Page 7 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Ya the parking lot at grizzly every time ive checked this fall has been absurd. I hope we never see 90% of those people again once the resorts open

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Droc had a good theory on the early season touring crowds that I'm latching onto because I like the implications for the rest of the season:

Lots of folks bought touring gear the last few years but didn't really use it much. The early season snow caused everyone to want to get out and scratch the itch with their first turns of the season. So all those folks with new touring gear got out and finally used it. But once lifts start turning and they remember how much easier it is to ride chairs versus skin up, the gear will go back in the corner of the garage until next early season.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    not a lot of peeps nor instabilities in the days hood
    little wind slabby on the r&b ridgeline
    lot of down lumber on the trail
    stellar mid november faceshots up high on the draw
    nuns rulers to the knuckles and whipper snappers face shots on the lower
    add it to the needs a nature pruning list

"When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1668189261.336067.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	183.1 KB 
ID:	433416
    ‘‘Twas a purty late afternoon”

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Solitude looks sick today!
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Busy, chilly morning.

Name:	IMG_9942-2.jpg 
Size:	865.5 KB 
ID:	433472

Name:	IMG_9947-2.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	593.0 KB 
ID:	433473

Fuckin tele skiers.

Name:	IMG_9954.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	563.5 KB 
ID:	433474

Name:	IMG_9964-2.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	345.2 KB 
ID:	433475

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    Solitude looks sick today!
    Solitude lift lines sure look sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    Droc had a good theory on the early season touring crowds that I'm latching onto because I like the implications for the rest of the season:

Lots of folks bought touring gear the last few years but didn't really use it much. The early season snow caused everyone to want to get out and scratch the itch with their first turns of the season. So all those folks with new touring gear got out and finally used it. But once lifts start turning and they remember how much easier it is to ride chairs versus skin up, the gear will go back in the corner of the garage until next early season.
    the Trekkers will definitely go back into storage but hopefully the Pontoons get lots of inbounds love this year

here's a snippet from today's town mailer from the big boss
    Unfortunately, the Sunnyside lift will not be complete for our opening day, and we will not be able to use the Albion Lift until more of the Sunnyside Lift is installed. This means that for the opening weekend and possibly a few weeks afterward our beginner terrain will be limited to what can be accessed from the Snowpine and Alta Lodge Tow. We will bring the Albion Lift online as soon as possible, but we expect it will be a week or two after opening day. We are hoping the new Sunnyside lift will be operational before Christmas. That is dependent upon the remaining parts and pieces arriving with sufficient time for them to be installed.
    I'd love to know how much difference between what they are hoping and what they think is actually going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post

here's a snippet from today's town mailer from the big boss

I'd love to know how much difference between what they are hoping and what they think is actually going to happen.
    First he says they hope it will be ready in 1-2 weeks, then he says they hope it will be operational before xmas. Either gonna be a mess now, or the ikons will know the lift isn't in place and they'll save their days for later in the year, when it will be a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    First he says they hope it will be ready in 1-2 weeks, then he says they hope it will be operational before xmas. Either gonna be a mess now, or the ikons will know the lift isn't in place and they'll save their days for later in the year, when it will be a mess.
    They could toss a bone and open Supreme as soon as set up allows. Not really beginner terrain, whatever.
    Supreme has no snowmaking and hasn't been able to open early so much of late.
    Best early season cover and stability in the Wasatch since '05, no?
    South facing LCC was open today. Wide open. Anybody get a pic of the cock and balls on Cottonwood Draw shoulder?
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Up the other canyon today

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Props to everyone who got out today!

I hit Catherines for a mellow lap -my old feet were screaming so I didn't get to top of the ridgeline>but still got untracked pow turns all way down to top of sunnyside

Conditions were top notch...I really should of hit a ridgeline, but I did not think it would be ThAT GOOD!

