Page 52 of 149 FirstFirst ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 3701
    Kinda weird but fun day at the bird. The wind in mineral was howling making it fast creamy wind buff goodness but on the peak the wind was hardly blowing. It was a total buzz kill when they closed mineral around 1:30 or so for wind. The ikonic hoards seem to be taking a break this week. Walk on trams with mostly familiar faces instead of mostly tourons.

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    Full on adventure skiing w/ droc today. Mixed bag conditions but A+ company! Ventured outside my normal stomping grounds and did about 2x my previous max vert. Gonna sleep like a baby tonight. Thanks droc for showing me around!!

Started the day with some type 2 skinning and an unintentional side tour in dense fog
    Attachment 444726
    Attachment 444727

Then we emerged to blue skies for a bit
    Attachment 444730
    Attachment 444728
    Attachment 444729

We found some good snow as clouds rolled back in
    Attachment 444731

Finally summitted as the clouds momentarily cleared
    Attachment 444734

And then we found plenty of windf#ed bad snow
    Attachment 444732
    Attachment 444733

But you take what you get! Was pretty sweet to ski to the car (although my final "creek" crossing didnt quite work out lol)
    Attachment 444735

Sent from my SM-S908U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Radness all around, thanks for picking up the phone when i called!!! haha, great day dude
    You took too much man, too much, too much

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    How the fuck are you all able to insert pics on your phones. App is broken….since the “change your account” stuff I cannot log into the full website. I might go nuclear on the box fan at Jackson this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Check your PMs. If you can, ha!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Anyone interested in carpooling to Snowbasin Saturday and/or Sunday? I live in East Millcreek. If so please PM. I am one person and could fit 2 additional in my car. I prefer to arrive at 9ish (leave at 7-7:30) and leave Snowbasin at 2, but I am a little flexible.

5-6" of new, nuking hard at beaver. 10 ppl in line at 9 am.

PSA for folks skiing from near the pumphouse in Little Cottonwood (Triangle Wall, GWI, Coalpit, etc):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GWI parking.png 
Views:	163 
Size:	758.5 KB 
ID:	444798

Please park down canyon around a 100 yards or more to not block the pumphouse area. Thanks!

Saw some knobs booting up Coalpit4 on Wed AM who were parked smack in the middle of that lot. One truck, perfectly centered. The shoulder below the lot is clear of snow and plenty wide/long enough for 5 or 6 cars and there's a better creek crossing there than by the pumphouse. Do your homework you giant beaters!
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Last weekend

Name:	IMG_6164.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	777.3 KB 
ID:	444803

Name:	IMG_6156.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	444804

Nice Box boys!

What time does a man need to get to the mouth of lcc to beat the red snake and get spot at the bird tomorrow? Already dealt w i80 closing on me and my patience is a bit thinner than usual. Gracias

they aren't opening until 830, you're fucked either way. canyons baby. If you are skiing ikon head north to snowbasin where it will be equally as insane but at least you can drive there.

At 8:45 today with no closure it was a bumper to bumper red snake from the pump house on. Typical dickweeds with out of state plates passing people on the two lane sections. It’s fun to have jackwagons try to pass and cut you off after White Pine to be 10’ in front of you.

I’m heading to Brighton tomorrow and hoping to make a few runs after 4 and avoid the two hour drive down. Nachos at Molly’s will probably be a better spent time.

After spending the day driving from laramie (due to an unplanned hotel stay as i80 was shutdown) thru steamboat we already lost a day of skiing and the teens (as am I) are a bit anxious to get on the hill. Can you queue up and if so where?

Wasatch 22/23 - Gondolas, grooming highboy, and other comical anecdotes

Yes, if coming from anywhere besides sandy, get in line and be in front of the la Caille traffic light. Dont block any driveways or streets and pull over right in the line of traffic. This usually means queueing up between 6-645 at the latest and waiting it out. If you’re behind that light you’re in for a long day.

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Wasatch 22/23 - Gondolas, grooming highboy, and other comical anecdotes

And if coming from Sandy?

Not sure, never had to come that way. Safe bet is probably similar timeframe

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

I've gone around to the Sandy side before, same deal. Ideally you want to be lined up east of Wasatch blvd. on either 210 (N. Little Cottonwood rd) or 209 (Little Cottonwood rd). You want to be "within the triangle." You will have to be patient but you will get it. The real red snake is on the way down, it's not guaranteed but likely. Leaving by shortly after two is really the only way to beat it so another option is to plan on dinner at Snowbird somewhere if it's in the budget, then leave after six.

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-01-27 at 10.26.54 PM.png 
Views:	113 
Size:	536.9 KB 
ID:	444882
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    And if coming from Sandy?
    Just go early and get in line, take chill pill. You'll make it through the light eventually even if you don't skip breakfast. The earlier the better but don't get stupid about it. Two weeks ago after driving out there we were exhausted on Sunday am pow day/holiday/late canyon opening and left our hotel very late and still made it to a decent spot in Alta lot. Do not recommend that strategy but it wasn't world ending either.

If going to Bird I would reserve lower gad lot on the Parkwiz app. We had Pond lot but they sold our spot and turned us back to Gad paid at entry 1 anyway. It was a giant time sink, but in the end the paid parking worked out and would highly recommend for touristic stress reduction, especially with a family. Can't get more convenient and closest entry point avoids some traffic.

Kinda shitty weather but good skiing today. Skied 2 Rockys and a Patsy. Medium density with the wind effect but other than very minor surface sluffing and my frostbitten face saying" get me off this fucking mountain", no instabilities noted.

Cloud deck sat right around 10,400. Quite a difference in weather above/below.

Wild night in Heber watching the Ski Joring. Entertaining til the horse fell on the rider. Surprisingly few times calling EMS onto the course.

Another Beaver incredible day.

Relatively smooth sailing to the mouth this am, then got behind a big rwd van with summer tires moving up lcc horizontally. They made it past the pump house before a few of us passed and yelled at them. Lots of shenanigans. The snow was very good, wind has been strong all day.

whoever is causing all this holiday and weekend road fuckery leaving the resort a Poor Man's country club even with the road "open", tbatt and I owe them a beer.

great snow with some nice heavy dense at the bottom to cushion the bumps and woos.

I’d contribute to that fund, as long as they are behind me in the snake.

Wind buff. I love it! Especially when it is on an obscure groomer which is invisible from lifts and below the cloud deck. Shear bliss.

The X-Games add/video on the right side of my screen is extremely obnoxious. I will watch no more X-Games.

Name:	PXL_20230128_233836946.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	979.0 KB 
ID:	444972

Name:	PXL_20230128_233419746.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	759.2 KB 
ID:	444973
    This afternoon at Alta was amazing. Snow was soft, sun came out and the drive was a breeze.