Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    true fkna breakfast and stuff ur pockets with Benny meatz till ur heart's content.

A1 mattresses.

rinse and repeat

Wren the masseuse knew her craft. Her old man had the the Tai place within walking distance. Out and to the left

Camera ran on my desktop for weeks before arrivals
    Wow, that looks so much like Lucky Dog, he enjoys the exact same couch posture.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210702_203559.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	432611

Targhee an interesting mix of wind buff and breakable rime crust. Good base though!

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Ned Brown sold the Blue Lion just about 2 years ago now.

Saw him at the 'Ghee last winter when Haysman16 hooked me up and I got to ski with August West, Goniff and Babybear.
    He was apres'-ing on the deck with his new wife. He's moved over to Pierre's Hole now.
    Awsome fella and ripping skier still.
    So cool to hear Ned is still a ripping skier. Back in the mid 80's when I worked at the Lion, he skied all day every day at the Village. I mostly skied the pass on my skinny skis with leather boots back then (crossed tracks with HMS more than once). I was always impressed with Ned's attitude -- no matter how bad I knew conditions were at the Vill, he still skied full days and always said the skiing was excellent.

He also used to make some excellent hot sauces! I bottled with him a few times. Great guy.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

@wmd - you should try and come over for some turns this winter, mag. I'd bet ya 500 bucks that on any pow day, Ned will be at the Ghee first thing. Maybe the pass on a holiday pow day but he's still a daily skier, I'm sure. His wife started a local consignment gear shop (headwall sports) and was super succesful, then some TFB's bought her out, ka ching. They are a great TV couple.

Any of you teton valley mags get into the knotty pine much? Do Bryce and Whitney still own it?

Yes. I visited them in Sayulita this last spring, they bug out there for the winter. Solid plan.

Coolio, thanks. I guess after Whit bailed on working for the man up at the bridger center, they called it on skiing the vill much.
    Bryce was maybe my first friend here. I was fresh outta school and living in Ghettobrook. He lived next door and had a year left at KU.
    Came back, acquired the knotty and history was made.

Heard some fun stories from him about J.H. and himself enjoying the liquid in odd and inappropriate places…

Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    Wow, that looks so much like Lucky Dog, he enjoys the exact same couch posture.

Name:	20210702_203559.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	432611
    possibly on the same exact couch
    ​I am not in your hurry

Following from Shane's Valley. The hospitality of the Jackson contingent was a highlight of my high pressure trip last year. Hope to make it out again this year.

Hoping to get a few days out there this year in early January after dropping my kids off for school in Rexburg. Haven't skied Jackson in 30 years when I was a teenager.

Hell yes, hope to ski both of you mags soon. Holler with a little heads up and we'll hit the silk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heh, Brice and I looking at Cody bowl from the saddle thru a 'window pane'.
    Never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Ned Brown sold the Blue Lion just about 2 years ago now.

Saw him at the 'Ghee last winter when Haysman16 hooked me up and I got to ski with August West, Goniff and Babybear.
    He was apres'-ing on the deck with his new wife. He's moved over to Pierre's Hole now.
    Awsome fella and ripping skier still.
    Just checking in to say I'm stoked to get a DJ mention in his nostalgia post. Can't say whether or not I'll be able to get back out to ski with you guys again this year but if it's possible, I will.

If any of you come east, know you've got free beds at our place at the base of Magic.

Hey all, looking for some advice here, decided against my better judgement to do a holiday week trip because the 9yo grom was badgering me that he wanted to ski that week he was off, and I'm a pushover. Plan is to do a day or two at the Ghee since I know he will love it there, but just checked into their lessons for my 5 yo daughter and it looks like they are only doing group lessons for ages 6 and up ,which surprised the hell out of me. And according to the site , for a 5 year old (she's a confident green skiier last year at 4 ,off the bunny hill ) the only options are a short 1.5 hour private. I would really like to somehow get her in a full or at least half day program (she loves ski school and listens to instructors ,not dad) and so she wouldn't limit my son's chances to have fun at Targee. Is this the norm there only age 6 and up groups? It's pre season there so the only one I can get in touch with rn is central reservations, not the ski school people.

Also, my dumb ass looked at the wrong page on Jackson's ski school bookings, so thought there was plenty of availability for her in a group the whole week, only to see it's sold out on the 27 28 and 29 when I actually checked again today (wasn't sure which days we were doing Targee yet so didn't book any of those days yet. Ugh. All my prior Jackson trips have been sans kids so clearly I'm a clueless idiot here.

Tlr anyone have any ideas for Targee lessons for a green to easy blue 5 yo girl and /or advice on options at Jackson on a sold out day? Apologize in advance for the EC JONG touron questions

Assuming your daughter has adequate skills to not hold others backand and unless your daughter is unusually small for her age, I suggest you schedule a "birthday" party for her prior to your trip and celebrate her achieving 6 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by sillybunt2 View Post
    Assuming your daughter has adequate skills to not hold others backand and unless your daughter is unusually small for her age, I suggest you schedule a "birthday" party for her prior to your trip and celebrate her achieving 6 years old.
    Yeah, she is big and would be fine skill wise, but I don't trust her not to say "I'm five " if asked . I also wasn't sure how closely they look , so places are pretty strict and others don't seem to care.

I have a hard time imagining any Targhee employee giving a shit, let alone a schooler. Just tip them well for overlooking it.
    Last edited by snapt; 11-07-2022 at 06:54 PM.

^^^^^

Exactly right. It's so casual over there, it's awesome.

As opposed to the village where any turnip truck smelling nkotb will be empowered with all the rights and authorizations to question anything you do.

Ok, maybe that's a bit strong. But when the 22 yr. old challenges me, I kinda just laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

newsflash - jhmr has now implemented a new ticket acqusition approach. If you got your tickets online, you can now scan the qr code and get the J card w/yer days already loaded.
    These automated lift ticket pick up boxes will be outside the main ticket office(trambase), outside the bridger center, and inside TVS and Hoback sports. That makes it easier for folks staying in town too.
    (per the buckrail article)

I'm all for streamlining the process, it's a challenge at the least and a full tilt cluster on the big days.

The Four seasons has cashed in their chips in JH. Sold to Host Hotels group for $315M cash. Kinda makes the 50M tag on the alpenhof seem high.

6.5" of SWE in the last week at the Targhee Snotel.

Duffman, maybe not see you wanted to ski but snowing 5yo lessons may be open those dates. And cheaper

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    Duffman, maybe not see you wanted to ski but snowing 5yo lessons may be open those dates. And cheaper

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    Thanks. Its an option, My buddy has done that with his little one last year , but not sure if the 9yo or myself really wants to do the King for a day with her.

Recent storm day shots. Great skiers, difficult shooting into fat flakes falling.

Name:	041A5533.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	432896

Name:	041A5846.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	432895

subbing for the stoke and beta, hopefully will head up sometime this winter.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Thanks. Its an option, My buddy has done that with his little one last year , but not sure if the 9yo or myself really wants to do the King for a day with her.
    If you don't think it's steep enough, think again...

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    If you don't think it's steep enough, think again...
    And if the conditions are soft, it can be a blast. Firm can be a bit sketchballz.
    It also has a new gondola and an easy way down a cattrack to the base for the less skilled.

August, memba that first lap at the ghee? I think I was sideslipping at speed behind you two on that sheet of ice. Didn't take long to pull into corntown tho, bout when Babybear showed up.
    Man, I wish youse guys were here again for the long stay. Thoroughly enjoy turning with you and Goniff.