Page 36 of 97 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
    Pow Day!

Gunna go sample the scraps here in a bit

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    A fresh foot plus of 8% out there, mind the bumps beneath...

and with almost 600 miles of wind, it's gonna be well whipped.
    hehe..I missed it by 1 week; though its not like I didn't get fresh tracks yesterday in LCC.

Been tough to gauge when storms are gonna hit Jackson - week I rolled in had a 60% chance of 5" in town...ended up barely coating the mountain. This storm was not even on the 14 day forecast!

omg Jackson kicked my ass this year... will not make that mistake again /last season I was way more ready for the Vertical.

Anyway... glad you guys got some POW again! shred it

Holy hank was that deep today. And snowing S2 for most of the day. Getting cracky above 8500'. Brutal trailbreaking but worth it. Bring your fat boys.

Woo hoo this is why we live here.

Recommendation for a shop to demo some skis? Unless diverted again and after 36 hours of delay, my son is finally in the air to JH for his 3 day ski vacation. Carried on his boots and ski clothes, but no way his skis make it.

Smart kid. Always carryon boots.

TVS is the easiest and best these days. Good selection. Nice people.

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Holy hank was that deep today. And snowing S2 for most of the day. Getting cracky above 8500'. Brutal trailbreaking but worth it. Bring your fat boys.

A little density inversión where we were made trail breaking extra fun.

Imagine our surprise to hear avy bombs coming out mail cabin this afternoon to a closed pass. Luckily car was still at coal creek and no ticket!

Completely trenchtown kind of day. Over the head blower on every run. Point and shoot.

Pow Day!
    Well said

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Thanks CS. He landed and the 411 has been passed on. The kid (?, he's mid 20's) shreds and I'll tell him to ask for change for a nickel as he is slaying it solo. BTW, this thread delivers the stoke, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    hehe..I missed it by 1 week; though its not like I didn't get fresh tracks yesterday in LCC.

Been tough to gauge when storms are gonna hit Jackson - week I rolled in had a 60% chance of 5" in town...ended up barely coating the mountain. This storm was not even on the 14 day forecast!

omg Jackson kicked my ass this year... will not make that mistake again /last season I was way more ready for the Vertical.

Anyway... glad you guys got some POW again! shred it
    Yo baron, glad we got to connect for a few. Was good to catch up. Hard to complain when you're getting so much pow, eh?
    That's why we like the footrest down, legs need a break between laps here.

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post

JFC, that was something wasn't it?

S2 means nuking sideways?

The wind is our friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Energy View Post
    Recommendation for a shop to demo some skis? Unless diverted again and after 36 hours of delay, my son is finally in the air to JH for his 3 day ski vacation. Carried on his boots and ski clothes, but no way his skis make it.
    Teton village sports, JH sports at the Bridger center and Hoback sports in town are all owned by the resort.
    There is a demo tent always at the mid mountain Casper restaurant that is connected with them and they offer $10/hr. demos. He should look into that as he can ski in and change up his model at will.
    Waaaay bettah than getting one model for all day at a base shop.

Quote Originally Posted by gforce View Post
    Completely trenchtown kind of day. Over the head blower on every run. Point and shoot.
    Beauty, eh? That was a really good one. Glad ya nailed it.

I didn’t realize hoback got bought out. That sucks. But it’s also in town and depending on where you are staying not as convenient.

Bridger has less selection. And more stupid traffic in the morning.
    TVS has more selection and techs to keep shit moving.

Guvs shops are cool. Independent. But less selection.

Casper demos are hit and miss. And they close well before the lifts.

PS. Fkna jealous about the overhead pow. Damn. Save some for me.

That kind of day:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	041A8131.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	444863

One to remember today. Was so good to get lap after lap of deep turns with good friends.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4075.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	718.4 KB 
ID:	444874

sheesh what a day.

saw django at 815 in first box territory and he pointed out ski220 about 10 people behind me. Top of tram was socked in and blowing hard. Couldn't tell if I was moving unless I was looking at my skis. Got better lower down on hobacks. Rode with steve'd (not sure of his username - i'm terrible with them). Two tram laps then met up with gforce. Lapped thunder a bunch then headed down for last box and ran into east or bust for a final hoback lap.

Deep all day, Snow got denser throughout the day which was kind of nice. Close to waist deep in parts.

Stopped in at roadhouse for one and back in the hoback getting ready for tomorrow.

/sweetblog

cheers!

BTW the 2pm control work on the pass is still ongoing. I coulda, shoulda taken Snake River canyon but I decided to gamble and head for the pass. Oh well, at least the dinner at Big Hole BBQ was good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What.
    A.
    Day.

Got up early, saw the overnight snowfall was 10" plus 5 before closing. Almost 600 miles of wind in R bowl. That's plenty to push it hard.
    Tram cam shows players in line by 6:15. dammit.

I get moving, many peeps driving by 7am. dammit.
    Make it into tram line just under cover but with full maze surveillance position. I see NBA1 and ski220 making change.
    Lotsa skiers by 830, a few hundred fosho.

First box up, I'm out and away. Blowing like a sumbitch, wasn't entirely sure what the underfoot was fixin to do. Viz was at 2.4% notsohot.

Luckily saw lindenle and a coupla other locs fall in ahead of me. We follow the black doingers out and he drops into the bowl. I follow through the 3/4 trees with fresh boottop to knees deep all the way.
    It was excellent snow and almost all of the prior firm bumps were unnoticeable. Here and there you'd launch a firm spot. Into pow over your head. So sick.
    Faceshots aaaall the way down. Maybe 40 of them. That thud of snow in your chest is great. Whump, whump, whump...

