Page 13 of 149 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Brighton closed now as well
    Montani Semper Liberi

Pretty impressive winds on Baldy: https://windalert.com/spot/19373

Sustained 54 mph with gusts to 83 mph and still rising.

There was a plume of snow connecting the top of the Twins to the top of Storm Mtn when I left the house this morning. At this rate everything above 11k will be snow-free by the time it starts snowing tonight.
    I was skiing fairly sheltered N facing below 10k yesterday and there wasn't a lick of wind. Looking down in the gut of the drainage though you could see huge snow plumes moving about and all the trees were getting stripped. On my exit lap I made my way across a ridge onto a NE face and damn near got tossed back the way I came by a gust. Some wind pillows were forming and visually got bigger in the time it took me to transition and drop.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Caught this photo around 9am yesterday morning as we were driving down canyon after our morning ski.

And it didn't feel very windy yesterday compared to today.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Winds that are strong enough that ski areas cannot operate are filling in creeks, etc. with their transport.
    What snow is able to get a grip on slopes steep enough to avalanche is pockety and isolated not widespread.
    On Tuesday I noticed minor local collapsing in uncompacted flats from the new load.
    Would think this will be more noticeable and widespread tomorrow.

Wonder what affect today's wind had on yesterday's transport.
    Did those deposits stay put or are they in the flats as well?
    Guess we'll see, eh?
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Any thoughts on beaver opening day? Early? Thx.
    word i got this morn was 12/8
    let me know if ya head over
    i luvs me the beavs
    fuck corps and epic iconic shit shows
    ma and sons run ftw
    solifriday
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    word i got this morn was 12/8
    let me know if ya head over
    i luvs me the beavs
    fuck corps and epic iconic shit shows
    ma and sons run ftw
    solifriday
    7th if you have a pass.

yep i'll be there a bunch. season pass. at baker now. will head that way in a couple weeks.

This morning at The Alta was fucking Even the skied stuff and debris skied good. Did anyone else notice the weird shift to mid-mountain wind from about 10-noon? Not complaining because it re-buffed from about T10 down On a different note, WTF is up with a few drivers getting super agro on the way up and trying to pass in unplowed passing lanes when CLEARLY it is a "be patient and only use the 1 plowed lane" kind of morning??!! Fucking idiots clearly haven't lived here long and are willing to not only fuck up their vehicles, but also ruin everybody's powder morning that is behind them Lastly, pretty bold move to put a skinner directly up the lower apron of Sup when an AV warning is in place and we've got only the Bypass open
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

Conditions allowed for repeated attempts to go mach-looney - what a day. No complaints.

Beautiful snow in the morning and felt the same in the afternoon as wind moved everything around mid-mountain as Xover said. It felt like untouched cream between the angle and top of Collins.

Was supposed to go home at 11, stayed til 2... woopsies.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Conditions allowed for repeated attempts to go mach-looney - what a day. No complaints.
    ski ya tomorrow?

Deer valley was fun. Poked around with what was open, going with someone who knew the place would find a lot of good snow, but the best i could do was follow people who had cool clothes and cool looking skis.

place was empty. Pulled in at 930 with a 1/3 full parking lot.

I wish, but I’m working this weekend.

Wasatch 22/23 - Gondolas, grooming highboy, and other comical anecdotes

Quote Originally Posted by Xover View Post
    This morning at The Alta was fucking Even the skied stuff and debris skied good. Did anyone else notice the weird shift to mid-mountain wind from about 10-noon? Not complaining because it re-buffed from about T10 down On a different note, WTF is up with a few drivers getting super agro on the way up and trying to pass in unplowed passing lanes when CLEARLY it is a "be patient and only use the 1 plowed lane" kind of morning??!! Fucking idiots clearly haven't lived here long and are willing to not only fuck up their vehicles, but also ruin everybody's powder morning that is behind them Lastly, pretty bold move to put a skinner directly up the lower apron of Sup when an AV warning is in place and we've got only the Bypass open
    Didn’t make it up till 1:30 but yea, skied stuff still skiing great.
    No agro drivers today but I’ve seen em pass me and wondered the same thing…
    Buddy and I were wondering about the late skinner up little sup and wondering the same thing…🤷♂️

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Skinner guy has a small brain and balls of steel. A few lines went in across the street that I wouldn't have touched.

