Page 38 of 97 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
    Had the best day standing in as a freeride coach

https://youtube.com/shorts/Wf-9jG8wmyY?feature=share

https://youtube.com/shorts/aFXrQYzeRQw?feature=share

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Snapt

Lots of kid skiing going on
    But let me know
    Forgot u talked about moving in the area code

Text 709 24230

Work is weird but I can make medicine and figure it out

Yeah TeleHacker, my bad, where was my head?

Been in a vortex of delirium for a coupla days ovah heah.
    Get us some pics of the Rock and you mags ripping around. Show us the Gem.

Snapt - laps between diaper rounds, that's hilarious.

NBA$$1 - tough start dealing with all that before most peeps have cracked an eyelid. You're mountain lifing it fosho down Hoback way. I love it. Stay here on the futon for the big storms if'n ya need to.

Moran face/woods and I have a long history. It's a smoky affair.
    Stoked yer getting some solid play time now.
    And that you mags are connecting and making turns. It's great to have peeps who kinda know where to go banging around together.
    Like a car full of goons in some Kubrick flick.

Koko - Fuckin awesome dude, so fun, yes? Kids and deep pow.

That's us.

Thommy - holla fo laps, too brief last time.

UaN - it was great to get back in the groove and catch up. swing by sooner and more often.
    Sick pics. Todays snow, conditions and skiing was really too easy to underrate. It was an A+ day if ya didn't get stuck. And even that, in retrospect, was a tough reminder of how much snow was just laying around.
    The Tetons just got a quilt.
    No, a comforter.
    Maybe a double puffy down duvet.

JACKSON 2022/23 {Tetons, Snakes, Gros Ventre, Winds, Wyoming Range, etc.)

Ha Koko! I got the call this morning also. But I have to say I was waiting for the call out from DJ, (I did get shit from other non mags), when I was skipping lines. That was some good fun skipping some old buddies in the schoolers line early. Felt guilty but the heckles were worth it even if the skiing wasn’t as good as it was!

The first two hours of that were magical. I get that nod about 2x per year and usually regret saying “yes” but not today.
    Really fine day at the village. For me I feel like it’s been a good 2+ years since I had a real memorable day riding the lifts. Saw many old friends with perma-grins. I had a thunder discussion with a couple I’ve skied with for decades today about how this resort and the Tetons keep folks young. Age and injuries may slow things here and there but the ability to keep skiing at a high level as we creep up there is pretty fucking cool. Hell, my kids think I’m old geezer except when we ski together. And,I have pretty much tweaked every body part.

UAN - great shots as usual. As I’ve said…I check in here to see your pics and occasionally a familiar face behind the goggles.
    Last edited by schwerty; 01-28-2023 at 10:41 PM.

I made a few laps with my cousin and her husband today. I don’t have the skills or the patience to compete with UAN when it comes to the awesome pictures that he posts on here. I did shoot a little GoPro footage of the action today.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cn_IWRR...d=YWJhMjlhZTc=

Not sure if that link will work but I’ll give it a try. I may try to make an early tram in the morning.

Is anyone planning on the usual 11am meet up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha Schwerty I don't get the red coat yet, have to find the pow the honest way. Ha ha. I pulled almost all levers I know how today, and it mostly worked but dang sometimes the line just gets you. might have to figure out how to go darkside. Actually feels kinda strange to pay someone else to not really teach my kid when he's so fun to ski with. Having a think about that for next year

Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

And yo Eagle, I love the charging. Also the twig busting going on in that vid. You clearly need to smash the powder pillows dang the cost

Eagle charging the willows making Moose turns. Coupla wheelies in there.

It was awkward snow with the speed changes and tip dive/float program.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I forgot to mention my Bruce Springskiin sighting yesterday. Hadn't seen him on the hill since pre covid and once this spring talkin Motos in the driveway.
    Reaaaally good to see you mag.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About 4-6 new overnight and extra light mid mountain. Gonna be a fun, easy skiing, slasher day methinks.

Superman snow, I says.

High pressure pushing in today. That sun brings with it some cold tonight. Stoke the fire!

DJ will do. No big crew with me this time around.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6879.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	445134Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6874.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	121.4 KB 
ID:	445135

Finally made it through the i80 corridor. Bummed to have missed the big village days as the detour to steamboat was a consolation prize at best.

