Page 57 of 149 FirstFirst ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 3701
    What was going on at the Y this afternoon?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Anyone care to make a recommendation for a good zone to go touring tomorrow that’s not in the cottonwoods? I’m still relatively new to the area and have been hitting the cottonwoods a lot but am looking to avoid the red snake shitshow if possible.

Lamb's Canyon....maybe Millvue Peak
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Don’t know all the details. But big fall, group performing cpr. Life flight hoist out of the couloir.

Been a while since I heard the heli move as loud and fast as it did this afternoon!! #fingerscrossed

Quote Originally Posted by CirqueScaler View Post
    I took the 8:10 bus from 94th and highland a few saturdays ago and got on - it was about full after everyone at the stop got on. no new snow. Took like 1h10m to get up to Alta, three stops at Snowbird
    How early do you need to get to BCC/LCC to beat the crowd on weekdays now?

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Don’t know all the details. But big fall, group performing cpr. Life flight hoist out of the couloir.
    Yeah, hearing about a fatality. CPR in the field from a traumatic arrest is a pretty desperate situation. Bad deal. RIP
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Had a great few days of skiing the Wasatch but holy shit, how do you deal with that pollution inversion?! That is so nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Lamb's Canyon....maybe Millvue Peak
    Thanks the the beta, did exactly that and great turns were had up high. Followed by some of the gnarliest ski bushwhacking I’ve ever done, and I’m from Idaho.

Traffic for BCC unlike anything I’ve ever seen when I drove by yesterday morning. Backed up to the 6200 pnr at 7:30am. Probably a half mile towards LCC and at least that far headed west on ft union, too. Two cruisers with lights blazing blocking the sneaky shortcut from wasatch to BCC. All this, on a non-holiday Saturday a week after the last storm.

LCC was moving slow, but moving. Utter chaos at the White Pine trailhead, with what seemed to be at least three very large avy 1 groups staging for the day and cars parked hundreds of feet into the no parking slide zone on the south side of the road.

But, hey, at least there are no armed landowners in LCC yet. Alpine was ravaged on all aspects from sun and wind, but good skiing, dense shrubbery, sporty creek crossings, and most importantly, peace and quiet, were all in long supply in lower more sheltered terrain.

I had a bit of a close call today, I did a full write up for the UAC which I can link when it comes out. I’m a little shocked and embarrassed with the circumstances. Having to dig out your partially buried son when you are mentoring him to be safe in the mountains is not awesome

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Damn ZZZ. I'm glad you and yours are ok.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I had a bit of a close call today, I did a full write up for the UAC which I can link when it comes out. I’m a little shocked and embarrassed with the circumstances. Having to dig out your partially buried son when you are mentoring him to be safe in the mountains is not awesome

Yikes. Sorry you guys had to experience that. But if everyone is ok, maybe the silver lining is a very informative experience that will last a life time. Your humility is also part of the lesson for us all.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post

Shit happens man! Thankful to hear he's ok. That's a parents nightmare.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Had a great few days of skiing the Wasatch but holy shit, how do you deal with that pollution inversion?! That is so nasty.
    We are hoping for premature death. Which is preferable to living under the thumb of our legislature.

ZZZ glad everyone is ok, cant imagine the terror of that instant.

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    Very vague

https://kutv.com/amp/news/local/back...ibextid=unz460

Heard he fell from very near the top while descending and another crew ascending found him/called for a rescue/began CPR.

dam vibes zzz. Hope to learn something from your writeup.

Basin skied great today with no name opening and storm skiing. All the Ikon beaters couldn't see no name which means they didn't ski it. Had pretty much the whole thing to ourselves on the 4 laps we took down to pyramids.

Saw this from this afternoon on the facebooks. Jeezus. Sounds like the poor guy fell down the whole damn thing. Ski is being retrieved for return to the family. Terrible. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	24405B74-CE88-4136-8161-C133FE3475CC.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	903.9 KB 
ID:	446284

ZZZ so glad you guys turned out ‘ok’. Everyone gets caught off guard at some point. It will give your son lasting respect for this stuff. Hope he’s not too beat up or shaken up.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Fuck, a fall down the whole Y sounds horrible. Vibes to his family, touring partners, and the people that rendered care.

Alta delivered today. Started off chalk skiing, ended skiing 3 or 4 of light density, made afternoon chalk skiing feel like a movie. Left at 245, didn't get to the mouth of the canyon until 5, sweet.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Glad everyone’s alright zzz. I Nordic skied today, had some commitments midday downtown was fun in its own right, round valley coverage is great.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Wasatch 22/23 - Gondolas, grooming highboy, and other comical anecdotes

https://utahavalanchecenter.org/avalanche/74783

Report says soft slab but it was a hard wind slab. I don’t remember entering that.

^^^nice report.

I almost killed my brother (no avy knowledge) when a slope we were skinning up cracked, moved a bit, and thankfully somehow didn’t keep sliding. Being the “expert” kinda sucks sometimes.

Stellar day today, shit piled up. Big fun with good people.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	159352AD-BEEA-45E9-9E9E-5C804CA20468.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	825.2 KB 
ID:	446316

Only bummer was the ride down and getting back to Brock Lander’s rental in the park and ride at the mouth. Seems the meth heads are at it again.

Name:	F4C08C10-855D-4C7C-A239-4E301429C59E.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	543.9 KB 
ID:	446317

Name:	280E439E-D593-4311-A7DD-71A91F44C0FB.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	675.6 KB 
ID:	446318