Page 15 of 97 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Pm WMD, he had a place in the teton valley with mag attitude a few weeks back. Maybe page back and read.

That would be a great connection.
    Thanks DJ and BB! Unfortunately (well, fortunately for us) we rented it this past weekend so it is no longer available.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    That monoski is Sick! The smiles speak loudly!
    Attachment 437314
    BBears mittens remind me of this, lol!
    Attachment 437315

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Ha! Similar picture and mitt cover-up at the Ghee last year
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JH Crew at Ghee 3-27-22.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	335.1 KB 
ID:	437320

Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    Today featured some sunny, fun powder — amazing texture.

Geez, for a local scene that historically doesn't take too many pics on the fly, this place is killing it so far.

Thanks mags, great shots and a fun start to the season. Hope for more, prepare for less, all's well in the valley.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    A cheap flight to JH and a few days lapping the King sounds brilliant. Bring your fastest skis.

Got dam turns are tits right now.
    I bet the 'ghee is sweeeeet too.

Hey all, sorry to clog up the stoke but looking for some travel advice
    Have a trip planned mid January. I've been to Jackson a few times either by driving my truck or flying and using public transport/friends. However this time I'm looking to do a rental car. I'll be visiting friends on both sides of the pass and want the flexibility of having a car. Looking at the following options

Fly in and out of Bozeman getting a rental car that hopefully has AWD and not crap tires. Visit bridger bowl for the first time.
    Fly in and out of SLC getting a truck from ruggedrentals that will have snow tires and 4wd.

I know those drives can be done in a camry on slicks some days and others require a snowcat, but what sets me up for the best success? Visiting Bridger is a pretty big draw to me but not at the expense of the rest of the trip. Alternatively, is there any reasonable way to rent a car in jackson? Flights are similar priced but rentals are double the above options.

^Might be worth checking out Idaho Falls. It is much closer than BZN or SLC and rental cars will likely be cheaper than Jackson.

The way this winter is going you're sure going to want the peace of mind knowing you have a properly outfitted rental.

If there's a storm system going when you get here I'd take flying into SLC over BZN since 15 is going to be much better maintained, and there are more routes available if there are closures. But best option (other than just flying into Jackson) as kevo says is flying into IF, though sometimes flights are more expensive so you gotta weigh your costs (flight+rental+miles(gas)).

Quote Originally Posted by davjr96 View Post
    Alternatively, is there any reasonable way to rent a car in jackson? Flights are similar priced but rentals are double the above options.
    https://jhadventure.com/jackson-hole...d-suv-rentals/

Try these guys in Jackson. Still not pretty but not sure what you are looking at for regular car rentals here, at least these are static pricing.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Man, I’m really going to be behind the 8 ball this season. Don’t see any skiing in my future until after the new year, maybe I’ll get lucky with a quick afternoon ski sometime before then.

First resort day was great though, nice to meet up with koko in line for first tram of the season. Found some pretty good snow I think.

Name:	Image1670526604.426106.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	437398

Maiden voyage for the spats… They definitely have their niche. Skiing them backseat on the groomed back to the lift was pretty gassing on early season noodle legs, but man they are just amazing for their intended purpose. Almost better in cut up crud than in untracked.

Ran into a guy on 007 who was stoked to see some spats being put to use and said he used to ski for Volant. Could he have been a mag?

By the way, the flying v is good people and would fit right in here for a winter. I’ll do some asking around for you J.

I figured there had to be some mags on the first box of the year I saw on IG, spats, bros, etc early out of the door. Starting to talk about a trip up in Feb.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Anyone skied in the park recently? Wondering how much of a shitshow parking is these days.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Got three boxes at lunch trying to milk lower faces, they mooseweeded me back several times. So nice to walk on that tram! Gossip says thunder will soft open tomorrow 1-3 pm, will try to check out. Not that the zone hasn't been completely shralped though.

Boy Laramie Bowl skiing great right down the gut. North facing skiing well in the lower faces, others have some sun crust as had been mentioned. Rope still up to Hobacks and closed signs near the north woods traverses.

Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    Andrew is headed out in a bit for a night ski. It got too cold for my tastes so I took a pass and will hold down the fort.
    Skiing early Fri though and over the weekend. My free ski days on the 10 day end this sunday
    If ya wanna, let's meet for first laps on some speed skis tomorrow. That shit was racy today. R Bowl was excellent. Tram laps ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Attachment 437297

I just love this place
    We all do.

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    Thanks DJ and BB! Unfortunately (well, fortunately for us) we rented it this past weekend so it is no longer available.
    Dang, bittersweet. The flying-V would be an ideal tenant for you.
    Keep him in mind lest the new folks rotate out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by davjr96 View Post
    Hey all, sorry to clog up the stoke but looking for some travel advice
    Have a trip planned mid January. I've been to Jackson a few times either by driving my truck or flying and using public transport/friends. However this time I'm looking to do a rental car. I'll be visiting friends on both sides of the pass and want the flexibility of having a car. Looking at the following options

Fly in and out of Bozeman getting a rental car that hopefully has AWD and not crap tires. Visit bridger bowl for the first time.
    Fly in and out of SLC getting a truck from ruggedrentals that will have snow tires and 4wd.

I know those drives can be done in a camry on slicks some days and others require a snowcat, but what sets me up for the best success? Visiting Bridger is a pretty big draw to me but not at the expense of the rest of the trip. Alternatively, is there any reasonable way to rent a car in jackson? Flights are similar priced but rentals are double the above options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    ^Might be worth checking out Idaho Falls. It is much closer than BZN or SLC and rental cars will likely be cheaper than Jackson.
    Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    The way this winter is going you're sure going to want the peace of mind knowing you have a properly outfitted rental.

