Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 1005
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Driggs
    Posts
    506
    What's the consensus on the new avy report format?

    I dig the clean new look but I really miss the "Current Conditions (Mountain Weather last 24 Hours) block. I really appreciated getting the basics stats for all the plots I care about at a glance, it really made it easy to get a handle on trends before I read the forecast, instead of having to go look at each of those pages individually. And it seems like a bunch of links to pages on the BTAC site (including to individual plots) are broken and lead back to the home page?

    I know, I know, nit-picking a free service. I really appreciate everything the BTAC does, but man, reading that report has been the most consistent thing in my morning routine for the last eight years, and it's a little jarring when it changes in a way that gives me less info, not more.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Wilson, Wyo.
    Posts
    4,432
    Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    I dig the clean new look but I really miss the "Current Conditions (Mountain Weather last 24 Hours) block.
    Is this what you're looking for?

    Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    I know, I know, nit-picking a free service. I really appreciate everything the BTAC does, but man, reading that report has been the most consistent thing in my morning routine for the last eight years, and it's a little jarring when it changes in a way that gives me less info, not more.
    It's a small group of people. Your comments/suggestions *will* reach someone.

    Also, I know you know this, but the service isn't really free. For as often as we use it (many of us are daily users, like you) it's worth making a contribution. {Full disclosure, I'm a donor.}

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    94
    Targhee will be closed to uphill traffic this Friday 11/11 while we do the first round of control work. Uphill access will open back up for the weekend and then close on Monday the 14th until the season starts. All things subject to change

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Driggs
    Posts
    506
    Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    Is this what you're looking for?



    It's a small group of people. Your comments/suggestions *will* reach someone.

    Also, I know you know this, but the service isn't really free. For as often as we use it (many of us are daily users, like you) it's worth making a contribution. {Full disclosure, I'm a donor.}
    Sure is! Thought I was good at computers, but somehow couldn't find that page! Thank you!

    That's sorta why I shot them a note and posted in this thread. I'm very ready to be told why that block shouldn't be in the morning email, and why I shouldn't miss it, but until then, I figured I might as well be the squeaky wheel, just in case it was accidentally overlooked or something.

    Maybe I'm just using the avy forecast irresponsibly and am not doing my due-diligence, but that little block that tells me the inches of snow and SWE, along with average wind speed and direction on the Pass, at the Village, and at the Ghee really helps me decide what parts of the world are off limits for the day, and helps me keep a running tally of where is getting loaded and where isn't. Maybe HMS will jump in and remind me why that's a bad idea?

    And yes. Donate to the center, they make a lot more of an impact in my life than the majority of non-profits in this part of the world!

  5. #80
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    west tetons
    Posts
    1,904
    Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    What's the consensus on the new avy report format?

    I dig the clean new look but I really miss the "Current Conditions (Mountain Weather last 24 Hours) block. I really appreciated getting the basics stats for all the plots I care about at a glance, it really made it easy to get a handle on trends before I read the forecast, instead of having to go look at each of those pages individually. And it seems like a bunch of links to pages on the BTAC site (including to individual plots) are broken and lead back to the home page?

    I know, I know, nit-picking a free service. I really appreciate everything the BTAC does, but man, reading that report has been the most consistent thing in my morning routine for the last eight years, and it's a little jarring when it changes in a way that gives me less info, not more.
    Cy it is very much a work in progress for this season. Forecast team is just getting up to speed and some things got released before they were ready. For a view of a more mature version of the same format (the new NAC standard), go check out the Sawtooth. Give me a call if you want to talk more about it.

    Sent from my SM-A536U using Tapatalk

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Inside the Circle
    Posts
    3,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    And if the conditions are soft, it can be a blast. Firm can be a bit sketchballz.
    It also has a new gondola and an easy way down a cattrack to the base for the less skilled.

    August, memba that first lap at the ghee? I think I was sideslipping at speed behind you two on that sheet of ice. Didn't take long to pull into corntown tho, bout when Babybear showed up.
    Man, I wish youse guys were here again for the long stay. Thoroughly enjoy turning with you and Goniff.
    I memba. Fun times. Also wish we could do a repeat but not in the cards for me this year. If I had won the Powerball tho....

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    7,259
    Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    Recent storm day shots. Great skiers, difficult shooting into fat flakes falling.
    Attachment 432896

    Attachment 432895
    I'm tryin to figure out why I like these shots so much... maybe it's the skill required to shoot in that kinda weather, or maybe the phat early season powski butterflies... naw it's that the poles are normal, not CoolGuye Dîldeaux Batóns!


  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    +3 ogdens
    Posts
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    I'm tryin to figure out why I like these shots so much... maybe it's the skill required to shoot in that kinda weather, or maybe the phat early season powski butterflies... naw it's that the poles are normal, not CoolGuye Dîldeaux Batóns!


    i'm guessing he uses a real camera with a large sensor. Fast shutter speeds, good crops on the subject (using a lens where you can get closer to your subject) and good image processing.

    It's not all the camera - the camera person is good too!

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    7,259
    Wut? U stoney, bro? I didn't say anything about a camera. Of course it takes skill to get images like that, which is what I praised while baggin on the (other partners') poles. Is this reverse-psycasm?

    Whatever. Hope to see more pics from yall tit dwellers and I'm aiming to make a trip down there this season.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Down on Electric Avenue
    Posts
    3,480
    Come on, come on, come on!

    You're overdue my Man.
    Be stoked to ski ya and happy to put ya up.

    UaN's photos are so good, I'm happy with the qualite' over quantite'.

    But moar pleez!

