Page 79 of 149 FirstFirst ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 3701
    Well fuck. And here I was thinking that yesterday was excellent.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    I feel guilty about it if that makes you feel any better.
    that’s how you know it’s wrong. #ctr

Quote Originally Posted by criscam View Post
    Does anyone know the latest w the Cardiff access via bcc? Last time up there noticed a no trespassing type sign near the donut falls th (we were coming out that way). I haven’t read the latest between the owners/FS/access/etc.
    No official update AFAIK. The no trespassing signs have multiplied, along with the orange nets that have been installed across the trail in at least 3 different spots between the gated switchback and the spot where you cross below the E face of Kessler. Those things are half buried already, probably gone by now, basically trash and litter.
    I was tempted to remove them last time I skied out since they'll most likely sit there until they melt out in the spring but I'm sure those fuckwads have game cameras installed in the area to try and document trespassing. I just ski through with both middle fingers in the air shouting obscenities instead.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    I just ski through with both middle fingers in the air shouting obscenities instead.
    Duly noted.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Duly noted.
    It's not a requirement mind you, I find that it adds to the experience and it satisfies my pettiness. One of these sacks of shit almost ran me off the road a few years back as he was struggling to stay on his snowmobile and I never got over it. The fact that there's now trash all over the area infuriates me even more...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

I went up and disregarded the trail trash and saw plenty of others doing the same a couple weeks back. I did almost get snagged on one of their stupid not quite buried fences on the runout. I hate those people on principle, I wish SLCO would just buy it and donate the land to USFS. These momos would be better off with a spread on the wasatch back.

Rode trees this AM in BCC and saw the banks actively sluffing onto the road around 10, and total carnage lower down. I saw someone putting chains on an 80 series landcruiser.

Does anyone know the latest w the Cardiff access via bcc? Last time up there noticed a no trespassing type sign near the donut falls th (we were coming out that way). I haven’t read the latest between the owners/FS/access/etc.

Apparently White Pine made it 300' across the road and dropped 15' of debris on there? Hot damn...
    Between that and the pic above making BCC looks like a barely maintained dirt road up in the great white north, it's going to be fun getting out of the Cottonwoods tonight!

Wasatch 22/23 - Gondolas, grooming highboy, and other comical anecdotes

Sitting in Powderhorn in Soli village after an incredible day. Our room has a view of the road down and it’s been creeping both ways since I got back around 3:15. There was one car out my window that must not have moved more than a few feet up in almost an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today at bird was just amazing. Peruvian never opened, and upper Cirque was closed, ski on lifts all day, it was almost country club like.

Interlodge from 230 to 645. Made it to the mouth of BCC at 8pm from entry 1. Cam shows the snake still exists at 945.

Possibly one of the best days of the year (he said for the 25th time this year). Back up tomorrow to do it again.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Sitting in Powderhorn in Soli village after an incredible day. Our room has a view of the road down and it’s been creeping both ways since I got back around 3:15. There was one car out my window that must not have moved more than a few feet up in almost an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You hit it just right

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Wasatch 22/23 - Gondolas, grooming highboy, and other comical anecdotes

Jong question. I'm trying to figure out how to get to Alta tomorrow. With LCC road closed and estimated to open at 8:30, when do cars line up to head up the canyon? Where do cars line up? I lived in SLC and had an Alta pass 2002-4 but it clearly wasn't as crowded back then. Just trying to figure out how we get there tomorrow.

You want to be before the la Caille light which means queueing from the north no later than 630 in my experience. I’m anticipating delayed opening.

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    You want to be before the la Caille light which means queueing from the north no later than 630 in my experience. I’m anticipating delayed opening.

Thanks!

The White Pine slide is well deserving of many gawks!

Quote Originally Posted by Xover View Post
    The White Pine slide is well deserving of many gawks!
    Any pics?

Impressive. Thanks. Guess that explains the emergency PM interlodge

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    Today at bird was just amazing. Peruvian never opened, and upper Cirque was closed, ski on lifts all day, it was almost country club like.

Interlodge from 230 to 645. Made it to the mouth of BCC at 8pm from entry 1. Cam shows the snake still exists at 945.

Possibly one of the best days of the year (he said for the 25th time this year). Back up tomorrow to do it again.
    Yesterday at the Bird was like nothing I have ever seen in 30+ years, many of them with a pass here, of skiing here.
    So deep, multiple interlodges, multiple squalls creating 0 visibility on the hill, lifts shutting down early afternoon, people rushed into lodges, restaurants unable to open, and road out not opening until almost 7.

Sitting here now @ 845 am watching it snow wondering when this recent interlodge will lift and what will open when it does....

Needless to say my 9 yo first bird experience has blown his mind.
    Hope to show him around a bit more today.

Never in my life wanted it to stop snowing before...

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post

Yesterday at the Bird was like nothing I have ever seen in 30+ years, many of them with a pass here, of skiing here.
    So deep, multiple interlodges, multiple squalls creating 0 visibility on the hill, lifts shutting down early afternoon, people rushed into lodges, restaurants unable to open, and road out not opening until almost 7.

Sitting here now @ 845 am watching it snow wondering when this recent interlodge will lift and what will open when it does....

Needless to say my 9 yo first bird experience has blown his mind.
    Hope to show him around a bit more today.

Never in my life wanted it to stop snowing before...

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    Jong question. I'm trying to figure out how to get to Alta tomorrow. With LCC road closed and estimated to open at 8:30, when do cars line up to head up the canyon? Where do cars line up? I lived in SLC and had an Alta pass 2002-4 but it clearly wasn't as crowded back then. Just trying to figure out how we get there tomorrow.
    Go to Snowbasin
    Its a junk show up LCC.
    No fault of either resort, jus too much snow to safely deal with

What will I remember for longer about yesterday? The two hours of exquisite, blind skiing in the deepest pow of my life? Or the raging dumpster fire of the wildcat lot at 9 pm

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Go to Snowbasin
    Its a junk show up LCC.
    No fault of either resort, jus too much snow to safely deal with
    yea... i wager I had more vertical last season, with this season's storms filling the lots and road closures as well. Still, has been some the best laps in around 12-14 years and memories for a lifetime. Been avoiding some of the busier days after the 4 hour bus ride down in late december.

I trust the Woody's Report

What's the best bang for your buck LCC accommodations? I'm having a hard time choking down The Cliff prices. I just wanna come ski AltaBird without the Gong Show like I have for the last 30years. Is that too much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles Mgillicutty View Post
    What will I remember for longer about yesterday? The two hours of exquisite, blind skiing in the deepest pow of my life? Or the raging dumpster fire of the wildcat lot at 9 pm
    I’d say equal memories. But the skiing was pretty fkn good