Page 34 of 97 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
    Canoli those skis are almost dangling. There was also a ski hanging in the snowfield above tensleep today viewable from tram. Not sure what the story of that one is. Btw I read last night in the Wasatch thread if you crop the portrait oriented photos even a tiny bit before posting they go right side up. Gonna try it next time
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    Canoli those skis are almost dangling. There was also a ski hanging in the snowfield above tensleep today viewable from tram. Not sure what the story of that one is. Btw I read last night in the Wasatch thread if you crop the portrait oriented photos even a tiny bit before posting they go right side up. Gonna try it next time
    North Ridge is an awesome ski if you can time it right. Is that where the ski is?

I skied the Hourglass a few times on the bonus day (/employee ski day), last run, hopping over the railing. SUCH a good line! Been 10+ years since the last time.

And, yes, for whatever reason editing a photo (you probably don't even have to do anything to it) will cause the forum software to pick up the proper orientation.

It was a puffy-coat-leg-vents-open-glove-liners kind of day (hah!!!! talk about mixed identity!). Still soft, untracked snow out there. Skiing the 6-10" of facets is $$$$ right now.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	041A7493.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	2.55 MB 
ID:	444432

Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    North Ridge is an awesome ski if you can time it right. Is that where the ski is?

I skied the Hourglass a few times on the bonus day (/employee ski day), last run, hopping over the railing. SUCH a good line! Been 10+ years since the last time.

And, yes, for whatever reason editing a photo (you probably don't even have to do anything to it) will cause the forum software to pick up the proper orientation.

It was a puffy-coat-leg-vents-open-glove-liners kind of day (hah!!!! talk about mixed identity!). Still soft, untracked snow out there. Skiing the 6-10" of facets is $$$$ right now.

Name:	041A7493.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	2.55 MB 
ID:	444432
    Not the best ski turn. But good on you for setting up in front of those dead tree snow blobs. That’s unusual. It’s a snow hornets nest.
    Is there a pic before that captured the skier better?

I'd guess it was here (I marked up a stock photo). Heard some trollers saying no one was getting that one back, also something about it being a telemark ski. Then the safety speech started and I didn't get a chance to ask

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Not the best ski turn. But good on you for setting up in front of those dead tree snow blobs. That’s unusual. It’s a snow hornets nest.
    Is there a pic before that captured the skier better?
    Thanks for taking the time to comment! I agree with you: Was kind of mid-turn. I didn't think it is a perfect image, though I like some aspects of it.

The lighting was interesting — hitting that snow blob but not hitting the snow. I wish the sun were JUST a bit higher to light the whole skier.

Here's another frame. Do you prefer this?

Name:	041A7482.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	2.88 MB 
ID:	444445

Was another strange sweating-in-the-sun, half-freezing-on-the-descent, as you can tell by the unusual combination of layers and vents.

koko - that's the Cajun couloir zone. Hourglass and North ridge further looker's right.
    Summit's pretty racy right now; I bet a pinner's leashless ride took off whilst mounting up, above.

Chalkzones in the bowl are still quite nice. Bumptown all over the hill.
    Cold too, single digits mosta the day.
    Walk on trams and laps are in order.

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I agree with you: Was kind of mid-turn. I didn't think it is a perfect image, though I like some aspects of it.

The lighting was interesting — hitting that snow blob but not hitting the snow. I wish the sun were JUST a bit higher to light the whole skier.

Here's another frame. Do you prefer this?

Name:	041A7482.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	2.88 MB 
ID:	444445

Was another strange sweating-in-the-sun, half-freezing-on-the-descent, as you can tell by the unusual combination of layers and vents.
    Love it. I think the sun and shadow helps. In that pic sun hits skiers face and the blob. But shadow low makes the skier and blob stand out.
    Very nice.

PS. You could photoshop the bright snow at the bottom of the tree to make it more dim. It’s a bit distracting. But that is a really nice pic.

A buddy is driving from Whistler down to Jackson to film with TGR, Does anyone have a hotel deal for Alex Armstrong? "Army"

I'll be in the village Friday and Saturday also. Looking forward to fresh turns and I'll see you in the tram line dj!

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    A buddy is driving from Whistler down to Jackson to film with TGR, Does anyone have a hotel deal for Alex Armstrong? "Army"
    Yes, I can usually get 1% off the retail rates at the Amangani — should be $2,871 a night, not $2,900, if he is staying at least 2 nights.

*Excludes $580 "service fee", $383 sales tax, $290 lodging tax and a $4 donation to the land trust.

Would he like 1 room or 2?

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 4.32.23 PM.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	121.2 KB 
ID:	444567

Yes, I can usually get 1% off the retail rates at the Amangani — should be $2,871 a night, not $2,900, if he is staying at least 2 nights.

*Excludes $580 "service fee", $383 sales tax, $290 lodging tax and a $4 donation to the land trust.

