Page 11 of 97 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    So with all these stellar pow shots stoking the FOMO, looks like I'll be hopping out for a few days to to help open the
    Tram with one of my main (and lurker mag) ski bro's.
    Will be 3 yrs running of first ride of the season up the Tram.
    I'll do my best to post up some quality pow pics.
    See you on the dock.

Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    Days when the Tram is open and Thunder is not can be some great riding when one gets up the mountain early!

JACKSON 2022/23 {Tetons, Snakes, Gros Ventre, Winds, Wyoming Range, etc.)

UAN, saw your comment in the MT thread about using a grey card for ski photography and found it very useful. Thanks for that.

Tram on Saturday… fuck. Supposed to be in IF moving/packing shit but don’t think I can pass that up, ‘specially with Thunder still closed. Wonder how early the lineup for first box will be… Only one way to find out

Saturday could be bluebird too 🤤

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    yea I just read that on buckrail too and edited. Nice intel on the uphill increase as that seems more appropriate than a 100% increase that was implied.
    Great start to the season!
    Attachment 436138
    Smile on your face says it all BB. That's a UAN-quality pic right there.

Saturday.

Yeah.

Singlecross, holla at us as we'll be in the tram line early and would be stoked to have you there with us for first tracks.
    If that interests you let us know prior and we'll dial in the timing.

I'll be looking for you kooks, better make that first box.

Upper mountain is gonna be tits.

Friday and Saturday evenings will be wax sessions at my place. Swing by.

Not much better then JH in storm cycle pre holidays. Cold smoke and empty lifts. Get it guys and gals

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post

Singlecross- do you have peeps set to ski with on your planned Ghee day? If Sunday is still the planned day, I could be convinced to come over. I love a good excuse to ski the ghee
    I'd be stoked to ski the 'Ghee with some mags Sunday if that becomes a thing!

Git sum!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

DJ - I’ll swing by on Friday evening. Gotta drop those clamps off for ya.

Thanks for the offers of kindness… especially first box of the season. Unreal!

I’m all set with a floorspace and crew in Targhee and Teton Pass on Friday/Sat/Sunday as we’re getting together as a shakedown for a trip to Japan together for January.

Probably roll down to Jackson on Sunday evening and sleep in my buddy’s van. Stoked to meet some folks in Jackson on Monday. I’ll reach out on Sunday with our plan

Again, thanks for the kind offers for this Eastern Soup-eater! Much appreciated

Looking forward to skiing ya Monday. Like the way this is all setting up. Stoke is high at the village, great to feel. Flyers smiliest lifties I can remember. It's started up there, free prefills at the village now. Nice Teton sesh at lunchtime today.

DJ I'm going to try and visit the waxroom tomorrow evening, will text

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    UAN, saw your comment in the MT thread about using a grey card for ski photography and found it very useful. Thanks for that.
    Oh awesome! Glad you found it helpful. Hope it helps you make even higher quality images!

Fun conditions today. Noticing some signs of consolidation due to wind and/or warm temps. Could get more interesting depending on the amount of snow that drops in the next 24-48h.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	041A0765.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	436215

Jackson folk, suggestions on affordable decent lodging for four dentists (3 mags+1)? Not looking for "dorm-room affordable", but not looking for pimp accommodations either. A little space to hang out in, beyond just a room, would be a bonus (ie it doesn't have to be a hotel, airbnb or cabin is good). Dates are the first w/e in February, I think.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Coolio, swing by when ya can.
    Wax, beers, weeds, whatnots, what have yous.

Yep, the snow has changed in the last 2 days and is shifting to wetter/heavier snow now. Good for the cycle but a change in the layers. Maybe get some light shit to pull off. Scour and compress.

Change that wax color tonight.

I thot 1X was skiing the vill saturday, oh well, no epic scene first trax scramble session for him. Mighta been too much, too soon.
    Anywhere in the Tetons is gonna be as good as anywhere in the world this weekend.
    We're in the flow for a day or 3.

Local mag has a nice 2Br condo in quiet teton vill. Maybe he'll pm ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Jackson folk, suggestions on affordable decent lodging for four dentists (3 mags+1)? Not looking for "dorm-room affordable", but not looking for pimp accommodations either. A little space to hang out in, beyond just a room, would be a bonus (ie it doesn't have to be a hotel, airbnb or cabin is good). Dates are the first w/e in February, I think.
    It has been a few years, but our group used https://www.outpostjh.com/all-rentals/

We had a party of 6 or 7 so had a larger place. We were off Michael road and it was a short walk to the Moose Creek lift. Longer walk to the Mangy Moose for drinks (shuttle might have existed)

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Smile on your face says it all BB. That's a UAN-quality pic right there.
    this was on thanksgiving- a beautiful bluebird day too and my husband even shuttled my friend and I since he had to work. we haven’t really seen the sun much since!

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Exciting- hopefully we can make some turns!
    I don’t have any specific recs at the moment but Town of Jackson will be more affordable than lodging at Teton Village and there is more choice of dining/bars if you guys are going to be into that on this trip.
    You might try vrbo’s in the Teton Pines area which is a few minutes from Teton Village but is much closer to skiing than Town. The downside to staying at Teton Pines is that you are a drive from most of the restaurants and bars.
    The busses here are good too so if you stay in town you can use that to get to skiing and won’t necessarily need a vehicle. (they are less frequent in the evenings to Teton Village/Teton Pines)
    We can stop by the tgr hq’s and see if they will give you a hat for your years of volunteerism 🤣
    skid luxury

I like the Cowboy Village in Jackson. Small shotgun cabins with small rustic room with sofa, tv and table a galley type kitchen (1/2 small hallway) with small stove, oven and fridgeAcross the hall is a WC with private shower. At the other end of the hall is a bedroom with either king, 2 queens or queens and a bunk. In Dec. we are paying $125 and in Feb. I think its about $165. Breakfast may be included.Its a great place.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Yeah.

And it's in a great neighborhood.

JACKSON 2022/23 {Tetons, Snakes, Gros Ventre, Winds, Wyoming Range, etc.)

I dunno-I’ve heard there’s a lot of riffraff in that area
    skid luxury

The Riffraff Of Jackson. Now, there's a hit sit-com for you
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

We actually had a reservation at Cowboy Village, but then we had to switch our plan from the second to the first w/e in Feb, and they're booked.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Last year I only made it over to the Vil for one day, but that’s gonna change this year. I’ll be coming in on Saturday and skiing Sunday though Friday. Looking forward to meeting up with some of you. I’m thinking Sunday may also be a good time to get in the tram line early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah Eagle!

Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

What a start to Dec. Clearing here on the West side of the Tetons. Expecting a fair amount of face shots today.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The village was good to great today depending on your level of poachage. I did not partake but the rope ducking on Moran Face was off the charts, so much so that I assumed it was open. But the glades immediately north were open and skied really well. And deep. I plan to see you kooks in line early tomorrow after Tram Eve at DJs tonight

First trax down right side of the sleeping indian was ungroomed and about 18-30" deep standing still. which was not advisable.
    That was some well whipped egg whites of snow. Stiff but soft, supportive but punchy. Guy needed to keep moving and not swing across the fall line too much.
    Poachy shots were nice but finicky. Mountain is prime for poaching lines and will likely get thrashed tomorrow. One of the local mags is getting a shitton of the closed stuff right now.

Been hammering for 5 days and damn do my legs feel sore. Slowly wearing away though.

Ski you devil dogs tonight for a session.