Anyone get a picture the Glory Rainbow(circular rainbow)? Damn I didn't bring a camera
    >a Double Giant Glory Rainbow popped out above Baldy, freaking huge .... light angles made it visible at higher elevations...as I dropped below the top of sunnyside it disappeared
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

^nice pics....Very nice to be out today....

doin my best to get off the beater track

Name:	WP_2.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	433513
    nice wiggles on bday's

Name:	WP_1.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	433514
    steep and deep, not a track or person in sight

Name:	WP_3.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	2.19 MB 
ID:	433515

forecasters say high and dry till turkey day...todays blessing/ tomorrows curse, hope not

No pics due to temps and late start. But stoked to make some self powered pow turns. Good times

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

North facing was worth the south facing this afternoon.

Name:	IMG_5937.JPG 
Views:	119 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	433554

Name:	IMG_5941.JPG 
Size:	280.6 KB 
ID:	433555

^Nice work!

At the risk of turning into one of the FB groups, anybody know if the Millcreek Road got plowed when they were pulling out the power poles this week? Looking to just get some exercise with my littlest one on my back tomorrow.

BTW, the summer road got plowed to at least the 2nd hairpin and will be mostly asphalt by tomorrow...

Sent from my SM-S908U using TGR Forums mobile app

I saw friends taking their pups up Porter fork on IG today, if that helps. Not sure about the road proper

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    ^Nice work!

At the risk of turning into one of the FB groups, anybody know if the Millcreek Road got plowed when they were pulling out the power poles this week? Looking to just get some exercise with my littlest one on my back tomorrow.

BTW, the summer road got plowed to at least the 2nd hairpin and will be mostly asphalt by tomorrow...

Sent from my SM-S908U using TGR Forums mobile app
    I skied the summer road to the mount aire trailhead tonight with my dogs and it was great. It should keep, it's about 5-6" of very compacted snow.

Not impressive at all but I'm 3 weeks out from major surgery/hospitalization so it just felt great to be sliding on snow again.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Ho Lee Fuk today was baller, been nursing a sinus infection this week but dragged my ass out. Little bit of later start than I wanted - Oingo Boingo and Jaws were deeeeep. Lapped Upper / Main Days a couple times, did not disappoint. The return chundery-zippery-bouncy crust down Flagstaff was sort of fun? Maybe it was just those rage sticks Schlinder sold me... haha.

@ Baron - I saw the rainbow too! it was really cool, two over superior and another of snowbird, don't think I've seen that before

Heres your doubbble rainnnbow from inside my windshield haha.

Name:  PXL_20221111_230534241.jpg
Views: 921
Size:  42.4 KB
    You took too much man, too much, too much

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    I skied the summer road to the mount aire trailhead tonight with my dogs and it was great. It should keep, it's about 5-6" of very compacted snow.

Not impressive at all but I'm 3 weeks out from major surgery/hospitalization so it just felt great to be sliding on snow again.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    fkna stoked 4 you
    hopes 2 ski ya soon
    nippley single diggie 9 degrees when i rolled into the silver fk hood bout 8
    gathered the crew n headed up
    silvers trails a little cleaner than days but some detours and down trees there too
    if your rollin out that way may wanna check your speed

west bowls = hammered east not quite as much
    ended up here

suck limited to frosty facial hairs n my old man outta shape chicken legs inability to make the high speed comin out of the choke
    speed check turn and needing to lay it down in a full frost face buried skis white room immersion and not putting the sd card back in the camera
    blessed are those who git to share the doing of the thing with their brothers of bummery
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Right on Tgapp, glad you are getting back out. Basin opening the 18th, are you going to try and make it?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Have you guys seen this article about the Gnarwhale. Seems happy. Good story.
    https://sports.yahoo.com/jim-harris-...103056289.html
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Kid bc booter sesh…

Name:	IMG_5976.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	925.0 KB 
ID:	433655

Name:	IMG_5962.JPG 
Views:	141 
Size:	406.1 KB 
ID:	433656