Page 81 of 149 FirstFirst ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 3701

Wasatch 22/23 - Gondolas, grooming highboy, and other comical anecdotes

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    It's probably all the toxic China pollutants in the snowflakes weighing things down. Or, you know, you could just be getting older.
    So is this weekend’s conditions the norm for the Wasatch pow or an outlier from the atmospheric river?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
    So is this weekend’s conditions the norm for the Wasatch pow or an outlier from the atmospheric river?

I haven't lived in this area since 2004 but have been back a few times. It seems heavier than it used to be for sure.

I lived in Jackson during the 80's and it was always cold as hell. I get rained on over there multiple times a year now.

I just think the snow was particularly cold and wind affected. “Stiff”

Come in December for blower.

You didn’t need to travel to Utah to ski shit snow you could’ve just stayed in Colorado. Saved yourself a lotta time and money. Colorado’s just as good or better than Utah. Tell all your friends.

Was that snow bad? Shoot, I guess I have to change my journal entry from "awesome ski day" to "the snow was too heavy, did not have fun".
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

It has not been sucking out there
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arg.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	741.4 KB 
ID:	453383

If I could sum up this winter...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ofp26_oc4CA&t=5s

In 1982, Saltair was a quarter mile from the water’s edge, but 1983 was the wettest year on record in Utah, and by 1984, the lake surface was five inches above the floor of the Saltair pavilion.
    Name:  FLOODED.jpg
Views: 936
Size:  16.2 KB
    link: https://www.gslyc.org/?page_id=29

Name:	MILLY1.PNG 
Views:	102 
Size:	873.7 KB 
ID:	453406Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MILLY2.PNG 
Views:	101 
Size:	923.1 KB 
ID:	453407Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MILLY3.PNG 
Views:	99 
Size:	939.7 KB 
ID:	453408Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MILLY4.PNG 
Views:	104 
Size:	960.6 KB 
ID:	453409
    Making do with that 4ft slab of "wet" snow
    Last edited by crankplank; 03-27-2023 at 02:21 PM.

what the fuck are you guys talking about in this thread lmao

The skiing was super good this weekend. BTW, shoutout to me for ensuring we had a record season in the face of the widespread disparagement and jokes about blowjobs I withstood in the interest of speaking truth to power (the slc mags)

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-03-27 at 2.20.06 PM.png 
Views:	159 
Size:	230.8 KB 
ID:	453415

Quote Originally Posted by mar123 View Post
    It has not been sucking out there

Name:	Arg.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	741.4 KB 
ID:	453383

If I could sum up this winter...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ofp26_oc4CA&t=5s

In 1982, Saltair was a quarter mile from the water’s edge, but 1983 was the wettest year on record in Utah, and by 1984, the lake surface was five inches above the floor of the Saltair pavilion.
    Name:  FLOODED.jpg
Views: 936
Size:  16.2 KB
    link: https://www.gslyc.org/?page_id=29
    As a laymen and not a scientist I’d guess the lake would have to go up 15-20 feet and as a result it’s surface area would have to expand by well over 1000 miles to reach the Salt Air in the next few months. My napkin math sucks but I think there is no fucking chance in hell the salt air will be flooded this year

Quote Originally Posted by CirqueScaler View Post
    The skiing was super good this weekend. BTW, shoutout to me for ensuring we had a record season in the face of the widespread disparagement and jokes about blowjobs I withstood in the interest of speaking truth to power (the slc mags)

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-03-27 at 2.20.06 PM.png 
Views:	159 
Size:	230.8 KB 
ID:	453415
    Thank you for your service. This should not go unrecognized.
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    As a laymen and not a scientist I’d guess the lake would have to go up 15-20 feet and as a result it’s surface area would have to expand by well over 1000 miles to reach the Salt Air in the next few months. My napkin math sucks but I think there is no fucking chance in hell the salt air will be flooded this year
    heard its up 2, and 7' total rise is anticipated. I should go out to antelope soon to get a before and after.

Snagged second tram this morning. Canyon closed until ~noon. Fucking great day

Hey SLC mags, I'm going to be driving through on my way back from a hut trip in Idaho and figure I might stick around for a few days. Week of April 10, if anyone is interested in some before or after work touring shoot me a message I'd love to meet up!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Another thing to consider during that time is they were flowing a crap ton of water out of the south arm into the north arm of the lake and pumping water out into the west desert to control flooding.

If we don't do any of that (not sure we'll need to anyways) maybe we will see a rapid rise of the lake this season?

Regardless pulling for the health of the Salt Lake and some more fat winters.

Some great Salt Lake facts here:
    https://nhmu.utah.edu/sites/default/...Lake%20FAQ.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by mar123 View Post
    Another thing to consider during that time is they were flowing a crap ton of water out of the south arm into the north arm of the lake and pumping water out into the west desert to control flooding.

If we don't do any of that (not sure we'll need to anyways) maybe we will see a rapid rise of the lake this season?

Regardless pulling for the health of the Salt Lake and some more fat winters.

Some great Salt Lake facts here:
    https://nhmu.utah.edu/sites/default/...Lake%20FAQ.pdf
    Yeah, the management of the lake is a mystery to me. But before the 80s I believe the lake was slowly going up to a record year, and not down every year like it is now. But it's awesome nature will change the lakes direction into a positive direction in 2023, and hopefully it stays that way for a while.

In other news, tgapp and I skied the deepest snow of the year today (for me) because somehow Snowbasin got 2 feet of some light airy pow overnight on top of the foot they got yesterday. This is all i got for proof:

Name:	staker.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	453432

Nor Powell or Mead filling, but local flooding and chaos? You bet!

In other news, tgapp and I skied the deepest snow of the year today (for me) because somehow Snowbasin got 2 feet of some light airy pow overnight on top of the foot they got yesterday.
    Hell yeah! How warm did it get this afternoon? Looks like the sun stayed hidden until about noon.

Would you just stand there filming?

https://twitter.com/cch360/status/16...AhpkcFP_XoA3tQ

Yeah, the management of the lake is a mystery to me. But before the 80s I believe the lake was slowly going up to a record year, and not down every year like it is now. But it's awesome nature will change the lakes direction into a positive direction in 2023, and hopefully it stays that way for a while.

In other news, tgapp and I skied the deepest snow of the year today (for me) because somehow Snowbasin got 2 feet of some light airy pow overnight on top of the foot they got yesterday. This is all i got for proof:

Name:	staker.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	453432
    Snowbasin got absolutely hammered with lake effect. Unreal!

At Snowbird today. It is my first time skiing the Wasatch in 15 years. I don’t remember the snow being this heavy. The storm came in cold so I am not sure what is going on but the bird is not covered in the cold smoke I was expecting.

Yeah... it was terrible. Nobody should come to Utah anymore cause the snow is too heavy now....
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Terrible evening for a walk up lcc

Name:	IMG_3450.JPG 
Views:	115 
Size:	343.3 KB 
ID:	453460

Name:	IMG_3448.JPG 
Views:	109 
Size:	224.3 KB 
ID:	453461

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

hoo yeah thats alright

Name:	PXL_20230328_002912702_2.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	453471

These pictures y’all are posting are really spectacular.