Page 10 of 149 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Looking forward to it! I'll be at Alta 11-1. Dark blue pants w orange highlights, probably grey bd jacket. Think I'll bring my M6 Mantras. Super excited.

RE BC, I actually quite enjoy low-angle season. I'm new, but it always facets a lil, doesn't it? Just glad we have coverage and hope it won't be as bad a dry spell as my last two years.

Heading up to Alta around 11ish as well, hoping it isn't a mob scene like Solitude was on Friday. Yellow jacket, green/black pants w/ some yellow, probably on my Black Crow Atris.

BC has been good so far, though on Sunday we found a lot of variable wind affected stuff on Cardiac ridge. This cold clear weather is setting up some real instability issues for the future though...
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Unpopular opinion: winter should start Dec 1st. Before that it's desert season. After that it's getting too late.
    Preach. Looks high-and-dry for at least two weeks: http://wxmaps.org/outlooks.php

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    Heading up to Alta around 11ish as well, hoping it isn't a mob scene like Solitude was on Friday. Yellow jacket, green/black pants w/ some yellow, probably on my Black Crow Atris.

BC has been good so far, though on Sunday we found a lot of variable wind affected stuff on Cardiac ridge. This cold clear weather is setting up some real instability issues for the future though...
    i needs mur canting
    so your saying my fishing season may not be over
    is what it is

"When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Happy Opening Day indeed! Can't beat tons of terrain, untracked pow, and walk on lifts.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20221118_095259.jpeg 
Views:	119 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	434494Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20221118_104352.jpeg 
Views:	147 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	434495

Sent from my SM-S908U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    How'd you sleep last night on those heated pavers?
    I rolled up to the upper parking lot at 7:30, made it to Wildcat by 7:45, and there were a few singles at the gate and a big Mormon family of 6 behind them. The family was nice enough to let me get in the front of the line.

Otherwise lift lines weren't bad at all today - great snow, lots of stoke, no rocks.

Shout-out to Muted for hooking me up with some Beltex broth!!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I’d say one of the best Snowbird opening days in quite a while. It was nice having Peruvian open and everything available. The Cool Whip and Cheater Baldy were both open. Snow had a bit of a layer down low but overall stellar conditions.

Seems a tradition I run into Skihost every opening day for years.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4F519F71-B326-42E8-ACD6-36DC2E235ACB.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	434525

Fun opening day at Alta!

By 2nd run lift line was gone

Untracked turns are never bad

funky hidden layer chewed me up and spit me out ...been wearing denim about 4 seasons/finally tested it in a waste deep cartwheel ...that was fun too
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

That snow was weird if slightly skied. Best skiing when we got there was full untracked or totally skied. Nice to not worry about rocks on the high t and have a rippin highboy. Do your snow dances!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

That was a great opening day.
    Here's to the 22/23 season.
    Cheers.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

standard mid season mid week pow day.

on a mid november opening day. hard to rein it in and be smart. 10* would recommend to friends

TFW 1. Alta porcupines 0.

Happy opening weekend all! Enjoy!

Non skiing related thread drift...
    My wife's cousin decided to get married at Solitude this July, with a whole weekend of nonsense scheduled up there. So now I need to find a place to stay , preferably at Solitude but open to anything up BCC. Never even looked at options up there in Summer , and usually stay Cottonwood heights or LCC for skiing , so have no idea what to look at or what's available. Any tips here?

We now return you to your regularly scheduled opening weekend stoke...

There are a few air bnb/vrbo cabins up there, which would be great. Also Solitude hotels but not familiar with any of them.

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

heading up to Alta after just getting in from MKE, black jacket, grey helmet with purp goggs, and bright green boots with a sassy sleep deprived attitude, say hi
    You took too much man, too much, too much

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Happy opening weekend all! Enjoy!

Non skiing related thread drift...
    My wife's cousin decided to get married at Solitude this July, with a whole weekend of nonsense scheduled up there. So now I need to find a place to stay , preferably at Solitude but open to anything up BCC. Never even looked at options up there in Summer , and usually stay Cottonwood heights or LCC for skiing , so have no idea what to look at or what's available. Any tips here?

We now return you to your regularly scheduled opening weekend stoke...
    We used to take our daughter up each summer for a weekend to enjoy the mountains and swim in the pool there. There’s a good amount of condos that are privately owned but are rentable right at the Village.

https://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rental...itude-mountain

Quote Originally Posted by Xover View Post
    TFW 1. Alta porcupines 0.
    Bwahaha!
    Been wranglin them inverted pincushions for years.

If anyone finds a 916 heel piece on highboy, throw it away! Hah. Definitely mounted the rock skis too close to the old holes and walked the heel out of the skis and took a nice slide down the majority of it. All good just was that beater walking down under collins around noon today

Skiing was good in and out of the resort this weekend!

Cannot figure out how to rotate this...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20221120_134623.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	434841
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    If anyone finds a 916 heel piece on highboy, throw it away! Hah. Definitely mounted the rock skis too close to the old holes and walked the heel out of the skis and took a nice slide down the majority of it. All good just was that beater walking down under collins around noon today
    You were the subject of several radio calls and caring observation.
    Yellow coat, no?
    Glad yer ok, sounds like you picked up some speed...

Nope, blue jacket. Only slid about half, ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post

OH BOY that was you? glad your ok!

My last lap on Highboy around 2 PM dude dropped in and didn't navigate the spicy entrance well - I was a good 30 + feet below and we rocked down, bent the pole but and we both slid into home base... thankfully safe! hahaha

Saw two binders rips today as well, one tele / one alpine. Give yourself room on those remounts! or if not, dowel baby!
    You took too much man, too much, too much

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    Skiing was good in and out of the resort this weekend!

Cannot figure out how to rotate this...
    If you crop your image a little bit it should place upright...for some reason with some vertical(portrait) images if you dont crop them a little bit it likes to display them sideways.
    Name:  20221120_134623.jpg
Views: 974
Size:  137.4 KB

Baldy before Thanksgiving...thank you ASP!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20221121_114000.jpeg 
Views:	127 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	434891

Sent from my SM-S908U using TGR Forums mobile app

Was wondering if they were gonna pop that this week. Both Main and Little looked very filled in for only a 50" base.
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"