Page 66 of 97 FirstFirst ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 2417
    I know you don't know me from squat. But we are about to tear up Grand Targhee all next week. if anyone sees a purple jacketed, baggy black pants wearing, short guy; with skis to long and wide for him and blue dalbellos... Ask for change. I usually have it for a nickel. Always up for a laugh.

Thanks everyone. I‘ll probably just look at the prices when they‘re out in April and decide. Or hope Monday to Friday will not sell out. 10 day pass could work, but may try and be in JH longer who knows. Keep skiing all that good snow!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I must be the thread disaster reporter: Yesterdays Mini Gothic guy turned out to be an out of stater (C0) who supposedly goes around and posts geo-tracking info online on what he skis. Turned out he had a broken not dislocated hip. That would suck.

More suckage today...broken femur mid day on Four Pines. Short haul evac. by TSAR

Editing in additional info: I don't know tons about it the site "snow brains" but pulled it up and it was reported on their site that they had received "reports" the skier was "a colleague" of snow brains...I have heard people complain about the reporting of locations on it so it may fit. That said wouldn't you know if your own person from the site had gotten hurt ?

On another note the Skiing was quite fine today...good snow was found.

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    It's a fun game . And it pays off when you get the experience to be really good at it. Arizona BC has definitely thought me a lot on sniffing out the best and safest snow to go play on.

The skier in your last batch is really good at putting it together with your photography talent. The images are obviously complimentary of you both. That sort of chemistry will help you get your work out there if that's something you're trying for.
    Kind of you to say. I'm not really trying to make it as a ski photographer. I've managed to get published and sell some work; thankfully it's not the only way I can make money as that would be a really hard route (respect for those who can/have made it).

I mostly want to document my friends having fun in the mountains — and that usually means shooting amateur skiers/making the best of situations. I shoot on the run and prioritize skiing first. Sometimes I ski with someone who is a bit more adept at making our vision happen. Still — we shoot very quickly with minimal interruption to the flow.

Skied with a coupla old friends today. One of them, who has skied in the valley for 40 years, said one of our runs was "the best tree run he has skied in his entire life." That felt good — I put pressure on myself to find good terrain & snow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	041A0284.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	452945Click image for larger version. 

Name:	041A0707.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.99 MB 
ID:	452946Click image for larger version. 

Name:	041A0039.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	452947Click image for larger version. 

Name:	041A0500.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	452948Click image for larger version. 

Name:	041A0596.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	452949Click image for larger version. 

Name:	041A0163.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	452944

Your pics are awesome! And they make me jealous af!

If Miller says it's good, it's good.

Went to the Ski Patrol rookie party at the Elks Lodge tonight, so fun.

But I'm old and need to rest up for skiing again tomorrow.

Will it ever stop?
    The market is dominated by fat skis largely because young toughs want what they see in videos: organ donors hucking into heliski bowls. -Seth Masia

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Your pics are awesome! And they make me jealous af!
    Thanks. Hopefully they make you more stoked than jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGaper View Post

Went to the Ski Patrol rookie party at the Elks Lodge tonight, so fun.

But I'm old and need to rest up for skiing again tomorrow.

Will it ever stop?
    Yes... but maybe not until April?

Name:	Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 9.11.59 PM.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	131.6 KB 
ID:	452968

(That's for town, not elevation. )

Will we hit 600 before the lifts stop spinning? We're 61" away as of 9pm tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post
    I must be the thread disaster reporter: Yesterdays Mini Gothic guy turned out to be an out of stater (C0) who supposedly goes around and posts geo-tracking info online on what he skis. Turned out he had a broken not dislocated hip. That would suck.

More suckage today...broken femur mid day on Four Pines. Short haul evac. by TSAR

Editing in additional info: I don't know tons about it the site "snow brains" but pulled it up and it was reported on their site that they had received "reports" the skier was "a colleague" of snow brains...I have heard people complain about the reporting of locations on it so it may fit. That said wouldn't you know if your own person from the site had gotten hurt ?

On another note the Skiing was quite fine today...good snow was found.
    Can confirm, pretty all time, walk on lifts / tram - ton of fresh to be had, probably top 3 days Ive ever had in JMHR. Had a little FOMO being from UT, but heard it was a bit of a mess and happy to be here for sure.

On the Snowbrains front, alot of local vitriol in UT towards Miles and his gang (I have none) but they are known for a lot of beta spray and making roadside lines seem like they skied K2, I think they even got booted on off the UT BC ski facebook group for pissing folks off with their trip reports and spew. Regardless hope for a speedy recovery for the dude.

@upallnight, really awesome pics, capturing some memories there! The last one there with the dude in the sunglasses and red jacket is what this sport is all about!
    You took too much man, too much, too much

JACKSON 2022/23 {Tetons, Snakes, Gros Ventre, Winds, Wyoming Range, etc.)

