Page 6 of 149 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 3701
  1. #126
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wasatch Back: 7000'
    Posts
    12,886
    Moonbeam tomorrow afternoon.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    2,769
    Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    SWE is pretty common nomenclature.
    Read the SWAG, bro
    Elitist backcountry abbreviations are gatekeeping all the morons like me from being part of the conversation!

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    1,030
    Hard at work digging trenches today...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20221109_115210.jpeg 
Views:	111 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	433094

    Sent from my SM-S908U using TGR Forums mobile app

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    gamehendge
    Posts
    874

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    2,888
    https://twitter.com/UACwasatch/statu...97786625028097

    11/9/22 Solo skier triggered and caught in avalanche on the Park City Ridgeline within PCMR. Not buried, not injured. 2’ deep, 40’ wide, 150’ length (est). Please share to stay out of ski areas getting ready to open. They are using explosives, doing grooming, other work.

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    17,751
    “There’s something to this,” he recalls thinking. “It’s not 100 percent, but there’s definitely a correlation.”

    https://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    7,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    Hard at work digging trenches today...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20221109_115210.jpeg 
Views:	111 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	433094

    Sent from my SM-S908U using TGR Forums mobile app
    I’m at work. Thanks for the stoke. Oh I am in the wrong business man


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

    So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....


    Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

    8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

    2021/2022 (13/15)

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Montrose, CO
    Posts
    4,583

    Wasatch 22/23 - Gondolas, grooming highboy, and other comical anecdotes

    Man, this thread has me missing the Wasatch something fierce. Glad y'all are finally getting after it instead of whining

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wasatch Back: 7000'
    Posts
    12,886
    Almost signature worthy
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Denial
    Posts
    2,537
    Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    "Moonbeam Express and Link Lift will run from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with access to Same Street, Little Dollie, and Easy Street."
    Oh. Well I guess I'm going touring then.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    the LCC
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Elitist backcountry abbreviations are gatekeeping all the morons like me from being part of the conversation!
    Some elitist ramblings:
    The avalanche world doesn't weigh the water in snow in grams, it's in inches.
    A quick inch of water is generally considered enough to tip the balance on a weak snowpack with a trigger.
    Say we get an inch of water with scouring W winds at upper elevations. Means 2"+ water weight on the other side of the ridge.
    Water weight not new snowfall depth is the more important factor when figuring hazard.
    Yesterday we had 24" of snowfall with 3.7" snow water equivalent (SWE). What was the density?
    Hint: 10" of snow with an inch of water is 10%.
    So, if one knows the new snow depth and density, one can figure the water weight...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    SLC burbs
    Posts
    4,173
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Roc View Post
    We call that going through the "nuns" , you know because you trying to figure out what you did wrong and why your being punished lol
    Brilliant imagery!
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    2,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    Oh. Well I guess I'm going touring then.
    They'll probably open Eagle last minute if you do and then you will curse me.

    Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Some elitist ramblings:
    The avalanche world doesn't weigh the water in snow in grams, it's in inches.
    A quick inch of water is generally considered enough to tip the balance on a weak snowpack with a trigger.
    Say we get an inch of water with scouring W winds at upper elevations. Means 2"+ water weight on the other side of the ridge.
    Water weight not new snowfall depth is the more important factor when figuring hazard.
    Yesterday we had 24" of snowfall with 3.7" snow water equivalent (SWE). What was the density?
    Hint: 10" of snow with an inch of water is 10%.
    So, if one knows the new snow depth and density, one can figure the water weight...
    I'm familiar with water weight and it's relation to avies, but I've been seeing 'SWE' posted without much context lately on Twitter and just could not put 2 and 2 together on WTF it meant. IMO they need to type it out if they are a weather person trying to teach people and inform them. I do appreciate your ramblings anytime though of course, it made me think about the wind scouring consequences a bit more precisely.

    But I still stand by that I'm a moron, even if my post you quoted was just a joke.

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    the LCC
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    But I still stand by that I'm a moron, even if my post you quoted was just a joke.
    Not poking at you, just puttin some edumacation out there.
    And you're not a moron, seeing all the solo touring you appear to do without incident.
    Respect.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    29
    As someone who was pretty critical of the close call in East Bowl last March, I was really glad to hear from the involved parties tonight at USAW. Pretty insightful and glad Willie looks to be a-okay. Heroic rescue.

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Where the sheets have no stains
    Posts
    21,929
    Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Some elitist ramblings:
    The avalanche world doesn't weigh the water in snow in grams, it's in inches.
    A quick inch of water is generally considered enough to tip the balance on a weak snowpack with a trigger.
    Say we get an inch of water with scouring W winds at upper elevations. Means 2"+ water weight on the other side of the ridge.
    Water weight not new snowfall depth is the more important factor when figuring hazard.
    Yesterday we had 24" of snowfall with 3.7" snow water equivalent (SWE). What was the density?
    Hint: 10" of snow with an inch of water is 10%.
    So, if one knows the new snow depth and density, one can figure the water weight...
    Great info TFW and impressive numbers, hope it keeps coming.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

    "Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,809
    Alta is already sitting at over 20% of last season’s total and we are still a week out from opening. I’ll take that.

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    1,030
    No caption needed
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20221110_111136.jpeg 
Views:	226 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	433233

    Sent from my SM-S908U using TGR Forums mobile app

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    2,769
    Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Not poking at you, just puttin some edumacation out there.
    And you're not a moron, seeing all the solo touring you appear to do without incident.
    Respect.
    Thanks - I'm no snow whisperer like you I mainly do sidecountry anyways.

    Quote Originally Posted by wasatchgravityresearch View Post
    As someone who was pretty critical of the close call in East Bowl last March, I was really glad to hear from the involved parties tonight at USAW. Pretty insightful and glad Willie looks to be a-okay. Heroic rescue.
    What did you learn that surprised you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    No caption needed
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20221110_111136.jpeg 
Views:	226 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	433233

    Sent from my SM-S908U using TGR Forums mobile app
    very nice

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    SLC burbs
    Posts
    4,173
    Beauty of a shot, looks like March!! Not jealous at all right now...

    Maybe a caption is needed about this abomination of a traverse halfway across the bowl? Lots of kooky shit going on in that zone in general but that's a new level of weird
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Behind the Zion Curtain
    Posts
    4,846
    If anyone bought a Snowbird parking pass if you call the ticket office they'll mail it to you. Otherwise they'll expect you to pick it up in person.

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Park City
    Posts
    4,995
    Except they are not available until Monday


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Funland
    Posts
    1,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    No caption needed
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20221110_111136.jpeg 
Views:	226 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	433233

    Sent from my SM-S908U using TGR Forums mobile app
    My caption:

    Every single ski tourer from SLC was at the top of West Bowl today.
    From the lady with no pack, to the Woodward bro who has his other bro "is your beacon on" in which he replied "its in my pack" to the entire UAC staff.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9866-2.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	760.0 KB 
ID:	433281

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9878.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	452.4 KB 
ID:	433282

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9890.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	575.4 KB 
ID:	433284

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9907.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	898.8 KB 
ID:	433285

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Joisey
    Posts
    2,485
    DMB played Vivint Arena last night. This was their poster.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1668031239226.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	157.6 KB 
ID:	433317
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    2,888
    Great skiing this afternoon

    Zipper crust on S facing below 9k, dafuq?? All other aspects were primo

    Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •