Page 92 of 149 FirstFirst ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 3701
    Quote Originally Posted by mar123 View Post
    sounds epic up there...in case anyone hasn't watched it yet...https://www.instagram.com/p/CqgnsuTvO8k/

years ago popped a small 15ft w 2ft deep soft slab in a steep cliffy zone at the Bird, enough to knock me over face first into the snow and partially buried. Wake up call for sure, took a lot of effort to right side up and get out of it.

...be safe even in-bounds, dont let your guard down.
    Holy shit. Literally choked up here at my desk watching that. I can't imagine being under the snow like that and I'd likely spas out and have a heart attack. Amazing how quickly that dude acted and knew what to do. I'll bet you look at life and little problems through a different lens after that.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    Holy shit. Literally choked up here at my desk watching that. I can't imagine being under the snow like that and I'd likely spas out and have a heart attack. Amazing how quickly that dude acted and knew what to do. I'll bet you look at life and little problems through a different lens after that.
    Felt the same way watching it. heavy.

Some Country Club kid stoke while interlodged .

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

That is one lucky grom. I was there some years back and a guy in our group was up to his armpits in powder and had lost one of his skis. Somehow he found it after about an hour of floundering around. He was spent after he got himself out.

Skier in a tree well today at beaver. They said the dude was not breathing for 8 min. Was alive when they got him to the base. Best wishes unknown dude.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Skier in a tree well today at beaver. They said the dude was not breathing for 8 min. Was alive when they got him to the base. Best wishes unknown dude.
    Strong work to all first responders involved in the rescue.

Long shot, but anyone have a powmow pass lottery they’re not going to use? I got one in my email today; other half didn’t.

Suds in it for you.

only midweek i'm not going to use.

Assume you mean full season pass.

Went to the can today and had retribution after my dicking around last Friday. Was 3 box up red pine, first couple chairs on saddleback, over the head blower on the steeper N facing stuff, waist deep trenching on everything that had less pitch, no liftlines at all besides the early AM wait. Really fun day.

Had to jet to get to work but think they finally opened 9990 about 5-10 minutes after I left. I'd been lapping Peak 5 3x to hopefully catch a run up there before I had to call it but no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by peace_coast View Post
    Long shot, but anyone have a powmow pass lottery they’re not going to use? I got one in my email today; other half didn’t.

Suds in it for you.
    Day Season passes officially sold out.
    Montani Semper Liberi

“Best case scenario HWY210 will open at 12:00 tomorrow.”

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    Went to the can today and had retribution after my dicking around last Friday. Was 3 box up red pine, first couple chairs on saddleback, over the head blower on the steeper N facing stuff, waist deep trenching on everything that had less pitch, no liftlines at all besides the early AM wait. Really fun day.

Had to jet to get to work but think they finally opened 9990 about 5-10 minutes after I left. I'd been lapping Peak 5 3x to hopefully catch a run up there before I had to call it but no luck.
    My daughter said that the north side of the 9's was amazing today. 9990 opened at about 1:15. This season, I missed that north facing fantasy ridge traverse. IMHO, it's worth an epic locals' pass just for the convenience of that terrain. This year, with the shit show known as LCC, I may have to end my vail boycott go back to epic and ikon, and 86 the Alta mid-week.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    My daughter said that the north side of the 9's was amazing today. 9990 opened at about 1:15. This season, I missed that north facing fantasy ridge traverse. IMHO, it's worth an epic locals' pass just for the convenience of that terrain. This year, with the shit show known as LCC, I may have to end my vail boycott go back to epic and ikon, and 86 the Alta mid-week.
    I'm marrying into a free epic pass this fall so I'll be up there more in the future when the epic crowds < lcc road crowds. so like early december and april

Still firing up here , really fine lake effect stuff. Will be epic when things eventually open tomorrow. But I'm banking on a delay at best. We shall see

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    I'm marrying into a free epic pass this fall so I'll be up there more in the future when the epic crowds < lcc road crowds. so like early december and april
    Yes, the wife is allowing me two passes. This year, IKON and Alta mid-week was great. We used up 7 DV, 7 Jackson, about 15 Sillytude and 30 Alta so far. I still have my 7 LCC days for the Bird in May. However, I do miss skiing with my daughter, who has only an Epic pass. In fairness to her, she does live at the base of the Red Pine gondola..
    Last edited by schindlerpiste; 04-04-2023 at 06:31 PM.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Still firing up here , really fine lake effect stuff. Will be epic when things eventually open tomorrow. But I'm banking on a delay at best. We shall see
    Lake has kicked on bigtime in Sandy. Inch an hour easily.

Same in Logan. Nuking

So, what's the call tomorrow as a visitor? Fight the LCC madness and hope for the best? Or use my dumb Epic pass at PC.

Powder Mountain was sick today, FYI

Sounds like LCC is right fucked, Epic pass may be the move if you actually want to ski
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Take this with grain of salt, but heard from some lifties just now that they expect only Gad valley ,maybe just lower lifts, and even then delayed opening for sure . PM TBD. It's apparently deep as hell and absolute blower

word 'round alta: "Best case scenario is a 12 Noon opening of road and ski area"

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    word 'round alta: "Best case scenario is a 12 Noon opening of road and ski area"
    Yeah. That's what I'm hearing here. Gadzoon and mid gad noonish

It was windblown in other parts of the Wasatch though on north facing ridges and much lower down some areas too. Plenty of great whipped cream in other places though. Also, you hear any Snowbird bombs today Duffman? Its so cool to hear about yer trip - hope it pays off again tomorrow for you! Just be sure to refuse any meet-ups to drink with Lone Star tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    So, what's the call tomorrow as a visitor? Fight the LCC madness and hope for the best? Or use my dumb Epic pass at PC.

Powder Mountain was sick today, FYI
    In light of the current road situation, I'd park at the Canyons side and ski PC. Or go back to Pow Mow again.

Or come to the beav. We are chilling up here.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/summi...111242750.html

Pow mow article sounding pretty tech douche..