Page 69 of 97 FirstFirst ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 2417
    That looks fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Haven't heard from lindenle for days, Dark side must be good.
    Wstdeep skied by...

Anyone else get one of the sausage handouts on the Granite exit last Saturday?

One of the homeowners had hired someone to prep 100+ sausage sandos noon until they ran out. My group got 3 of the last 5 they had.

My guess is one of the homeowners was doing it for a bit of positive PR — imagine that negative sentiment for homeowners in that zone has increased in recent years.

They seemed like nice people & it made for a great pick-me-up between Granite laps.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    That looks fabulous!
    Thank you! Not gonna lie — was pretty great, skiing mid-winter pow on March 28th. That said, we have been spoiled with a TON of amazing days, so 6-10" of fresh on a soft base doesn't register as incredible. Very spoiled, indeed.

you guys would laugh..sounds like Snowbird took a page out of your book and serves waffles up at the tram top now/ I haven't bothered to go in there and check in person but, overheard people chatting about it at tram base while enjoying some sun and a PBR

yea the skiing didnt suck either .Hail Ullr

still lower the bar...
    the village has the highest rate of people wearing backpacks at any place I've skied. As in it's part of the official 'uniform' to ski there and past the point of function for going ob.

the lowered bar is nice when you keep your pack on your back on the chair, feels much more safe!

Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    Anyone else get one of the sausage handouts on the Granite exit last Saturday?

One of the homeowners had hired someone to prep 100+ sausage sandos noon until they ran out. My group got 3 of the last 5 they had.
    Dang I bailed on a granite lap on sat because I was freezing from overheating and sweating on a 4 pines lap. Had I known!

JACKSON 2022/23 {Tetons, Snakes, Gros Ventre, Winds, Wyoming Range, etc.)

I know that Julbo touts how quick it changes and is way less affected by cold. I have the Reactiv 1-3 btw. Very happy.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

It's walk on tram season again.

Jackson uniquities: still ski in sunglasses, still ski in hats, still lower the bar...
    Nice. This time of year was Wall of Voodoo season. Sit in the sun, smoke a fatty and wait for some corn...in my hat and sunglasses...long before all this AT stuff. Of course, the Euros had randonee, but us yanks weren't buying in...Tele bro

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    This thread is delivering!
    This is the regional thread I browse because of the killer updates, and photos from UAN.
    Deepest day ever at Targhee, best ever tree lines... life is good.

Thanks for keeping the stoke going.

UAN, have you or do you mind sharing any camera setup details? What kind of shutter speed and aperture are you typically shooting? The exposure / dynamic range are almost always good and your subjects are right in focus. I'm a fellow hobbyist but have not attempted any ski images so I ask out of curiosity.

I know what you mean. My body wanted to rest but I overrode that. You did a ton of work trail breaking!!

Thanks! Orange, but still works. He wanted to put a black jacket over the orange, and I was like "noooo!" Hah.

I haven't used photochromic in winter in years, but there used to be an issue where they didn't respond quickly in cold temps and often couldn't get dark enough. I read that Smith had something new in that domain — has that changed?

I wear shield sunglasses so they're pretty much fine if it's sunny.

Thanks for the compliment!

I definitely lower the bar (in many areas! ba-dum-bump) — and also a this is the biggest use case of a helmet for me... getting clocked when someone lowers the bar without checking first.

Hah!

Definitely warmer than yesterday hiking in the today's sun, but air temps were still cold and there was wintry untracked snow.

Attachment 453591

Attachment 453590
    Absolutely fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by m5d5cb View Post
    This is the regional thread I browse because of the killer updates, and photos from UAN.
    Deepest day ever at Targhee, best ever tree lines... life is good.

Thanks for keeping the stoke going.
    I appreciate the personal complement — the truth is that MANY here do a great job of posting stoke (whether that is pictures or words) and keeping things positive, motivating. That's what makes this thread awesome — the community effort. I don't know that I deserve to be singled out.

Quote Originally Posted by m5d5cb
    UAN, have you or do you mind sharing any camera setup details? What kind of shutter speed and aperture are you typically shooting? The exposure / dynamic range are almost always good and your subjects are right in focus. I'm a fellow hobbyist but have not attempted any ski images so I ask out of curiosity.
    "ALMOST always good"??? WTF??

(You're right, though — definitely do not always nail it, and some are better than others.)

I'm not gonna pollute this thread with tech details, but I've routinely got a minimum of 6+ pounds of camera gear with me (body + lens... I just weighed the setup from the other day). YA need to shoot fast enough to stop the action (<=1/1600th). I usually shoot wide open if I can (f/2.8 on the images you were commenting on), low ISO. Gotta nail focus, and it helps to get the exposure correct in camera (not so easy with snow/varying brightness); auto exposure will never be correct in snow, but white balance can be fixed after the fact.

It's all a learning process; I've been doing this a while and learn every time I go out. My advice is to shoot lots (every day) and review quickly so you can absorb the lesson & iterate. Good light makes for amazing pictures, but I've learned the most (and made some personally interesting shots) on bad light days.

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    Absolutely fantastic!
    Thank you!

Made this little video today. A friend texted me the other day that a video I posted on IG inspired him to get out and take a lap, which I loved. I've had trouble some days motivating, so to lift someone else up is REALLY COOL for me.

Unless it's a really rad skier or incredible line (i.e., NOT me), video content doesn't hold my attention for long, so I kept it short. Just a little (lame?) pow segment from today:
    Last edited by upallnight; 03-30-2023 at 02:22 AM.

