Page 5 of 149 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    I did Emmas - not west bowl - last year and felt pretty dumb. In my mind on the way up I was thinking "Why isn't anyone skiing that, we got two feet!!!" Oh, because everyone knows its all rocks dummy and how long have I lived here not to know not to ski that? Too long.

I think that was early December last year, not early November.
    must've been the same timing and we were thinking the exact same thing. we did do west bowl and it was good but prob not worth the exit.

Looking to catch Opening day at Alta, Friday.

?any mags who grabbed a parking pass mind an extra rider?

Can bring/buy Beers- help with Gas$

Shoot me a PM / may be slow responding; I don't keep my phone hooked up to my internet stuff
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    Looking to catch Opening day at Alta, Friday.

?any mags who grabbed a parking pass mind an extra rider?

Can bring/buy Beers- help with Gas$

Shoot me a PM / may be slow responding; I don't keep my phone hooked up to my internet stuff
    dont need one until Dec 16th
    You took too much man, too much, too much

Quote Originally Posted by D-Roc View Post
    dont need one until Dec 16th
    ooo sweet !... thx for heads up

Still willing to carpool with people if anyone with room wants to hang n ski/reduce traffic....

...also, My Blazer has room for 1 extra skier.
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Def jealous of y'alls conditions.

That old LL pole with the "claw" brings back memories. Still had one laying round the gear room(a bit newer)Attachment 432658

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Are we talking whippets??

Light use. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20221108_005909801.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	432783

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    thanks j
    ill be by for my coffee/cocktail cup
    chartreuse coladas ftw
    always good to meet new mags and hang w/ old friends hope to skis ya soon
    got sheldon up millcreek pofo 1st storm

skinned up millie fore work sunday with the better 1/2, mrs pow pondo the gal pal and sfotex

poundkeydidntsuck

"When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Made it out this afternoon for a quick poleline lap. I have never experienced wind like I did on the pass. Felt a bit like Lieutenant Dan taking on the storm.

Once I tiptoed off the ridge back down to the flats to more protected areas it skiied really well, very surfy. But the wind definitely moved a lot of snow, don't assume what was covered this weekend is still covered.

Everybody stay safe out there these next few days!

Sent from my SM-S908U using TGR Forums mobile app

Very windy with massive amounts of transport. Vis was so poor that it was hard to accurately assess cornice growth. Came in wet so no noticiable sloughs observed.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C7602D65-1476-4544-84F0-D92BEEBF8AED.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	519.9 KB 
ID:	433037Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EF1463EF-CF95-4895-80CE-3D883FB4F66E.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	386.9 KB 
ID:	433036

sbdu1 showing 3.7 inches of water in past 24 hours, cln showing 3.23.

to compare: we had just under 3 inches of total SWE from jan 7 to march 7 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    sbdu1 showing 3.7 inches of water in past 24 hours, cln showing 3.23.

to compare: we had just under 3 inches of total SWE from jan 7 to march 7 2022
    Insane #s.
    .40" swe from 0300 to 0400 this morning?
    Cannot recall a higher # in a one hour period. Have to ask the boys to look that one up.
    Temps were 34f all night at 8500'.
    Climate change is sure taking some getting used to.
    50 yr. avy events becoming 5-10 yr. events will take some getting used to as well...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Wish MM would bump opening up to this Friday! A bit worried will crust over by next
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

Soli opening on Friday, anyone else going? May be bringing the pow skis up with me
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    50 yr. avy events becoming 5-10 yr. events will take some getting used to as well...
    Ignoring the human risk this poses for a second, there's a long list of classic Wasatch runs which would benefit from a deep scouring by a monster slide. Brush has been growing mercilessly and is encroaching badly on a lot of terrain I'd like to be skiing without getting constantly grabbed, whipped, and occasionally clothelined by branches.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Armchair quarterbacking here cuz I haven't been out yet or dug in the snow, but we're not heavily faceted on the ground, no?
    We're not primed for 50 yr. avy events this year, at least for now, just the opposite with old snow getting so insulated last night.
    Seems like we'll have good early season stability after this all settles out and freezes with the upcoming cold temps.
    That'll be a change...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Ignoring the human risk this poses for a second, there's a long list of classic Wasatch runs which would benefit from a deep scouring by a monster slide. Brush has been growing mercilessly and is encroaching badly on a lot of terrain I'd like to be skiing without getting constantly grabbed, whipped, and occasionally clothelined by branches.
    friend and i were discussing this exact same thing the other day. kinda agree w tfw though that this prob not the year.

Quote Originally Posted by criscam View Post
    friend and i were discussing this exact same thing the other day. kinda agree w tfw though that this prob not the year.
    Oh I don't think we're there quite yet, I'm just advocating for it to happen sooner rather than later. The main face of Gobbler's has lost damn near 1000' of skiing because of encroaching brush. Argenta is basically an unskiable pile of trees by now, same for the lower half of Scotties, etc...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    May be bringing the pow skis up with me
    "Moonbeam Express and Link Lift will run from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with access to Same Street, Little Dollie, and Easy Street."

Also just found out SWE = Snow Water Equivalent. Lotsa lazy DD posting DFSH in UTWT lately and nobody knows WTF YATTS. FFS.

Oh I don't think we're there quite yet, I'm just advocating for it to happen sooner rather than later. The main face of Gobbler's has lost damn near 1000' of skiing because of encroaching brush. Argenta is basically an unskiable pile of trees by now, same for the lower half of Scotties, etc...
    Insane how fast that has happened. I have photos of skiing clean to the road.

Geezus, maybe I'm that old?

We call that going through the "nuns" , you know because you trying to figure out what you did wrong and why your being punished lol

id be curious to know if this was the earliest RED (high) forecast ever or close?

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Insane how fast that has happened. I have photos of skiing clean to the road.

Argenta went in 1996 and Scotties in 2005. Aspens are fast-growing trees, but yeah, we are just that old now.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Also just found out SWE = Snow Water Equivalent. Lotsa lazy DD posting DFSH in UTWT lately and nobody knows WTF YATTS. FFS.
    SWE is pretty common nomenclature.
    Read the SWAG, bro

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Yes, you're fucking old Flyk .... so, fucking old that you couldn't remember your original pw and had to create a new handle

Bwahahahaaaaaaa!
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

White Wave

Looks like time to celebrate the white wave in Utah. Take that you nay-sayers.