If there's a storm system going when you get here I'd take flying into SLC over BZN since 15 is going to be much better maintained, and there are more routes available if there are closures. But best option (other than just flying into Jackson) as kevo says is flying into IF, though sometimes flights are more expensive so you gotta weigh your costs (flight+rental+miles(gas)).
    Allegiant flies into IF from Oakland or Portland, nearest to NorCal.
    That's about it.
    SLC is great for flights, car rentals better request snow tires or 4/4, awd.
    Flying into jh is ideal, check the jhmr website for flight rebates. Maybe spend that money on a pricy rental car.
    Driving from Boze is not bad in a storm, if you're ok with that. It's just a smaller highway in the boonies, instead of an interstate. They all go, except in an utter blizzard.
    It's as far a drive to Bridger from JH, as it is to SLC.

By the way, the flying v is good people and would fit right in here for a winter. I’ll do some asking around for you J.

Ya, would be good to have him in the fold here.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    I figured there had to be some mags on the first box of the year I saw on IG, spats, bros, etc early out of the door. Starting to talk about a trip up in Feb.
    Come on up!

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Anyone skied in the park recently? Wondering how much of a shitshow parking is these days.

The valley has been damn quiet so far. I haven't been into the park lately but I'd think it'd be light traffic unless a sunny saturday pops up.

UaN, got any intel from up north?

Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    Thank you!

Name:	Image1670526604.426106.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	437398

Maiden voyage for the spats… They definitely have their niche. Skiing them backseat on the groomed back to the lift was pretty gassing on early season noodle legs, but man they are just amazing for their intended purpose. Almost better in cut up crud than in untracked.
    Sick!

Those Spats SLAY in cut-up snow. A large part of that is how heavy they are (2,760g/ski), and part is the shape. I still remember hitting my first cat track on my first day on those.... and having my skis head opposite directions!!

Leaning waaaaaay back is right!

Yes. No one has been there lately, but that could change in a few days... or not. You may be setting skin tracks!

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    UaN, got any intel from up north?
    Yes.. great conditions, long walks, lots of untracked snow (and trail breaking)!

I'll be there the next few days most likely.

Today was silllllllllky!

Name:	041A2543.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	488.0 KB 
ID:	437432Click image for larger version. 

Name:	041A2602.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	508.1 KB 
ID:	437431

Fkna stoked for the village crew

When was the last time it was this good this early?

I’m thinking over 20 years?

Love the stoke!!

Glad you all noticed and appreciated the mitten bird. More low key, but the intent is all there

Quote Originally Posted by larilinesign View Post
    So flights are super cheap this winter... what's up with snow king? Worth a trip out there? Skied Jackson Hole a few times so wouldn't be that sad to miss it
    Have you skied at Targhee? if not you should plan more around that- it is awesome and a bit more low key than JH.

Snow King is great little mountain. If it were in a lot of other locations (vs so close to JH and Targhee) it would be a regional destination but I think you should look at a vaca based more around the Ghee before a trip based around SK.
    That said I get a season pass to snow king almost every year because it's awesome (steepest ski area in the US). It also doesn't open until 10am and they also allow people to skin up so you can get leisurely powderoy frequently.
    The steepness is fun but it is really intersected by cat tracks so it's hard to get into a good continuous flow sometimes. At least compared to what we are used to in this region.
    It has night skiing too so another point in it's favor
    It would be fun for a day or evening integrated with other resorts.
    skid luxury

Yes. No one has been there lately, but that could change in a few days... or not. You may be setting skin tracks!
    Fingers crossed, I love breaking trail. My kid is coming up this weekend and he’s never skied in the park.

Fingers crossed, I love breaking trail. My kid is coming up this weekend and he’s never skied in the park.
    My assessment is things are still touchy. I'ms king the Park but treading lightly atm.

I need to clarify…I love Snow King for what it is, it can indeed rock the house on a good day (or evening!)
    But I wouldn’t come out here for just that. I can definitely see avoiding JHMR for…reasons…but a day at Targhee and/or the Pass would be almost mandatory if I were from far away.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

My assessment is things are still touchy. I'ms king the Park but treading lightly atm.
    For sure. Looks like some wind is coming with the new snow, so plans may change based on my comfort level.

Starting to pile up a bit out here. Sublette blown down right now. Rawlins bowl ftw.

^^^ so few words but says so much. Fook yeah, I’m feeling the stoke.

Keep it coming… This thread wins stoke machine of the year.

Am currently in Victor for my girl's job, we flew in last night. I should have a day or two available MTW next week and would be stoked if any of you fine folks are up for some touring or resort laps.

The pass was so so nice this afternoon, that alone was worth the trip.

Name:	IMG_2498.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	416.5 KB 
ID:	437597

Name:	IMG_2499.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	423.0 KB 
ID:	437598

Quote Originally Posted by larilinesign View Post
    So flights are super cheap this winter... what's up with snow king? Worth a trip out there? Skied Jackson Hole a few times so wouldn't be that sad to miss it

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    I grew up skiing Snow King I would agree with BBear’s suggestions. Here’s one other thing to consider. If you’re skiing SK in mid January you won’t be seeing the sun much while you’re on the slopes. That sucker can be an icebox that time of the year. I suppose the new gondola will help negate the freezing effect somewhat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk