Page 35 of 97 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eagleskier View Post
    Hey all the forecast seems to be shaping up for at least a small storm cycle. I’m thinking of heading over and skiing Friday- Monday. I’m not doing much touring this year but I will bring my gear to hit RS or maybe Granite if conditions permit it.
    BTW the stoke and discussion in the thread have been fun to follow this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eagleskier, hit me up for some RS when you are here.
    Will be at the village tram Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
    Monday village or pass depending.
    If you bring the tour gear, the pass or the park is an
    option too.

There's an awesome book called "The Cocktail Hour in Jackson Hole", you guys should see if you can track down a copy. It was written in the early fifties and it leaves you with the sense that the more things change the more they stay the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Does TGR not pay for airfare and hotels for their athletes?

Something seems really off about that.
    Ha, no. Athletes pay for heli time too. WM I think pays for almost all travel, food, and heli time, or they used to. otherwise they'd have problems getting good skiers to shoot with them IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post
    Eagleskier, hit me up for some RS when you are here.
    Will be at the village tram Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
    Monday village or pass depending.
    If you bring the tour gear, the pass or the park is an
    option too.
    I got pushed back a day, so I’ll be skiing Saturday thru Monday. I’ll throw in the tour gear just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Does TGR not pay for airfare and hotels for their athletes?

Something seems really off about that.
    Those servers don't pay for themselves

Doesn’t TGR co own a hotel?

Quote Originally Posted by Woolly the Mammoth View Post
    There's an awesome book called "The Cocktail Hour in Jackson Hole", you guys should see if you can track down a copy. It was written in the early fifties and it leaves you with the sense that the more things change the more they stay the same.
    Will check that out. Reading Wapiti Wilderness now, similar takeaway from 1930s and 40s too. Very cool book, also interesting to read about people doing similar stuff so long ago.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Doesn’t TGR co own a hotel?
    Yeah. But you have to find the key. And open the roof hatch. Ski down the roof to flat. And then you get a cool patch just like the realtors get.

I don’t necessarily disagree with Core Shot, delusional just might be the right word for it. By the way, I didn’t say I personally would say that, just a lot of my family who miss the good old days and are hung up on the gentrification of the west. For the record our ranch isn’t in the Jackson Hole area -just in Wyoming . No dude ranches around us, just a working cattle ranch run by a bunch of grizzled old dudes who love the land more than anyone here can imagine. Yep I agree with Django it is a magical place but it has changed a lot in the last 10-20 years as has everywhere in the west, I don’t think there is much we can do about that. The rest of Wyoming outside of the Teton valley views Jackson Hole as the pariah that caused the downfall of the rest of Wyoming…
    Not saying I agree or disagree just stating a fact.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

WTF Kings and Queens won’t be live streamed this year? What the hell am I supposed to do at work? Work? I don’t think so.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Yeah. But you have to find the key. And open the roof hatch. Ski down the roof to flat. And then you get a cool patch just like the realtors get.
    Shady. Greedy. Shallow.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    Shady. Greedy. Shallow.
    Fat. Slow. Last tracks.

Jackson hole ground force.

Yes. I am a member of the ground force. In PBR we unite. Although sometimes it’s a Kokanee

FYI, the pass is closing tomorrow afternoon at 2pm for control work. The parking areas will be closed at noon.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I would not have believed it had I not been there, but today's snow was as deep and as amazing texture as any I've skied all season. I made the call to explore some zones that I'm not sure have seen any skier tracks this season.

I don't think it's snowed much in the last 1-2 weeks — I expected it to be good based on what I'd been skiing this week but not as good as it was.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	041A7732.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	444719Click image for larger version. 

Name:	041A8025.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	444720

Megadrool!

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Pretty stoked that our almost-last-minute quick getaway trip happens to coincide with some better-than-expected (if also colder-than-expected) weather. Planning to stay in town and ski the village for 2 days, and maybe head to Targhee for a third day before heading home. I have a rental car reservation for Tuesday from Thrifty in town, but I'm worried that we won't be able to make the drive if the weather is "too good". Are chain restrictions limited to the pass? Or,in other words, as long as the pass doesn't have restrictions, will we be OK the rest of the way? If snow stops (as forecasted) on Monday, is it likely we'll be able to make the drive on Tuesday in a rental SUV, or should we formulate a plan B (like Snow King)?

I know there's a bus to Targhee, but I'm trying to stretch my dollar as far as I can, so it's probably rental car, or stay in town.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
    Pretty stoked that our almost-last-minute quick getaway trip happens to coincide with some better-than-expected (if also colder-than-expected) weather. Planning to stay in town and ski the village for 2 days, and maybe head to Targhee for a third day before heading home. I have a rental car reservation for Tuesday from Thrifty in town, but I'm worried that we won't be able to make the drive if the weather is "too good". Are chain restrictions limited to the pass? Or,in other words, as long as the pass doesn't have restrictions, will we be OK the rest of the way? If snow stops (as forecasted) on Monday, is it likely we'll be able to make the drive on Tuesday in a rental SUV, or should we formulate a plan B (like Snow King)?