Got out on the pass bright and early today. Absolutely stellar skiing. Lots of chill folk and big smiles. Thanks to the badasses that set these skin tracks early…. Fucking trench town out there! One of those go till your legs can’t take anymore kind of days. Some of the deepest snow the Mrs has ever ridden. A couple cell phone pictures is all I got. Maybe a cold lap early tomorrow, then heading back south to work. Tetons deliver again!

Anyone want to get a glory lap in tomorrow morning? I have a feeling I’ll be rolling solo with the forecasted temps.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^^^^

Outstanding turns, Outstanding snow.

Took a minute to notice the skier, whilst admiring the rest.

Peeps are serious about their pathways in the Tetons. No kooks in front.

Way to power through 80 and the 'boat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    UaN - the 'blown' photo is the 'Blower' photo.

My fave.
    Others are just stellar too tho.

Peeps need to see a real definition of: blower, white room, face shots, waistdeep, overhead, trenchtown.
    No fuckin' posers.

And yeah, that trailbreaking was a gotdam workout for the ages.
    Last edited by Djongo Unchained; 01-29-2023 at 07:51 PM.

A lot of this the last few days, but so so worth it.

Name:	20230128_111934.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	445142

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I chose to slow roll it and just start moving. In line a few clicks before 6, 7 woulda gotten ya on first car. EastorBust was like #90 on my tram car . What time did you kooks arrive?
    Heh, making that box was an act of god.

E and I were on our shit. Up around 5am making breakfast/coffee/tea. We told her friends who were staying at Fireside in their class C to meet us at Stilson at 6:30 sharp. Long story short they ended up getting stuck in their spot so we told them to meet at the ranch lot. I don't think we got in line till like 7:15-20.

What an unreal day. We only got 5 laps but all were quality. All I got was a rushed 5sec clip.

Also had the stellar idea of putting her on some of my 185cm pow boards, I think her daily drivers are 168cm. Ha, she rocked em pretty good!

Name:	Image1675046577.839447.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	535.0 KB 
ID:	445147

Name:	Image1675046587.763463.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	559.7 KB 
ID:	445148

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Heh, making that box was an act of god.

E and I were on our shit. Up around 5am making breakfast/coffee/tea. We told her friends who were staying at Fireside in their class C to meet us at Stilson at 6:30 sharp. Long story short they ended up getting stuck in their spot so we told them to meet at the ranch lot. I don't think we got in line till like 7:15-20.

What an unreal day. We only got 5 laps but all were quality. All I got was a rushed 5sec clip.

Also had the stellar idea of putting her on some of my 185cm pow boards, I think her daily drivers are 168cm. Ha, she rocked em pretty good!

Name:	Image1675046577.839447.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	535.0 KB 
ID:	445147

Hilarious, nice try. Only so much you can do with rooks in tow.

Stoked you got some goods with the special lady friend. You've been patiently waiting for yours, get some.
    Good shots, see her little smile in there.
    In the 2nd pic those skis look like 223's with a 144 underfoot.
    She's a solid skier.

Kudos to you all that made the box.
    Looks like the payoff was worth it.
    A cold one for sure.
    Rolled in with my buddy and Stevied, bypassing
    the tram line and hooking up with gforce for
    a few chair laps before we all headed for the tram.
    4pines skied nicely, so it was back up for another
    lap.

Another day, more fun on the mountain. I was on the second box this morning so I may have missed some of you. I found some nice skiing in Expert Chutes. And I made a couple of laps up the Headwall to ski Coombs. I would have only done one, but on the first trip I hopped off of a 3 foot cornice right at the top and promptly did a double eject head dive. I had to redeem myself, so that was the reason for the second lap… well the skiing was also worth it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoBtERot...d=YWJhMjlhZTc=

The pictures in the post are to remind my Boise area friends what winter really looks like.

Ski ya next time. I’m hoping to get a few more days in February and then wrap it up in late March.

Edit: I could ski tomorrow morning, but the misery factor seems kinda high so I’m heading back to a warmer climate.

From NOAA:
    Monday
    Sunny and cold, with a high near 8. Wind chill values as low as -40. North wind 5 to 9 mph becoming light and variable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by eagleskier; 01-29-2023 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    Great pics UAN and happy for you guys!!!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Jfc UAN.

Number two and four are insane.
    Amazing pics.