Would he like 1 room or 2?

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 4.32.23 PM.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	121.2 KB 
ID:	444567
    Holy fucksticks. I remember when that was built.
    The beginning of the end of JH.

Holy fucksticks. I remember when that was built.
    The beginning of the end of JH.
    Was that the moment?

I bet some would say the 4S.... or paid parking. (I think they coincided... I don't remember paying for any parking before the 4S went in.)

Quote Originally Posted by byates1
    Tough way to go, though it sounds like the driver was likely at fault. (Putting aside the debate about the pressure on truckers & such...)

Memories fade. I thought amangani was before four seasons.

Four seasons. Second largest building in Wyoming. The state prison was the only larger one. Lol. Or no lol. It’s been sad.

Harrison ford was the first modern celebrity that changed shit.
    And yet, go back to the Rockefeller family. they created gtnp. So money isn’t always evil.
    Except for dick Cheney. Every time I saw the missle batteries on the snake I wanted to aim them for the pines.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    JFC, that is tough.

I gots no hotel hookups but maybe the trgz overlords can help him out, no?
    In a pinch, pm me with some vouching and I can maybe hep a guy somehowz.

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    I'll be in the village Friday and Saturday also. Looking forward to fresh turns and I'll see you in the tram line dj!
    I'll look for you, text me when in the groove. Looks like a change in the weather so maybe some soft on both of those days.

Was that the moment?

I bet some would say the 4S.... or paid parking. (I think they coincided... I don't remember paying for any parking before the 4S went in.)
    Heh...

I'd say it was shaped/fatter/shorter skis and the installation of the ganjala.
    Until lately, I'd argue the downhill spiral here has been in very slow motion.

What with the revenue maximification colonel at the helm, the bottom feeding for a nickel has begun to really crush the appeal of a resort with mostly accomplished skiers moving around.

And sadly, the lower ranks of schoolers are just getting worse each season.
    Lotsa great older workers but the kids are big mtn. clueless and not being taught the ropes properly.

Ah, whatevs. The skiing still rocks. Even when it hasn't snowed but a skiff in a while.

Memories fade. I thought amangani was before four seasons.

Four seasons. Second largest building in Wyoming. The state prison was the only larger one. Lol. Or no lol. It’s been sad.

Harrison ford was the first modern celebrity that changed shit.
    And yet, go back to the Rockefeller family. they created gtnp. So money isn’t always evil.
    Except for dick Cheney. Every time I saw the missle batteries on the snake I wanted to aim them for the pines.
    Generally speaking, neither the 4S or the aman are ever busy enough to make any dent on valley activities.
    Didn't 4S' sell out this Fall?
    Cheneys be homeowners but not residents much.
    There's a library section devoted to the Rockefeller/GTNP acqusition. It's less rosy than that. But we're all happy to have the Park.

Four Seasons brought the Nouveau Riche to the Valley, which signaled the change imo

Skiing Saturday then head to Las Vegas for work for the next few days. whoopee
    (jic anyone wasn't sure, that was sarcasm)
    I'll look for yous guys Saturday
    skid luxury

Many folks would argue that the end of the real Jackson was the opening of the resort.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Many folks would argue that the end of the real Jackson was the opening of the resort.
    As a 4th generation Wyoming ranch kid I can tell you that is exactly what my family would say.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    As a 4th generation Wyoming ranch kid I can tell you that is exactly what my family would say.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Of course. Four generations of Dude ranches and summer tourists headed for Yellowstone. What an amazing place until skiers came by
    #sarc

But old school winter (eighties and nineties) JH was cheap lodging and fresh-er pow.
    Winter was vacant. Lodging abundant. Hang at Craig’s elk refuge and drive to the upper lot ski in ski out.

If you think 1966 killed the hole, you’re delusional

It's a never ending debate but I'm certainly not calling Telee delusional

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

@kokomas

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Does TGR not pay for airfare and hotels for their athletes?

Something seems really off about that.

Well mnt. lion, that changes the equation.

Without being weird sounding, we can help her out.
    For reelz, surrprised she's not getting the hookup from the JoBros, but... so.

Pm me with some details and I can provide her a roof, a shower and a bed.
    No creepin' here, just a hookup as Mtn.lion carries plenty o' cred with me.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was referring to the point when the village went down; not the entire valley.
    And from all viewpoints, Jackson suuuuuucked in the winter bitd. Mass exodus of locals in November.
    Remember when the Moose-Wilson road was smoothed dirt from the Aspens to the village?

Telee's family ranch is a secret spot that is still idyllic in my mind. One of the last beautiful places.

lindenle/kokomas - which one of you poached that line?

Sorry for the “delusional” comment.

Cool that telee has been there generationally. The changes they have seen must be sad. The changes I have seen make me sad.

Oh well. Progress? Nah.