Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Iran

Monsters in Tehran: 23-year-old Iranian protestor Majidreza Rahnavard's dying wishes--before being hanged--reflect the living wishes of so many young Iranians living under theocratic tyranny.

"Don't cry, don't read the Koran, don't pray"

"Be joyful. Play happy music"

RIP brave young dude

Name:  FjwR-6DWYAAqSlv.jpg
Views: 990
Size:  56.0 KB

Iran

Airstrikes at multiple locations in Iran. Aircraft and drone strikes reported all across Iran. No idea what’s actually going on.

https://twitter.com/officejjsmart/st...cities-in-Iran
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Iran

CNN is reporting Iran saying small drones caused minor damage at a military facility. No casualties. Couldn’t find anything on BBC or Al Jazeera
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

the daily this week was reporting that the iranian goon squad shoots protestors in the face and then shows up at the hospital to make arrests when they seek medical care. lots of 20somethings missing eyes. some government.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Sort of incredible that this isn’t even remotely top news on my usual feeds.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    Sort of incredible that this isn’t even remotely top news on my usual feeds.
    I wonder if it's intentionally being kept on the DL?

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    I wonder if it's intentionally being kept on the DL?
    It’s definitely being reported on by all the major news orgs, it just apparently isn’t a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    It’s definitely being reported on by all the major news orgs, it just apparently isn’t a big deal.
    Or they are downplaying it. Intentionally.

It’s Iran. Not Palestine. Holeee fooook.
    The media wants a hot war.
    Ukraine ain’t enough.

Those ass backwards Middle Ages wannabees caused today's war. Fuck them and their ignorant piece of shit selves.

A murderous regime versus its citizens. Reaction to the Israel terror attack from Iranian soccer fans:

Islamic Republic supporters tried to support Hamas by bringing Palestinian flags to a soccer match.

Iranian fans across the stadium chanted: “Take that Palestinian flag and shove it up your ass!”

https://twitter.com/khansarinia/stat...94985376792699

Mohammad, brother of Neda Agha Soltan the symbol of Iran’s 2009 Green Movement and a national hero; writes:

“The stadium isn’t like Twitter at all… No one is afraid to speak their mind. They say what needs to be put where. They always point you in the right direction.”

Wait, didn’t the US give Iran 6 billion dollars last month?

https://www.npr.org/2023/09/18/12001...se-5-americans

I wonder if Iran bought any paragliders with that money.

One of my closest friends in law school was an Iranian woman Lida Rafizadeh whose parents were top generals of the Shah and agents of SAVAK. She was not only smoking hot, but she is the salt of the Earth. When the Shah was exiled, so her family. They were hunted down and forced to move around; first to Canada and then to the USA. Her mother, Pahlavi, was gunned down in her driveway in Franklin Township home and my Lida, a first year lawyer, was forced to flee the US. I had dinner at her house a couple of days before the murder. They were some of the nicest people I've ever met. After eating a typical Persian meal, we would sit back on pillows on the floor and enjoy a hookah. I miss her a lot.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

They’ve already got a bomb. If we think the last 20 yrs in the middle East was ugly, the next 20 will be a total disaster as the Saudi etc demand one too. I bet Israel strikes Iran soon. The air space will clear itself.

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post
    Wait, didn’t the US give Iran 6 billion dollars last month?

https://www.npr.org/2023/09/18/12001...se-5-americans

I wonder if Iran bought any paragliders with that money.
    Just to add some clarity here.

US is releasing $6B of Iran’s own money. It is being held by a third party and is only allowed to be spent on aid for citizens, like food and medicine. None of that money has been spent yet.

Anyone who spouts that line about how "the money hasn't been spent yet" is a fucking moron.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Anyone who spouts that line about how "the money hasn't been spent yet" is a fucking moron.
    Care to elaborate?

Today there’s news that the Hamas terror attacks were planned for two years. This announcement from three weeks ago put it over the line?

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Those ass backwards Middle Ages wannabees caused today's war. Fuck them and their ignorant piece of shit selves.

Don't be so hard on the zionists

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    “The United States and Qatar have reached a “quiet understanding” not to allow Iran to access any of the $6 billion in Iranian funds that were transferred to Qatari accounts last month.

John Kirby, a National Security Council spokesman, declined to elaborate on any new agreement on the funds.

“It’s still sitting in the Qatari bank, all of it. Every dime of it,” he told reporters at the White House on Thursday. “None of that money has been spent and I have no updates to provide.”

That doesn't really help AR's hate-fueled narrative. Maybe edit your post. kthxbye

Seems silly to put $6b that you don’t have yet at risk with a political mistake. Ultimately it is their money.

Maybe just give it to Ukraine. That would really chap the right wingers.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Seems silly to put $6b that you don’t have yet at risk with a political mistake. Ultimately it is their money.

Maybe just give it to Ukraine. That would really chap the right wingers.
    Yup, right it off for all the drones they sent Ukraine.

Wright

I think the money is already in the custody of Qatar. You know, where terrorists live in high rises.

There are no do overs in life.