I know there's a bus to Targhee, but I'm trying to stretch my dollar as far as I can, so it's probably rental car, or stay in town.
    In my experience, you'll be totally fine on Tuesday going over the pass. The "chain restrictions" are limited to the pass and are typically just an AWD/Snow Tire requirement. Enjoy your time out here! It should be great!

I have to get a FWD Prius over the pass on Monday... that'll be fun!

Cappy - you'll be fine, unless you're a jong winter driver. Then Teton pass with snow, in a rental, might bug you out. But it'll be open and drivable.
    And locals will be rallying.

I met an old school lurker today at the village. He introduced himself to me and utterly blew my mind.
    Thanks for reaching out.

Took a walk on tram this am because, why wouldn't I?
    It was not awesome. 3.7% visibility with a skiff on big firm rough bumps. yee fucking Ha!
    The OG LPR's were tossing me like a mofo.
    TMoe and I talked about my old ass skis on the box up, and his even skinnier groomer zoomers he was railing around on.
    His preteen daughter was over pre teen running the DH course for the races this weekend.
    We all caught up in front of the fire and warmed our toes. This gaper told Moe he shouldn't take his boots off for cold toes.
    I snickered thinking tommy has surely suffered an amazing amount of days in race boots standing in the cold. he might wanna judge for himself.
    T just kept on being his happy go lucky self. Talking about heli skiing the knik glacier or some shit.

With the Crags run being closed for races, the getting around on the little mtn. is a bit compromised. Consider when chasing pow here soon.

Who's skiing the village this weekend?

Tomorrow, I expect something different, yeah?

NWS discussion says potential for 24-48" in Tetons, 60" in spots.

Here's hoping...we could use a storm cycle.

Tried to haul up after work tonight to catch this cycle, sure is looking to be a good one!!

Couldn’t get out of fort collins quick enough and literally every road in south central WY closed. Even the sneaky Laramie to wheatland to casper route, along with the medicine bow/Alcova route. Oh well. Made it to steamboat and maybe will get a look at an I80 window after a couple hours of skiing in the morning.

With a little luck the wife and I will be in tram line bright and early Saturday. Tall guy, blue/gold flylow jacket, Kastle zx115s, ask for change!

Just think, someone, somewhere was really wishing they coulda made it into Steamboat tonight.

Ski ya Saturday.

i80 webcams look like a dang blizzard in places.

Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    I would not have believed it had I not been there, but today's snow was as deep and as amazing texture as any I've skied all season. I made the call to explore some zones that I'm not sure have seen any skier tracks this season.

I don't think it's snowed much in the last 1-2 weeks — I expected it to be good based on what I'd been skiing this week but not as good as it was.
    I mean...that is pretty much perfection.

Well done

Been a long time since DH. Before my time.

Coming down crags run can’t be full fis course.
    There was talk of building a ski over under pass on the Casper to Teton lift traverse to someday do full DH again. Is that likely?

A fresh foot plus of 8% out there, mind the bumps beneath...

and with almost 600 miles of wind, it's gonna be well whipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Cappy - you'll be fine, unless you're a jong winter driver. Then Teton pass with snow, in a rental, might bug you out. But it'll be open and drivable.

Took a walk on tram this am because, why wouldn't I?
    It was not awesome. 3.7% visibility with a skiff on big firm rough bumps. yee fucking Ha!

With the Crags run being closed for races, the getting around on the little mtn. is a bit compromised. Consider when chasing pow here soon.

Who's skiing the village this weekend?

Tomorrow, I expect something different, yeah?

NWS discussion says potential for 24-48" in Tetons, 60" in spots.

Here's hoping...we could use a storm cycle.

The pass was a bit spicy yesterday am. Someone with a car hauler and staties. Tire tracks all over both lanes.
    But the snow was deep and soft. No ‘big, firm bumps’.
    Be careful how much you wish for. May be doing some
    standing around instead of skiing around.
    15inches reported and still dumping.
    Can you say “on hold for avy”. ?
    Will be rolling into Ranch lot with buddy and Stevied.
    Will look for mags in whatever line we end up in.

Quote Originally Posted by CMartin348 View Post
    In my experience, you'll be totally fine on Tuesday going over the pass. The "chain restrictions" are limited to the pass and are typically just an AWD/Snow Tire requirement. Enjoy your time out here! It should be great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Thanks, guys. We booked the trip about 3 weeks ago, and have been looking forward to it, but the stakes have been raised. I hope our legs can hold out.