Cops were 'enforcing' traction law when I drove up, gave them a thumbs up even though they didn't wave down the few small cars in front of me. No passers, not even in passing lanes, everyone seemed to understand that the speed were going is the speed the whole way up. Left turn up BCC was longest I've ever seen it, LCC was smooth, quick sailing after chain control.

Snow was great, got some untouched stuff even on the last run.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alta1.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	347.5 KB 
ID:	436485

Pretty awesome yesterday. Legs were shot by 3 but couldn't quit until closing time. Should be out after the game today if anyone wants to make some turns. Say hey if you see a blue jacket/yellow helmet + alta sticker

What’s the haps on the RTP slide? Hoping things are good

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

I *think* all good? No one I talked to sounded alarmed. One twitter post said she thought they were probing "just in case" but that was speculation. Looks like it slid onto Mark Malu? Good sized fracture, short run though.

https://twitter.com/TrippTermini1/st...09350710456320

Name:	FjEtbpsVsAM2P_S.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	672.3 KB 
ID:	436556

Short vid of probe line:
    https://twitter.com/radjanirad/statu...25857184145408

Still decent up there today, a lot of wind jack though. Tram was down most of the day and Gad2 and little cloud after the slide due to personell issues with the search taking a lot of man power. Cool whip was in effect.

Yesterday though! Holy Shit!
    Last edited by beaterdit; 12-03-2022 at 05:00 PM.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

My son has a Brighton pass this season and has been reporting insanity over in that canyon this season. Today Solitude was road parked both sides all the way down to Silver Fork restaurant. There were people parking at the Brighton store and walking down to Solitude.

Do we need two gondolas? Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Good sized fracture, short run though.
    Short run because it terminated in a gully. Debris was deeper than probe length in quite a few spots.

winds having their way with s-w aspects.

west scotties was meh, so...

Name:	wscott.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	436608

tip toed are away in...

Name:	scott2.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	906.4 KB 
ID:	436610

MSGA

W Scotties was meh?? Damn boy, you're picky, that kind of creamy surfy stuff is a dream to ski on.

Traction law enforcement seems to consist of them seeing if your car looks expensive/big or not.

BCC is so fucked this year. First time in BCC yesterday, line-up started at 7 AM. and for what? skied out solitude bumps?

Quote Originally Posted by CirqueScaler View Post
    First time in BCC yesterday, line-up started at 7 AM. and for what? skied out solitude bumps?
    not skiing the resort. parked at solitude after 5:30am yesterday and headed over to meadow chutes. maybe 5-6 lines but really nice riding. then over to an untouched east bowl, ran into solitude patrol doing control work on the pinnacle, skied off the top and another top to bottom then out flanagans. no instabilities noted and some of the best turns of the year. can confirm the shitshow on both sides of the road down to silverfork lodge at 2pm. outside of the group of 15-20 on top of west bowl at 10am, saw only 2 other people all day.

Name:	pinnacle.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	374.3 KB 
ID:	436662

Name:	fantasy.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	294.4 KB 
ID:	436663

Name:	east-bowl.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	496.8 KB 
ID:	436664

Name:	view.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	357.5 KB 
ID:	436665

Name:	flanangans-turns.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	303.1 KB 
ID:	436666

Name:  Image1670177350.337195.jpg
Views: 836
Size:  42.7 KB

Apparently this may be the norm with the new Trams. Heard from a bud the new trams are even less wind friendly AND the software will shut ‘em down without many ways to manually override as the operators were able in the past. Curious if anyone can verify??

If true, may see this alert quite regularly…