Page 87 of 149 FirstFirst ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 3701
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post

Shit, seriously? Is that a new thing this year? Super lame.
    Dan- if you buy a 23/24 Bird pass this spring it will include spring of '23

"The initial frontal band will sag through the area during the day Monday, followed by a prolonged period of moist and unstable northwest flow late Monday through Tuesday."

Sounds like the canyon could be open Sunday night if the main storm is coming Monday day. Canyon should be closed Monday-Tuesday, opening sometime Wednesday but no one knows for sure. I think your bat-shit crazy to drive from Tahoe for 8-12 hours in a snowstorm to ski a resort that will track out in an hour (probably will have good refills most of the day though) then probably close the next day or longer. Only a foot of powder at your home mountain is EXACTLY what you need to actually ski open terrain - 4 feet in April right after a huge storm here is not good. The lifts need to be cleared for one thing, never mind avie conditions.

And would guys please stop saying just go to Snowbasin to avoid the LCC shitshow? SB is a total shitshow also this spring thanks to IKon crowds and record snow. Parking becomes full by 10-11am on powder days and there's bumper to bumper stressful traffic way before you park. The lifts are all buried and there isn't enough manpower to shovel them out. Before all this recent snow the tram was buried and SB isn't even trying to unbury it before the season ends. Porcupine has snow up to the chairs. Strawberry may not open before this next big storm, although they will try. /ranting

This was at the base yesterday, the lift never opened. What do you think the top of the tram looks like?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fucked.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	215.2 KB 
ID:	453975

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Dan- if you buy a 23/24 Bird pass this spring it will include spring of '23
    Yeah, I'm aware and already a full passholder. I just always thought the spring pass was a cool thing they did.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    The lifts are all buried and there isn't enough manpower to shovel them out. Before all this recent snow the tram was buried and SB isn't even trying to unbury it before the season ends. Porcupine has snow up to the chairs. Strawberry may not open before this next big storm, although they will try. /ranting

This was at the base yesterday, the lift never opened. What do you think the top of the tram looks like?

It's hard to pinpoint exactly when we crossed into Biblical territory, but we're definitely there now.

Yeah, I'm aware and already a full passholder. I just always thought the spring pass was a cool thing they did.

It's hard to pinpoint exactly when we crossed into Biblical territory, but we're definitely there now.
    Gotcha. Guess I misconstrued what you were saying. Thought you were paying 50% ticket window price

Spring passes were cool. Got pretty pricey @ the end though

Any one have shots of the "gully" on Collins?

Appreciate the info guys. Hopefully this goes out tonight ,if not im going to consider 9-10 pm sun a hard cut to get into the canyon.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    "The initial frontal band will sag through the area during the day Monday, followed by a prolonged period of moist and unstable northwest flow late Monday through Tuesday."

Sounds like the canyon could be open Sunday night if the main storm is coming Monday day. Canyon should be closed Monday-Tuesday, opening sometime Wednesday but no one knows for sure. I think your bat-shit crazy to drive from Tahoe for 8-12 hours in a snowstorm to ski a resort that will track out in an hour (probably will have good refills most of the day though) then probably close the next day or longer. Only a foot of powder at your home mountain is EXACTLY what you need to actually ski open terrain - 4 feet in April right after a huge storm here is not good. The lifts need to be cleared for one thing, never mind avie conditions.

And would guys please stop saying just go to Snowbasin to avoid the LCC shitshow? SB is a total shitshow also this spring thanks to IKon crowds and record snow. Parking becomes full by 10-11am on powder days and there's bumper to bumper stressful traffic way before you park. The lifts are all buried and there isn't enough manpower to shovel them out. Before all this recent snow the tram was buried and SB isn't even trying to unbury it before the season ends. Porcupine has snow up to the chairs. Strawberry may not open before this next big storm, although they will try. /ranting

LCC constantly closing(what's happening now not included) w/ 1cm+ accumulation has become a huge problem too!
    Word of the winter: FKN snowsheds

we always thought the spring passes sucked. Just when people started doing other activities and crowds started to diminish all of a sudden there’s another influx of people. I’d gladly take the spring pass over the ikon anytime tho.