They’ll never get published.
    Too much snow not enough skier. Lol. Holeeeee foook

PS. Maybe number four. That could be a cover shot.
    So many “deep pow” photos are mid turn slash in knee to waist.

Number four is full on white room. Wow.
    I would buy a print of that.
    PPS. Number four looks like the same pic you posted earlier. But square. You need the wide format for the trees and landscape. It really is amazing.
    Thanks CS! i had many frames from that sequence—cropped one tight which I liked and had another of the full scenery.

They look sooo much better on my large monitor (or in print). I feel a little sad when I have to put them online in low rez due to the constraints of this forum and instagram…. on a non-mobile device they appear larger but the reduced resolution constrains the image quality.

They’re really vibrant and detailed in person!

Also…. You’re right. These aren’t slash-and-burn/one-and-done turns.

I do sell some prints

I appreciate the kind words and support.

UaN - it was great to get back in the groove and catch up. swing by sooner and more often.
    Sick pics. Todays snow, conditions and skiing was really too easy to underrate. It was an A+ day if ya didn't get stuck. And even that, in retrospect, was a tough reminder of how much snow was just laying around.
    The Tetons just got a quilt.
    No, a comforter.
    Maybe a double puffy down duvet.
    Great seeing you (as always)!! Never enough time. that blue wax came in handy!

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post

UAN - great shots as usual. As I’ve said…I check in here to see your pics and occasionally a familiar face behind the goggles.
    Glad to capture some memories of the day that people can relate to!

Quote Originally Posted by jpcm View Post
    Got out on the pass bright and early today. Absolutely stellar skiing. Lots of chill folk and big smiles. Thanks to the badasses that set these skin tracks early…. Fucking trench town out there! One of those go till your legs can’t take anymore kind of days. Some of the deepest snow the Mrs has ever ridden. A couple cell phone pictures is all I got. Maybe a cold lap early tomorrow, then heading back south to work. Tetons deliver again!

Anyone want to get a glory lap in tomorrow morning? I have a feeling I’ll be rolling solo with the forecasted temps.
    Easy to choose too shallow a pitch to make any turns! Trail-breaking has been a good workout for the hip flexors!

Glad you enjoyed great conditions!

^^^^

UaN - the 'blown' photo is the 'Blower' photo.

My fave.
    Others are just stellar too tho.

Peeps need to see a real definition of: blower, white room, face shots, waistdeep, overhead, trenchtown.
    No fuckin' posers.

And yeah, that trailbreaking was a gotdam workout for the ages.
    Thanks DJ!

Initially I was thinking I’d capture a photo with the skier partly visible and the couloir across the way as a backdrop, but the minute he dropped into the line he fully disappeared…. So we’ve got just the snow ghost. So it goes!

What a run/day!

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post

Love the smile!!

One from today:

Name:	28762B98-9B63-4753-856E-0E5D940FFC4A.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	605.2 KB 
ID:	445165

The frames after it were basically me and my lens getting plastered in snow.

Been dealing with a power outage all evening & internet down. Even internet over cellular has been barely a trickle.

Good thing I still have my -20 ‘bag.

Some blurry pics from targhee on Saturday. Definitely some of the deepest resort pow I’ve skied in a few years and by far the deepest snow my wife has ever skied. Great day
    Name:  IMG_0773 Copy.JPG
Views: 614
Size:  112.0 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0774 Copy.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	256.6 KB 
ID:	445169

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Summit wind chill at 5 am: -45*

Ggggggit sum.

JFC, those poor bastards fixing/reinstalling the new transformer in E. Jackson last night.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Just got back from a trip to the Chic-Choc Mountains of Quebec. Bucket list event. Peruvian posted a great mini-TR on the East Coast thread. Some good pics (nothing UaN-worthy, but that's a high bar!). See post #1309 0n the linked page...
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-Finish/page53

Bluebird quality snow day at the rock restored my love for skiing. Paying for it today but it was worth it. This place is pretty neat.

Cold this morning. Slept in. Was going
    to go out at noon but …

Name:	3EBD72AA-2F4C-4766-84BA-81B08345B0C5.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	445251

still a little nippy out there.

Staying in, going to edit some video.
    Hope to dump some photos later.

My car said it was -27 this morning when I left at 7am. I was not sad to not be skiing.