Page 9 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Oh look, let’s add more cars to I15: New Proposal.
    Potentially ski related…gotta get from here to there.

https://buildingsaltlake.com/udot-un...5-through-slc/
    UDOT Dumbasses>we don't need 6 lanes>we need proper exit ramps, and a carpool lane that is not pay to play.

In New jersey (when I left) they got by with 4 lanes -sometimes 3. Carpool was 3+in a vehicle or emergency vehicles only. Was 13 million people in the state back then.

*Key is proper exit ramps and crossing highways.
    Freeway Exits should not have traffic lights! Exits should pass over the highway and loop back for those left turn fkers-not cross traffic. That stops exit ramps from backing up onto the freeway> a key problem here in SLC.
    Crossing highways should have been upgraded years ago to overpasses at the busier crossroads.
    .................................................. .................................................. ...............................
    O K Back to the Stoke!

Keep it rolling maggots-we had a great start this year/I hope everyone got some those sweet pow turns in already
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    UDOT Dumbasses>we don't need 6 lanes>we need proper exit ramps, and a carpool lane that is not pay to play.

In New jersey (when I left) they got by with 4 lanes -sometimes 3. Carpool was 3+in a vehicle or emergency vehicles only. Was 13 million people in the state back then.

Freeway Exits should not have traffic lights! Exits should pass over the highway and loop back for those left turn fkers-not cross traffic. That stops exit ramps from backing up onto the freeway> a key problem here in SLC.
    Crossing highways should have been upgraded years ago to overpasses at the busier crossroads.
    .................................................. .................................................. ...............................
    O K Back to the Stoke!

Keep it rolling maggots-we had a great start this year/I hope everyone got some those sweet pow turns in already
    Oh look a New Jersey traffic engineer, that should solve everything

TH, luckily for me I am about the same distance from the desert as I was in Salt Lake. What I really miss is the snow, i miss those huge canyon dumps and heading up at midnight with the hope of being inter lodged into the country club.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    I miss the shit outta Utah, especially the desert. Ughhh….there’s a damn good reason it’s over-run, because despite all the traffic, it’s still the most amazing place.
    Been really digging Death Valley, the Mojave and CA's High Desert these past few years myself ..... but, shhh ... don't tell anyone
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

Fun to hear you guys banter. Love it.
    Not the last get together in Wasatch Resort. Place was meant for it. Maybe a spring gathering?
    After the sun smiles upon us again...
    How bout that UAC flower the last two days, eh?
    Don't go to the site very regular, so have we ever had solid green this time of year?
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

TFW, per your question a solid green is definitely an anomaly, similar to the full black we had in Feb’21. I guess things are setup pretty good.

My question to you, or others who may have pre-opening access to A-B, what are the conditions like? How crusted are those unskied aspects which look so prime? Besides the protected north face, I’m presuming everything else will be zipper or worse(?). Anyone get to sample and confirm?

5 weeks into a new hip and already have 4 days of mellow touring. About 4 weeks ahead of schedule and not looking to push too hard too soon. I do not plan be in the throngs on Friday, in LCC anyway, and just trying to confirm my suspicions. Anyone have beta?

Thanks for helping curb my itch…

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Oh look a New Jersey traffic engineer, that should solve everything

TH, luckily for me I am about the same distance from the desert as I was in Salt Lake. What I really miss is the snow, i miss those huge canyon dumps and heading up at midnight with the hope of being inter lodged into the country club.

Not me, I’m 450 north of SLC so a long drive to desert, Montana snowpack sucks. But I live super rural and it suits me very well.

Anyway. Old guys reminiscing on Utah. I’ll exit now.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    How bout that UAC flower the last two days, eh?
    Don't go to the site very regular, so have we ever had solid green this time of year?
    This time last year they still weren’t even putting out a report. When it starting snowing a bit, there were some all green days. I think that’s actually somewhat common at this time of year, when the snow history is limited and we dry out for a bit. Obviously we have more snow on the ground than we usually do at this point though.

I moved to Alta in 1990 and lived at the old Watson Shelter. Used to be able to sleep in the truck anywhere in LCC. American Fork was just getting bolted routes. City of Rocks was a free-for-all.

“Those were the days”…

I miss the shit outta Utah, especially the desert. Ughhh….there’s a damn good reason it’s over-run, because despite all the traffic, it’s still the most amazing place.
    I pulled a shift at Watsons in the early 00’s. Washed a lot of dishes and skied a lot of pow. At times I wish I had never left.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    I pulled a shift at Watsons in the early 00’s. Washed a lot of dishes and skied a lot of pow. At times I wish I had never left.
    I lost 1/2 my neurological potential and capacity from living there for 9 mos. I wouldn’t have survived another season. Did ski 7 days a week though, working those 1/2 shifts we all did do we could ski every day.