And just like that LCC is fucked. I’m sure the people who lined up at 5am this morning won’t mind another hour and a half wait. ETO 11am. Everyone waiting for LCC to open could be at snowbasin in 45 minutes. Up BCC in 20.

Would have to be a big shed

Name:	Screenshot_20230401_091357_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	866.3 KB 
ID:	453989
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

You think everything sucks though ikonfreewasatch

For those with fomo. I’m hearing the snow is upside down and wind jacked to hell.

Thanks for the update 'Coup! That's how I figured it'd be. Best to wait for the lemmings to get up there, cut it up/turn it over and then let the forecasted wind buff it out

Quote Originally Posted by crankplank View Post
    You think everything sucks though ikonfreewasatch
    not really I mostly just think crowds suck.

you know what would suck though? Waiting at the mouth of LCC since 5 or 6am and knowing the bird and Alta are getting tracked the fuck out right now and knowing the canyon won’t open for at least another 30 minutes. This is what the dude from Tahoe is going to drive 8 hours for.

On a cool note. There are 3 mountain goats across from the park and ride at the mouth of lcc. Haven’t seen them there in a long time. I know they’re non native. But still cool to see and glad I have binocs in the truck. So cool to watch them easily navigate steep snowy rocks. If it wasn’t for work there’s no way I’d be lined up for this junk show.

Quote Originally Posted by ikonfreewasatch View Post
    you know what would suck though? Waiting at the mouth of LCC since 5 or 6am and knowing the bird and Alta are getting tracked the fuck out right now and knowing the canyon won’t open for at least another 30 minutes. This is what the dude from Tahoe is going to drive 8 hours for.
    You know what would suck even more? The red snake getting blasted by a series of avalanches because skiing funky snow is more important than public safety.

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    You know what would suck even more? The red snake getting blasted by a series of avalanches because skiing funky snow is more important than public safety.
    If you think I’m complaining about the road being closed, you’d be wrong. If you think I give a shit about a bunch of ikoneers sitting in traffic for 6 hours to ski shit snow, you’d be wrong about that too.

I think that most of the IKONers have already used their 7 days in LCC. It's April...
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

You would think but they just keep coming

you gotta go where others aren't. The best thing about the canyon closures is that when the police are tied up on wasatch boulevard it's open season at the smiths on highland

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I think that most of the IKONers have already used their 7 days in LCC. It's April...
    I made the decision back in January to hoard my LCC days - looks like that will pay off this spring.

Got out for a short tour yesterday afternoon - wind jacked on anything exposed and dense for sure even in the trees but still great skiing. I was on spoon 150s and was the only one in my group that wasn't floundering on <30 degree terrain.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    Simmer down. He's just saying that driving from Tahoe to the Wasatch to ski Mon-Tues may not be the best idea.

Simmer down. He's just saying that driving from Tahoe to the Wasatch to ski Mon-Tues may not be the best idea.
    It may not be, I however just scheduled a series of meetings for Monday and Tuesday- for the exact purpose to be able to sneak a couple runs in!
    Sadly I am Ikon free.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by mc_roon View Post
    I made the decision back in January to hoard my LCC days - looks like that will pay off this spring.

Got out for a short tour yesterday afternoon - wind jacked on anything exposed and dense for sure even in the trees but still great skiing. I was on spoon 150s and was the only one in my group that wasn't floundering on <30 degree terrain.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app
    I have an Alta mid-week, so I have used zero LCC on my IKON. More spring 'Bird laps for me! See you up there.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    Would have to be a big shed

Name:	Screenshot_20230401_091357_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	866.3 KB 
ID:	453989
    Yeah. I did say what's happening now not included. Been skiing here 40yrs and never quite seen this