    I expect plenty of BC pics as the thread title has more ranges than inbounds ski areas within them. (vill, ghee, King).
    I guess Snow King falls within the Big Bellies.


  11. #86
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    9,308
    The photostokage here is off the chart. Bravo UAN!


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    +3 ogdens
    Posts
    491
    relax man was just trying to explain why I think you like them and was not implying anything about your statement. Regardless UAN has a great eye and gets out there and get it and that's great.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Wilson, Wyo.
    Posts
    4,432
    snowed a bunch more.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	041A5795.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	433103

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Wilson, Wyo.
    Posts
    4,432
    Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    Sure is! Thought I was good at computers, but somehow couldn't find that page! Thank you!
    Glad I could help. It's a page packed with useful info!

    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Of course it takes skill to get images like that, which is what I praised while baggin on the (other partners') poles.
    Very pole-arizing. *groan*

    Thank you for the compliment.

    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    UaN's photos are so good, I'm happy with the qualite' over quantite'.

    But moar pleez!
    Thank you!

    I challenge myself to make one quality image each time I go out — kind of a personal commitment to my art. Sometimes the days with the worst lighting have resulted in the best surprise.

    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I expect plenty of BC pics as the thread title has more ranges than inbounds ski areas within them. (vill, ghee, King).
    I'm doing MY part.


    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    The photostokage here is off the chart. Bravo UAN!
    Nice to get people fired up early!

    Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    relax man was just trying to explain why I think you like them and was not implying anything about your statement. Regardless UAN has a great eye and gets out there and get it and that's great.
    Thank you. I'm also pretty OK at pushing buttons.

    ~~~~
    I appreciate the compliments, all, and mostly am just happy to create some positivity/excitement about the season-to-come... I mean the season that's already here!

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    18,272
    Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    snowed a bunch more.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	041A5795.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	433103
    Fuckkkkkkkk

    Nice

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    4,680
    upallnight is bringing the ski porn harder than Rhonda Shear brought the cleavage!

    dirtbag, not a dentist

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    upallnight is bringing the ski porn harder than Rhonda Shear brought the cleavage!

    This is right here is quality shit!
    As always, appreciate the stoke UAN.

    Wife and I will be up in your guys area for the thanksgiving long weekend. Touring the pass and maybe a targhee day. Would love to meet up with some mags. Hope the storm train continues!

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Wilson, Wyo.
    Posts
    4,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Fuckkkkkkkk

    Nice
    thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    upallnight is bringing the ski porn harder than Rhonda Shear brought the cleavage!
    hah—thanks!


    Quote Originally Posted by jpcm View Post
    This is right here is quality shit!
    As always, appreciate the stoke UAN.

    Wife and I will be up in your guys area for the thanksgiving long weekend. Touring the pass and maybe a targhee day. Would love to meet up with some mags. Hope the storm train continues!
    pretty serious wind-effect today — what a difference a day makes!

    we'll see what some real cold does for things.

    I'd have preferred another 4 weeks of riding my mountain bike, but now that it's on, might as well snow straight through.

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tetonia
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by haysman16 View Post
    Targhee will be closed to uphill traffic this Friday 11/11 while we do the first round of control work. Uphill access will open back up for the weekend and then close on Monday the 14th until the season starts. All things subject to change
    Thanks for the update. With the pass pick up this weekend it should be quite the party.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,230
    Quote Originally Posted by haysman16 View Post
    Targhee will be closed to uphill traffic this Friday 11/11 while we do the first round of control work. Uphill access will open back up for the weekend and then close on Monday the 14th until the season starts. All things subject to change
    Is the new lift in? I haven't heard anything here about the terrain it's going to access.

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Beder View Post
    Is the new lift in? I haven't heard anything here about the terrain it's going to access.
    New lift is completed. It is going to access the area that was previously Catski terrain. About 450 acres or so. It is a high speed, 6 person chair. Most of the terrain is similar to what Targhee already offers although maybe a bit steeper and better fall line in certain spots. Access to the N Face of Peaked will be significantly easier and the stuff to the south into Teton canyon will be quicker to exit. There is no gate going in at the summit above the new lift so Mary’s should remain as is

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    No longer Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    2,522
    Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    snowed a bunch more.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	041A5795.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	433103
    Mmmmmmmm. Thanks for the stoke. Keep it coming

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Down on Electric Avenue
    Posts
    3,480
    Quote Originally Posted by haysman16 View Post
    New lift is completed. It is going to access the area that was previously Catski terrain. About 450 acres or so. It is a high speed, 6 person chair. Most of the terrain is similar to what Targhee already offers although maybe a bit steeper and better fall line in certain spots. Access to the N Face of Peaked will be significantly easier and the stuff to the south into Teton canyon will be quicker to exit. There is no gate going in at the summit above the new lift so Mary’s should remain as is

    Geez man, on a big day, that line from the top of the new lift all the way to the bottom is gonna be superior.

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Inside the Circle
    Posts
    3,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Geez man, on a big day, that line from the top of the new lift all the way to the bottom is gonna be superior.
    Yeah but everybody's going to be hitting that. The old, slow Blackfoot lift if you want multiple laps without crossing tracks. So many good lines, so few people....

    Also, I didn't go up there last year but it looked pretty low angle. Agree on the access to the N face of Peaked tho.

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tetonia
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Yeah but everybody's going to be hitting that. The old, slow Blackfoot lift if you want multiple laps without crossing tracks. So many good lines, so few people....

    Also, I didn't go up there last year but it looked pretty low angle. Agree on the access to the N face of Peaked tho.
    For better or worse, probably worse, it’s going to make access to Mary’s much easier.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •