What Do You Keep In Your Drift Boat?

I’m supposed to take delivery of my new drift boat in November or December, even though I think I won’t see it till Feb/March. (Stealthcraft is notoriously late on their delivery promises.)

I’m starting to try and figure out what to keep in the boat. I picked up a dry bag to store a couple full sets of clothes, and a Fishpond long handled net. My Mom and relatives are asking for Christmas ideas.

What do you find indispensable in your boat?

Toilet paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    Toilet paper.
    This!!
    I also keep a first aid kit, spare plugs a multi tool, spare oar, hand towel bug spray sun screen spare sunglasses and a flashlight
    I have everything in a small Rubbermaid that fits under my rowers seat

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

somthing to keep yer weed dry...

A bucket with a Gamma Seal Lid come in very handy for tons of stuff. I affix a sling around it for clipping in.

Get a proper throw bag too, and know how to use it.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Oh and a 30 foot length of rope is essential

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    This!!
    I also keep a first aid kit, spare plugs a multi tool, spare oar, hand towel bug spray sun screen spare sunglasses and a flashlight

Pretty much this. In addition to a basic headlamp, I’ve added a proper spotlight after pushing into dark a handful of times.

-3 piece spare oar
    -above mentioned rope
    - extra oar lock (never needed it)
    -cheap manual bilge pump. (Plug location in SC great for draining on trailer, not so good for draining off trailer)

Quote Originally Posted by jpcm View Post
    Pretty much this. In addition to a basic headlamp, I’ve added a proper spotlight after pushing into dark a handful of times.

-3 piece spare oar
    -above mentioned rope
    -cheap manual bilge pump. (Plug location in SC great for draining on trailer, not so good for draining off trailer)
    Yep and by flashlight I mean a big ass rechargeable spotlight - I have gotten off the water at midnight with a tiny ass headlamp way to many times.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    This!!

Use pelican cases for storage of 1st aid and repair. Much better than a Tupperware.

This is why I love this place…

Quote Originally Posted by jpcm View Post
    Ask Dibs about this one, Bob.

Extra lighters, franzia box opener, extra coozies, roll of shop towels

Get one of those little water cannon gun things. Bilge pump and kid toy all in one.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    This is why I love this place…
    You got the stripper pole bracket option, right?

What Do You Keep In Your Drift Boat?

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    Toilet paper.
    Yes, and lube. (For the oarlocks!) for multiday boating I really appreciate some kind of hand balm. Raft straps and desiccant destroy my hands. Safety kit with all mentioned, a couple spare coozies. Small speaker but keep it low.

And I keep most everything in a pataguch boat bag. Keep it packed and ready to toss in the truck, drift boat, or a raft. Splashproof from top and waterproof on the bottom so good for the boat. Is one of those things I thought would be excessive but has come in so handy. These type of things I find are the greatest gifts - something I wouldn’t necessarily buy for myself but value immensely. Sage and fishpond make some great ones too.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Use pelican cases for storage of 1st aid and repair. Much better than a Tupperware.
    Small ammo can works great too and a budget option compared to a pelican, and a huge step up from Tupperware.

Loon UV activated wader repair spoog lives in my kit too. Many uses, as does the small roll of black gorilla tape.

A bucket with a Gamma Seal Lid come in very handy for tons of stuff. I affix a sling around it for clipping in.

Get a proper throw bag too, and know how to use it.
    Two thumbs up on the throw bag.

Bitches and Hoes!

But seriously most things have been covered. Spare plugs/oar lock are clutch. I usually keep 2 sets of rain gear and lots of dry/heavy layers. 1st aid kit and heavy pliers for cutting hooks/pinching barbs for the errant streamer. Camp stove for hot drinks etc. Multiple cans of beanie weenies. Gorilla tape. Spare lighters. Water gun/bilge pump. I also have a fish pond boat net but the extendo almost always stays in boat. Also bear spray, tarp, and lots of paracord. Bucket is great for empty beers and trash as well as other things.

I'll have to look into a collapsible spare oar as I always have a spare on the raft but not the drifter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by new yabyum View Post
    Two thumbs up on the throw bag.
    I think Colorado has had 38 recreational boating drownings this year. Unreal. I was almost one of them, but I got very lucky. There was nothing a throw bag could have prevented unfortunately, but the ones that have been reported that I've read about, it sure would have made a difference.

Besides the standard stuff that has been discussed, I keep a lil buddy heater. Love it during the shoulder seasons.

Small shovel to compliment the toilet paper.

Flip case solar charger

For a bilge pump, this the double barrel stream machine works great.

In the boat I have a small propane grill. Nothing better than a hot meal on a cold day. Plus like the normal safety stuff. And beer.
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Not possible (not enough room) or necessary (it’s already a in a dry box). We are talking drift boat not a raft. In my raft I use pelican cases and ammo cans.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    i figured ya spents enuffs time in the hog to know
    what i carry
    your keep the float n be happy on

repair kits gonna differ from mine
    i keep the oh shit kit of warm clothes and extra stay/git dry layers in a waterproof bag
    theres watershed bags and less water resistant kinda dry bags
    a pirate flags always a nice touch

a river wing or big tarps come in handy

and yeah safety matters

i gots ya a boat warmin xmass present

and look forward to mannin the sticks on your new water whip
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

a great set for fishing

at the bottom of the worst air in the USA
    Splash Zone. 2-part epoxy. Half the older commercial boats in Bristol Bay are held together by that stuff. Sets up underwater.

Prob should keep some in the Cougar Den. Hell, could even repair the roof leak!
    Last edited by Lumpy; 01-19-2023 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Adding

Fishing Poles

We keep a cooler with cool drinks and ice, fishing poles, and life jackets. But all of our fishing is in the Texas bays, so not very far from land or in deep water.