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post

O K Back to the Stoke!

you know the carpool lane is free if you're carpooling, right?

I lost 1/2 my neurological potential and capacity from living there for 9 mos. I wouldn’t have survived another season. Did ski 7 days a week though, working those 1/2 shifts we all did do we could ski every day.
    Met my bride to be on the beach on the old Watson's Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    you know the carpool lane is free if you're carpooling, right?
    srry, i didn't really want the ski thread to get shitted up with traffic talk

Of course, it's free to carpoolers; though, many states do not allow single driver vehicles to buy a pass for a carpool lane... that defies the basic concept of promoting carpooling. And it is usually those drivers that jump 3 or more lanes in heavy traffic to get over there.

TBH- the only traffic I worry about is on the High T. Let's carry on with ski stoke!
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by ski_the_fraulein View Post
    TFW, per your question a solid green is definitely an anomaly, similar to the full black we had in Feb’21. I guess things are setup pretty good.

My question to you, or others who may have pre-opening access to A-B, what are the conditions like? How crusted are those unskied aspects which look so prime? Besides the protected north face, I’m presuming everything else will be zipper or worse(?). Anyone get to sample and confirm?

5 weeks into a new hip and already have 4 days of mellow touring. About 4 weeks ahead of schedule and not looking to push too hard too soon. I do not plan be in the throngs on Friday, in LCC anyway, and just trying to confirm my suspicions. Anyone have beta?

Thanks for helping curb my itch…Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Wind gotta hold of upper elev. N and E last night.
    S aspects got a crunch going at all elevations.
    I think the best call overall right now at upper elev. is W and middle elev. is anything but S.
    Easy on the new hip, eh?

Wind gotta hold of upper elev. N and E last night.
    S aspects got a crunch going at all elevations.
    I think the best call overall right now at upper elev. is W and middle elev. is anything but S.
    Easy on the new hip, eh?
    Doctor’s orders but VERY tough taking it slow. Snow came earlier than I planned for. May need to sign up for junior’s pre-season program-ha!

Pulled 5 years of shifts sandwiched between FOGs and stinky kids. Ski a lot, but not a lot of pow (2011 - 2016). Spent too much time serving food some seasons, and other seasons just skiing. Dont want to go back to working with the FOG but I do miss the skiing.

Wasatch 22/23 - Gondolas, grooming highboy, and other comical anecdotes

Nice article about the kid, tfw.

Went on a drive to my favorite zone in the Oquirrhs this morning knowing it was a longshot. And it was.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20221117_091402.jpeg 
Views:	106 
Size:	154.0 KB 
ID:	434425

Not bad when this is plan B.

Name:	20221117_144949.jpeg 
Views:	138 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	434426

Sent from my SM-S908U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by westoxified View Post
    they're letting people sleep on the heated pavers to secure needles. hype

Name:	Image1668729406.917559.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	506.1 KB 
ID:	434430

"boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Nice article about the kid, tfw.
    Thanks. Makes me proud she does, as a youngster, too.

On another note.
    We sure built weak snow in a hurry with these cold temps / clear nights. Upper level weaknesses around crusts, and now pretty rotten snow in thin places, specially on rock.
    For the ski area, the break in snowfall is good cuz we can get open and ski this stuff into a strong pack from nearly the dirt up, for the back country we could be lookin at some future problems magnified if cold temps persist.
    Don't see a set-up for 50 yr. events, but c'mon and snow again already, eh?

My tenure there was sporadic during January 1975 as a perq to providing electric entertainments. It was much less hassle than the lifty dorms or the Peruvian basement.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

On another note.
    We sure built weak snow in a hurry with these cold temps / clear nights. Upper level weaknesses around crusts, and now pretty rotten snow in thin places, specially on rock.
    For the ski area, the break in snowfall is good cuz we can get open and ski this stuff into a strong pack from nearly the dirt up, for the back country we could be lookin at some future problems magnified if cold temps persist.
    Don't see a set-up for 50 yr. events, but c'mon and snow again already, eh?
    Another week of high and dry and we'll be singing a different tune. Crusts were already stout on SW and even due W at 10k this weekend, that shit isn't right. Beautiful little snow feathers everywhere shady, first hints of the dreaded hissing of skiing through hoars, and enough on the ground to provide a smooth surface for things to run on, especially with the winds we've had.

Unpopular opinion: winter should start Dec 1st. Before that it's desert season. After that it's getting too late.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Happy Opening Day Mother F**kers

Name:	064DCE83-CACD-4C95-A9BB-BD8DC9765A50.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	698.5 KB 
ID:	434474
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Happy opening day!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Happy opening day!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    How'd you sleep last night on those heated pavers?