Dropping my buddy off for first box this morning, and then having to go to work, was definitely the toughest thing I’ve had to do so far this year. Major FOMO

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Dropping my buddy off for first box this morning, and then having to go to work, was definitely the toughest thing I’ve had to do so far this year. Major FOMO
    We always assume things would have been amazing/gone our way when we miss out. What if by not skiing today you missed, somehow, breaking your femur?

Sounds like you did a cool thing for your buddy and lived to ski another day. Life is long — I hope you have TONS more powder days ahead.

Mag meet up at Casper fireside at 11 tomorrow.
    Turning and burning is the theme.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Roc View Post

@upallnight, really awesome pics, capturing some memories there! The last one there with the dude in the sunglasses and red jacket is what this sport is all about!
    Thank you. My friend said we all look old. I told her: "We are!"

Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    Little hard to see out there today:

Attachment 452818

Attachment 452819

Attachment 452820
    Damn dude, these are sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    Damn dude, these are sweet.
    Thank you, swimmy! I appreciate your eye and YOUR imagery. (Swimmy posts frequently in the Montana thread (link to last/most recent post), for those who don't know; check out his work!)

We are in the flow.

I'm a little biased, but I like still images that have a sense of motion. I think this one shows how light the snow was — looong powder cloud.

Name:	041A0829.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	2.39 MB 
ID:	453035

The swirling snow in the one does something for me, too:

Name:	041A0756.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	2.28 MB 
ID:	453036

Such a fun day at the village. Met up at Casper at 11 and rode a few fun laps with Django eagle and Charlesj. The two inches forecasted skied a lot deeper and for some strange reason tram was close to walk on all day. A little crunchy underneath lower but quite soft up top. My first day taking the tram where it was blowing under 30 mph 😀

Met up with slc mag drock for a few tram laps to close it out. Le tits now!

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Mag meet up at Casper fireside at 11 tomorrow.
    Turning and burning is the theme.
    Well as DJ said, “that didn’t suck”! We got a couple of laps in RS and the turns were pretty sweet. I had the GoPro rolling most of the time and I captured a few stills that show some of the action.

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    The two inches forecasted skied a lot deeper and for some strange reason tram was close to walk on all day.
    The local kids are off for spring break all next week so a lot of the locals have started to or have left town already.
    All the Saturday kids programs are done too so things in general get way quieter around these couple weeks every year.
    We’ll be out tomorrow afternoon in case anyone wants to rendezvous for laps
    skid luxury

Anyone know if vouchers can be used online for day tickets, or does one have to go to a window?

If there is a place online I can't seem to find it. I'd love to have it locked down before making the trek out there — on the odd chance something goes wrong.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGaper View Post
    Showed him a great day but he wasn't the friend who made the "this is the best tree run I've ever skied" comment. I introduced two long-time friends who have both moved here >40 years ago and had never met until yesterday. The line is very, very good.

UaN - I was out there today and helped a mag get his ticket and it was just walk up and get it. Damn near forced a half price ticket on us.

And yeah, just hand it to them and get yer ticky.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Had a real good time hosting CharlesJ on his proskibum tour for a couple. Spent yesterday lapping the King which was really good and then today at the village, another really soft and snowy day.
    Tried to not beat him up too much but had a full day of stellar cowpow early and choice pow outside later on with Nba$$$1 and Eagleskier...Sweet laps fellas, always good to ski ya.
    Way to hang tough Charles, it was fun.
    Had a quick fly by from D-Roc at 11. Good to meet ya and hope to ski ya before ya roll out.

UAN, there is a way to do the buddy passes online, did it this year. The passholder has to login and put the person in their list of people and then can assign it. Then it gives one of those phone codes to the recipient that works for a ticket at the machine or window. Though walking up works just as well when reservations are not at a premium

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    UAN, there is a way to do the buddy passes online, did it this year. The passholder has to login and put the person in their list of people and then can assign it. Then it gives one of those phone codes to the recipient that works for a ticket at the machine or window. Though walking up works just as well when reservations are not at a premium

Thanks!

So, I have a 10-digit code already (full comp if relevant).

Does that mean I can go to the window (or machine) and get what I need? I have a J-card/am in the JHMR system; I don't think the pass was assigned to me by the person who gave it to me.

Will that cause a problem? Is my friend going to have to be present when I show up? That's not going to happen.

Wanted to ski JH for about…half a century. Better later than never. Thanks Djongo! You can be sure I will return when healed up

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Aaaaaaaand the 'Ghee will not suck today.

jus sayin'.

22" @ < 6% in 24.

OTH Blower.

UAN, sorry I'm at the limits of my knowledge there. I poked around on the site today and couldn't figure out. Hope it worked/works for you

Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.