^^^ fun video game theme

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Aggressive in my own mind

I appreciate the personal complement — the truth is that MANY here do a great job of posting stoke (whether that is pictures or words) and keeping things positive, motivating. That's what makes this thread awesome — the community effort. I don't know that I deserve to be singled out.

YA need to shoot fast enough to stop the action (<=1/1600th). I usually shoot wide open if I can (f/2.8 on the images you were commenting on), low ISO.
    Maybe I meant killer updates from all, as well as photos from UAN.

Ok, so top shelf gear, maybe a 70-200 2.8, high shutter speed, etc. Along the lines of what I expected and a few more details.

Made this little video today. ...
    Just a little (lame?) pow segment from today:
    Small world... I saw that on IG early this morning as a repost (don't recall where) and thought it was a short, clever edit.
    Minus points for old tracks.
    Nice one!

Quote Originally Posted by hoarhey View Post
    ^^^ fun video game theme

Thanks for watching! Maybe too cliché but, well, at least the conditions were good.

Maybe I meant killer updates from all, as well as photos from UAN.

Ok, so top shelf gear, maybe a 70-200 2.8, high shutter speed, etc. Along the lines of what I expected and a few more details.
    To be clear, I think one can make AMAZING images from a variety of gear — especially with what is available these days. The best gear is what you carry with you, and for most people they are not going to take 6+ pounds of camera with them.

The phones we carry often have pretty good cameras — in good light. What a dedicated camera does, though, (a) gives you manual control for those situations when you need to override automatic settings (skiing + snowy scenes require that almost always, and (b) they let in more light (larger sensor), which means better shots, more detail, more subject separation, etc.

There are lots of ways to fu¢|< up shots with a big/expensive camera — I've messed up in every way imaginable.

A camera like the Sony RX100 VII is definitely not cheap. However, it takes amazing shots, allows for manual control, and fits easily in a pocket.

/end of camera discussion in Tetons thread.

Small world... I saw that on IG early this morning as a repost (don't recall where) and thought it was a short, clever edit.
    Minus points for old tracks.
    Nice one!
    Did it get reposted? Hah... amazing.

Glad you liked it. I did put effort into it.

And, yes, can't be a 10 out of 10 run if I even *see* old tracks.

"ALMOST always good"??? WTF??

(You're right, though — definitely do not always nail it, and some are better than others.)

I'm not gonna pollute this thread with tech details, but I've routinely got a minimum of 6+ pounds of camera gear with me (body + lens... I just weighed the setup from the other day). YA need to shoot fast enough to stop the action (<=1/1600th). I usually shoot wide open if I can (f/2.8 on the images you were commenting on), low ISO. Gotta nail focus, and it helps to get the exposure correct in camera (not so easy with snow/varying brightness); auto exposure will never be correct in snow, but white balance can be fixed after the fact.

It's all a learning process; I've been doing this a while and learn every time I go out. My advice is to shoot lots (every day) and review quickly so you can absorb the lesson & iterate. Good light makes for amazing pictures, but I've learned the most (and made some personally interesting shots) on bad light days.

Thank you!

Made this little video today. A friend texted me the other day that a video I posted on IG inspired him to get out and take a lap, which I loved. I've had trouble some days motivating, so to lift someone else up is REALLY COOL for me.

Unless it's a really rad skier or incredible line (i.e., NOT me), video content doesn't hold my attention for long, so I kept it short. Just a little (lame?) pow segment from today:
    Well done and my ADD appreciated the short and sweet!

Teton trickle increasing a bit. Softening surface conditions at the vill. Great to be here and in the words of a late, great chicago radio DJ “Lin Brehmer,”

it’s great to be alive!

Nice and soft late afternoon at the Ghee today. S facing stuff that was a bit crusty yesterday was floaty by end of day. Fingers crossed for the trickle!

Dreamy turns on south side of the pass. Got in a few very nice laps. We had a Moran camp trip planned this weekend, but Ullr decided pow skiing was on the menu instead. Order up!

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    Well done and my ADD appreciated the short and sweet!
    Thank you. Ruthless self-editing is the key to many things in life.

Quote Originally Posted by ben10hodges View Post
    Dreamy turns on south side of the pass. Got in a few very nice laps. We had a Moran camp trip planned this weekend, but Ullr decided pow skiing was on the menu instead. Order up!
    This is the kind of Fx where I could see myself wandering in circles around the lake all weekend just trying to get across!

Maybe we should take a lap somewhere...

It's pretty quiet in here lately so I'm deliberately violating the above statement. Here's a bit longer one from today... (& because I've been doing the solo-skiing-as-therapy thing.)

Face shotz & tree bombz:

Face shotz & tree bombz:
    IMO, aggressive alpine skiing is always welcome here.

Good stuff out there today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_E7387 (1).jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	453960   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_E7385.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	453961  

Quote Originally Posted by stevied View Post
    IMO, aggressive alpine skiing is always welcome here.
    Hopefully you mean the song and my the turns. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post
    Good stuff out there today.
    Love that view before you drop on in your 1st shot. Looks like you had a tasty day.

69 seconds I don't feel wasted.
    Love the videos. Thanks for sharing.
    More please.

Snow king is done for the season? Thx.

Yes, closed. They always close early after the snowmobile hill climb event but there's still plenty of snow and they allow skiers to continue to skin and ski it
    skid luxury

Such a fun day at the vill!

All time conditions on the pass. So quiet on the south side. We saw other two skiers on a one and done down Avy Bowl and that was it.

Gotta work tomorrow but thank goodness for the time change. I’ll be back for more tomorrow afternoon.