Page 122 of 149 FirstFirst ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 3701
    The rain damage is real, most off piste was pretty haggard if I'm being honest. Cirque was still holding relatively well though and there was still a clean takeoff in Diagonal.

took the volunteer grom to snowbird today

super grateful to sfb and a ton of other mags for helping make this happen, both the grom and his legal guardian agree that snowboarding has been an incredibly positive development in his life

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

This is great stuff tgapp. Super cool.

Great stuff, tgapp.

Yesterday, Snowbird was fun. Tgapp, I would have liked to have seen you on the hill.
    On another note, TGR will open a retail location on Main Street in Park City. IDK, I guess they are attempting to push the sale of soft goods and their brand aggressively. The shop in Jackson is dope, but I have mixed feelings about seeing a TGR retail shop in the Wasatch.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	james2.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	588.5 KB 
ID:	459729

Name:	james1.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	708.7 KB 
ID:	459730

LR and James are still holding nicely. There are a couple Class II+ creek crossings required to get back over onto Rendezvous.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Nice seeing ya today, Bob, and meeting your boy.
    “Son, you just met a living legend.” Good seeing ya as well, twas a glorious day.

Skied the south face of superior this morning, i'd stick a fork in it unless you are trying to keep a streak of skiing the south face of superior alive like I was. Some big runnels and not smooth snow. I'm guessing this is the last few days you'll be able to ski continuous snow from the summit.

Snow looks pretty good on north faces imo. Weird spring with limited overnight re-freezes, but the snow is into the summer snowpack phase so its skiing well where the snow is smooth.

Groomers at the bird at hard to beat at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I have mixed feelings about seeing a TGR retail shop in the Wasatch.
    Why is that?

Y'all do a mean wiggle

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-05-22 at 7.05.37 PM.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	604.7 KB 
ID:	459773
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Who's the knucklehead(s) that got Baldy bootpack closed on Sun.? Couldn't follow a simple request by SSP not to ski back into the Bird! Some clown on top even argued w/ me when I told them "no skiing back into the Bird"! You skied right by a sign telling you that exact thing as you entered the bootpack knumbknuts
    Must've been an ikonpassholder

Quote Originally Posted by CirqueScaler View Post
    Why is that?
    PROS: There will be a theatre that presumably will show TGR movies; I like TGR swag and won't have to order on-line and pay a shipping fee, or travel to the JH store.
    CONS: TGR risks losing its "niche" and reputation by this type expansion. I perceived TGR to have a very hip Jackson Hole ski bum vibe that has diminished over the past years. It has been infiltrated by the likes of the new schoolers/gapic crowd which has made the brand almost trite. This new strategy (retail stores in PC, Bozeman, Breck....) while probably good for the bottom line financially will take away from that warm and fuzzy feeling that I used to get by being a member of the TGR community. Soon, we should probably start a thread, "Gaper quotes that you have heard at your local TGR store". Look forward to a TGR retail store at your local mall. This makes me cringe a bit.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    Groomers at the bird at hard to beat at the moment.
    Interesting, they were, um, less than smooth on Sunday. Seemed like a fairly natural consequence of no refreeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Interesting, they were, um, less than smooth on Sunday. Seemed like a fairly natural consequence of no refreeze.
    I know it would never work because of people paying for day passes, but I wish patrol could just close it down when people started trenching the slop. Seems like the average joe is too dumb to stay off of the soup.

I'm talking about first thing in the morning before things had even really been skied. The cat operators never got it very smooth to begin with. Not knocking the operators skills at all, I figured it just wasn't possible to groom very well in those conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I know it would never work because of people paying for day passes, but I wish patrol could just close it down when people started trenching the slop. Seems like the average joe is too dumb to stay off of the soup.
    I know they manage the spring corn more actively at palisades and alpine in tahoe. Not that we have had the other half of whats needed for corn (freezes). even still, I wonder how effective it would be to close things earlier as they rut to allow the sun to smooth them out?

I dont even know what im talking about. i cant get out of the damn valley to save my life, havent been up in almost 2 weeks. For whatever reason I end up not being able to ride in May every season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I didn't say they were smooth, just that they were fun and holding the fastest snow.

Quote Originally Posted by crankplank View Post
    I know they manage the spring corn more actively at palisades and alpine in tahoe. Not that we have had the other half of whats needed for corn (freezes). even still, I wonder how effective it would be to close things earlier as they rut to allow the sun to smooth them out?
    They already close at 1 pm, how much earlier do you want them close???

They already close at 1 pm, how much earlier do you want them close???
    stop dont shoot! I know they do close some areas mid morning if theyre getting thrashed. Im not advocating for it at any rate, just talking.

Also I figured we'd have a good spring storm by now since it seems to happen every year, but no 2 seasons are the same i suppose. weather will be weather

I didn't say they were smooth, just that they were fun and holding the fastest snow.
    Ah, got it. I got spoiled by some of those mid-April days when everything was perfect wall-to-wall carpet and you could go so fast your face melted off.

Quote Originally Posted by crankplank View Post
    Also I figured we'd have a good spring storm by now since it seems to happen every year, but no 2 seasons are the same i suppose. weather will be weather
    We got the storms, but it rained instead.

Wasatch Gravity Research

You betcha.

Wasatch 22/23 - Gondolas, grooming highboy, and other comical anecdotes

Quote Originally Posted by MarsB View Post

Name:	james2.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	588.5 KB 
ID:	459729

Name:	james1.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	708.7 KB 
ID:	459730

LR and James are still holding nicely. There are a couple Class II+ creek crossings required to get back over onto Rendezvous.
    Cool to see. How about lightning? Thought about easy parking lot laps this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Problem this time of year is if a ski area doesn't reroy a slope it kinda sucks with any angle.
    Corduroy is what they lay down the majority of the season. Reroy is hitting it twice before public.
    This time of year one needs to groom it before it freezes.
    And again on graveyard after the slope sets up, the slower the better for less chunkage.
    SB don't spend on diesel like DV does.
    Or care, obviously. Only game in town. They could try a little harder.
    Like why the f hasn't zoom been spinning this spring?
    Other than the dirt pockets making knees feel old, hell of a pack this year, eh?
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Reroy, hah! I bet even DV wouldn't double their grooming costs.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Problem this time of year is if a ski area doesn't reroy a slope it kinda sucks with any angle.
    Corduroy is what they lay down the majority of the season. Reroy is hitting it twice before public.
    This time of year one needs to groom it before it freezes.
    And again on graveyard after the slope sets up, the slower the better for less chunkage.
    SB don't spend on diesel like DV does.
    Or care, obviously. Only game in town. They could try a little harder.
    Like why the f hasn't zoom been spinning this spring?
    Other than the dirt pockets making knees feel old, hell of a pack this year, eh?
    But the zoom groomers have been the secret stash the past few weekends, outside of making myself feel really old in the park. Upper cirque would ski good if more people were skiing it. Have to ski where the dust has been scraped off.

I still can’t truly figure out if p dog, mineral, cloud and tunnel will be running while the observation decks are being installed in the tram. Very lawyer esque opaque wording.

I go out with low expectations and fun turns materialize. Pics from Sunday

Name:	20230521_082933.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	993.3 KB 
ID:	459862

Name:	20230521_094514.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	459863