I stop at the bottom of the bowl and look for lindenle, he's gone so I debate going out the gates, hmmmm? Nope gonna take a lap. It's still howling and snowing like a mofo. I love it.
    Slide forward and braille it down to top of Cheyenne bowl/wally's/bivy...schoolers had been turning into it so nothing fresh. I slide up to my favorite deep pow line and as I wiggle up to it, the trenches are pulling awaaay from it.
    Holeee Shite.
    For the first time in a few years I have it perfectly blown in and unskied.
    I wiggle and giggle my way into the steep alleyway through the trees of lower cheyenne. I've skied this line dozens of times but today was the perfect depth and density to charge it. I'm in marginally decent charging shape so, fuckit, charge.
    After many days of no snow, the north facing ruts were deep and swoopy down the gut. The 18-32" of standing 8% pow was more than enough to check the speed that the elevation drop would bring.

Hard arcing the super7's through kneedeep and getting hip waves started the snow behind and beside me moving. A lot.
    More than usual.
    I've been in plenty of moving snow and this was gaining speed and mass exponentially, not scary, but eye catching as the flow right beside me began passing me.
    I could feel snow catching me, increasing from the oncoming slough as the fresh turns just kept snapping off.
    Don't stop. Charge.
    Face shots, find the line, deep, holy, whoa, deeper yet, drop, oh shit, flawless, thank you.

Twice I cleared it and the second time it forced me to drop the 15' rock drop at the bottom.
    I usually just snake the apron but this time was falling forward into a massive white room landing that I was promptly racing out of towards an old growth pine stand, hadda dodge them and come to a stop at the bottom.

Today was maybe the single most flawless run I've ever had down that line. It was something I've been working on for some years now. Stick the line on it's best day... Wow.
    I'm still kinda reeling. Best line for me in a coupla years ez.

I knew I was fairly well done as topping that was a fool's errand so I took a few mid mtn. laps when the chair blew down and mazes ballooned.
    Rode up Marmot with an amazingly stoked teenager from wherever. That was like a cherry on top.

The Village delivered today.

Despite the best efforts of my various teachers over the years, I don't know shit about poetry, but I think I just read it.

Skiing was brilliant today with NBA1, gforce, and ski220. Reading DJs TR and seeing UaN and ZZZs photos bring it all right back. Nice work, all.

What.
    A.
    Day.

Got up early, saw the overnight snowfall was 10" plus 5 before closing. Almost 600 miles of wind in R bowl. That's plenty to push it hard.

Make it into tram line just under cover but with full maze surveillance position. I see NBA1 and ski220 making change.

First box up, I'm out and away. Blowing like a sumbitch, wasn't entirely sure what the underfoot was fixin to do. Viz was at 2.4% notsohot.

Luckily saw lindenle and a coupla other locs fall in ahead of me. We follow the black doingers out and he drops into the bowl. I follow through the 3/4 trees with fresh boottop to knees deep all the way.
    It was excellent snow and almost all of the prior firm bumps were unnoticeable. Here and there you'd launch a firm spot. Into pow over your head. So sick.
    Faceshots aaaall the way down. Maybe 40 of them. That thud of snow in your chest is great. Whump, whump, whump...

I stop at the bottom of the bowl and look for lindenle, he's gone so I debate going out the gates, hmmmm? Nope gonna take a lap. It's still howling and snowing like a mofo. I love it.
    Slide forward and braille it down to top of Cheyenne bowl/wally's/bivy...schoolers had been turning into it so nothing fresh. I slide up to my favorite deep pow line and as I wiggle up to it, the trenches are pulling awaaay from it.
    Holeee Shite.
    I wiggle and giggle my way into the steep alleyway through the trees of lower cheyenne. I've skied this line dozens of times but today was the perfect depth and density to charge it. I'm in marginally decent charging shape so, fuckit, charge.
    After many days of no snow, the north facing ruts were deep and swoopy down the gut. The 18-32" of standing 8% pow was more than enough to check the speed that the elevation drop would bring.

Hard arcing the super7's through kneedeep and getting hip waves started the snow behind and beside me moving. A lot.
    More than usual.
    I've been in plenty of moving snow and this was gaining speed and mass exponentially, not scary, but eye catching as the flow right beside me began passing me.
    I could feel snow catching me, increasing from the oncoming slough as the fresh turns just kept snapping off.
    Don't stop. Charge.
    Face shots, find the line, deep, holy, whoa, deeper yet, drop, oh shit, flawless, thank you.

Twice I cleared it and the second time it forced me to drop the 15' rock drop at the bottom.
    I usually just snake the apron but this time was falling forward into a massive white room landing that I was promptly racing out of towards an old growth pine stand, hadda dodge them and come to a stop at the bottom.

Today was maybe the single most flawless run I've ever had down that line. It was something I've been working on for some years now. Stick the line on it's best day... Wow.

I knew I was fairly well done as topping that was a fool's errand so I took a few mid mtn. laps when the chair blew down and mazes ballooned.
    Rode up Marmot with an amazingly stoked teenager from wherever. That was like a cherry on top.

Nice dude. Fkna.

Seriously.

I wish I timed my trip one week earlier.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

What.
    A.
    Day.

Holeee Shite.

More than usual.
    Don't stop. Charge.

DJ, you are the man! Stoked for you to power through the wear and tear of a life spent chasing it, to even now, after all this time , hit it just right and just right on time. Love the description ,absolutely captures why this is what we do! Enjoy and can't wait to catch up and make some turns together again soon !

So, seriously, if Djongo departs this earth sooner than myself, I propose that this is read at his wake. (Because he should have a wake).
    Sorry for this morbidity, but yes, I would say that this defines what I know about DU to a T, and in his own words.
    Kudos, and stick around!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Yes I, Djongo! Way to give Thanks and Praises. Irie!