goes, thats looking more fortuitous by the minute. At this point i feel like riding powder is secondary to bearing witness to natures power. It takes a war mobilization to keep the roads open every weekend and we are seeing avalanches failing on weak layers that would normally barely count as that. I want to ride high and steep in the BC sooo bad but I have no idea whats going to happen when we eventually do get a longer warmup. there are so many gas station sized cornices out there. What will it take for lines to clean up after they have been littered with wet loose debris and fallen cornices, will they get smoothed out at all?

Just get a snowboard and some baggy pants, we dont have "technique" and "form"

Quote Originally Posted by crankplank View Post
    I bought a bird parking res for tomorrow as birthday gift to a friend who rarely goes, thats looking more fortuitous by the minute. At this point i feel like riding powder is secondary to bearing witness to natures power. It takes a war mobilization to keep the roads open every weekend and we are seeing avalanches failing on weak layers that would normally barely count as that. I want to ride high and steep in the BC sooo bad but I have no idea whats going to happen when we eventually do get a longer warmup. there are so many gas station sized cornices out there. What will it take for lines to clean up after they have been littered with wet loose debris and fallen cornices, will they get smoothed out at all?

Just get a snowboard and some baggy pants, we dont have "technique" and "form"
    Isn't proper Snowboarder technique making sure the bong is totally cleared after your turn ? 😜

Flying in tomorrow AM with the grom for a week up in LCC. Same as above, just happy I get to witness in person an altogether awe inspiring season. Props to all of the UDOT crews and Patrollers and lifties busting their ass to manage this absurd amount of snow.

Isn't proper Snowboarder technique making sure the bong is totally cleared after your turn ? 
    Actually its maximizing the size of your bombholes and making sure the chutes you sideslip are properly smoothed over ferda boys

If the fundamentals of good ski technique are not particularly complicated then why do I see so many sloppy skiers? Why can't most people figure out even a simple pole plant?
    I'll guess never bothering to learn and lack of overall fitness/athleticism. PSIA also seems to be able to take something that isn't that complicated and make it sound like calculus. Maybe that's by design for job security. Is there a ski equivalent to Ben Cathro's "How to Bike" series? Someone must have a decent YT channel that covers the fundamentals.

If Gordy Camps were still a thing I'd tell him to do that all day long. It would just be a huge bummer to drop a grand to end up skiing with someone who spends most of their time with Jerseyites who's goal is to make it down High Rustler alive.

I'm sure it comes naturally to you Dan
    Not really. I was a pretty mediocre skier until I first moved out here and skied a 100+ day season. I thought I was hot shit, but I wasn't, at all. Weightlifting and getting properly gym fit was also critical.

Also, there is no Bird spring pass anymore, I already looked into buying one!
    Shit, seriously? Is that a new thing this year? Super lame.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Roc View Post
    LOL can I take you up #3? I need more videos of myself ripping
    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Dude could I take you up on that?? Happy to trade for as much premium coffee as you want
    Unfortunately, see above. I do have most of my pass benefit 50% coupons left, but it's 50% off the full day-of window rate.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 03-31-2023 at 11:29 AM.

woof, heard multiple reports from folks who were up bcc, got turned around, and passed 5-6 natural slides below butler fork.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Is Brighton actually running lifts at the moment? Is that the only place open in the Cottonwoods? Wow, hell of a surprise country club day for anyone up in BCC.

I’ve seen some insta videos of people riding lifts at Brighton today.

Text just went out. Alta will not open today.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Thanks for always having us DTC'ers backs Tbatt!

Solitude loading Apex and Moonbeam, but road is still closed. Cops made us clear out about 20 mins ago, told us road would open at 2