Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Whistler 22-23

I got Elan apex that I will likely never ski again. I loved them. There was a dude with a ski shop on epicski that said they were like the kendos of that time, but a bit more forgiving.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cocximus View Post
    I got Elan apex that I will likely never ski again. I loved them. There was a dude with a ski shop on epicski that said they were like the kendos of that time, but a bit more forgiving.

Whats the length and bindings? They sound good judging from reviews

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    On another note my partner Sharon is in search of on piste skis for Cypress skiing. Anyone got something reasonable in the 180cms length range? 70 -85 underfoot. 22m- 25m turn radius. Its Cypress so doesnt need to be super high performing skis
    I have Volkl Snow Rangers in 180cm that are taking up space in my garage. As an early fat ski they're about 75mm under foot. I have no idea what the turning radius is. They have Salomon 997 bindings. I live in Langley.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

Any tips for Vancouver ski shops for tunes and whatnot? Had been going to Vancouver Ski & Board my whole life, got set up to do things myself last year but never seem to have the time. Not had great experiences at Comor and West Coast before but maybe I just got unlucky. Anyone used any of the mobile ski tuning guys before?

Whats the length and bindings? They sound good judging from reviews
    Somewhere around 178. I'll get back to you with an exact number. They had the tyrolia adrenalin, but I need them. The only alpine binding that works with my Khion and Mercury is a frankenbinding between aaatack demo with adrenalin heel piece. If she wants to test them you can take them for a demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dog View Post
    I have Volkl Snow Rangers in 180cm that are taking up space in my garage. As an early fat ski they're about 75mm under foot. I have no idea what the turning radius is. They have Salomon 997 bindings. I live in Langley.
    Compared to modern skis, Volkl Snow Rangers are heavy, stiff, and not that easy to turn. Still good in crud, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocximus View Post
    Somewhere around 178. I'll get back to you with an exact number. They had the tyrolia adrenalin, but I need them. The only alpine binding that works with my Khion and Mercury is a frankenbinding between aaatack demo with adrenalin heel piece. If she wants to test them you can take them for a demo.

Thanks. I have spare Vipecs I can throw on them.

Quote Originally Posted by eggsbenedict View Post
    Any tips for Vancouver ski shops for tunes and whatnot? Had been going to Vancouver Ski & Board my whole life, got set up to do things myself last year but never seem to have the time. Not had great experiences at Comor and West Coast before but maybe I just got unlucky. Anyone used any of the mobile ski tuning guys before?
    Crystal Glide in North Van does a nice job. I believe Comor now sends their tuning work there.

Quote Originally Posted by D(C) View Post
    Crystal Glide in North Van does a nice job. I believe Comor now sends their tuning work there.
    2nded. Just had 3 pairs done, was about a 10 day turnaround

Beauty, thanks guys.

Its Cypress so doesnt need to be super high performing skis
    Riiiight.

Also, this is some serious high pressure that reminds me of the 3 months we just went through, but just cold instead of hot. I 'memba when it used to rain in Vancouver.
    Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    That grip walk shit is ridiculous.

Creekside gondi is running this year, right? Wasnt it down during the summer, or was the creekside-side of the park closed for other reasons?

Asking because we would like to book a weekend in the late winter/spring and need somewhere affordable and close to the lifts as we will be taking turns looking after an 18month old (at that point).

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Creekside gondi is running this year, right? Wasnt it down during the summer, or was the creekside-side of the park closed for other reasons?

Asking because we would like to book a weekend in the late winter/spring and need somewhere affordable and close to the lifts as we will be taking turns looking after an 18month old (at that point).
    They're going to do whatever it takes to get Creekside running by Christmas, don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by FlimFlamvanHam View Post
    Also, this is some serious high pressure that reminds me of the 3 months we just went through, but just cold instead of hot. I 'memba when it used to rain in Vancouver.
    Supposedly supposed to break down toward the end of this weekend. Cross your fingers.

^^ weather crisis averted. You are correct. Nothing but precipitation starting late Sunday.

In other news, not sure where LL got the info on the Creekside haul line being in town as of last Saturday because I noticed a post on WB's Assbook page from 22 hours ago:

"We have been extremely anxious for the Creekside Gondola haul rope to make it on-mountain, and we’re super excited to share that just a few minutes ago, the ship finally reached the dock at the port of New Westminster, near Vancouver!"

Surely Vail's knowledge of attempting to run shuttles from Creekside (I guess they are expecting nobody to park there which makes sense) + the traffic hell + the parking mess at the village and base II lots + the lift lines that will inevitably ensue = fuel enough to get the Australian crew and all other hands working on it to push it to completion in a matter of a couple weeks rather than 4. Right?

I was passing along rumour from one of the construction crew working on the Creekside project about the haul rope. Evidently that was premature

I've got some atomic r:ex for free. 84mm waist, 23m radius. 184cm

Another vote for Crystal glide.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

I was passing along rumour from one of the construction crew working on the Creekside project about the haul rope. Evidently that was premature
    Understood. I'm guessing that if it was on the dock Tuesday it will actually be at Creekside today if not already. So curious to know what the estimated timeline is now since they brought in the Aussies.

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_sick View Post
    I've got some atomic r:ex for free. 84mm waist, 23m radius. 184cm

Another vote for Crystal glide.
    Thx. Any bindings? If not no problem

Understood. I'm guessing that if it was on the dock Tuesday it will actually be at Creekside today if not already. So curious to know what the estimated timeline is now since they brought in the Aussies.
    And just updated!! "We’ve got another haul rope update. It’s being loaded onto the truck for transport to Whistler as we speak. Based on this, we expect the rope to be on-site tomorrow morning. More to come soon! "

Shifts scheduled for more work on this so at least the ends' in sight!

Thx. Any bindings
    Yes, some salomon bindings from the same era. 897s I think. Mounted for 315mm
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

I've seen a haul rope get put on once before (actually helped with the installation), albeit on a much smaller lift (in BC). I assume they've already got the smaller temporary line up there, that the big haul rope gets spliced to and pulled up with. So, getting the rope on should take a day, then some old german/austrian celebrity splicer guy will have to splice it together which takes another day. Then, they tension the thing and start all manner of tests. This took a little over a week I think, and they were working long-ass days if not 24/7. So, with no problems encountered, maybe they can get this thing up and running and work out some kinks by Christmas. Surely that is their goal.

The haul rope has arrived. Now let's hope for no further delays.

I reckon three weeks to get it running

- 2 days to start
    - 1 day to lift it on
    - 2 days to splice

This is assuming they already have the lead line on.

Two weeks of testing.

They estimated 30 days but with Aussie crew there they will be working around the clock to get it on asap.

Hope there's no defects...

At this point you figure they really want to get it running before the big holiday rush. If they can get it running on December 16 they're in good shape.