Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20

Thread: Whistler 22-23

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Anyone know when the deadline is to buy an Edge card and get a bonus day is? Of course they don't say on the website. Also the fuckers changed it from unlimited early season skiing to one single day to be used before December 8. "Back in the day" it used to be second weekend of December and was always unlimited days.
    I'm pretty sure it was still unlimited (well, unlimited till Dec 8) if you purchased before 4/16. The current deal may just be a single early season day free. At least I hope that was the deal. I think I would have noticed if it wasn't.

I snagged this off the website earlier this spring:

Secure your EDGE Card by April 16 to get Unlimited Early Season skiing or riding.

*Early Season Skiing and riding is valid from Opening Day through Friday, December 8, 2023. Not valid for 2 Day EDGE Card and Restricted 2 Day EDGE Card.

Awesome. Glad I remembered correctly and sorry to gramboh.

Ah ok, I dun goofed and missed it, oh well. Chances of me getting more than 1 day in those first two weeks are slim anyway (and you're welcome, as it will now be a massive 300-400cm Nov/Dec like 2010/11 since I jinxed myself).

Anyone figure out how to re-use an RFID edge card? Check out process forces you to pay $6.50 shipping for a new one. Mostly just the principle of the thing, I swear in the pre Vail days I had one RFID for like 10 years that I used for season pass/edge. Wasteful shipping plastic cards around and throwing them out for no reason.

they said it should just scan next season... tbd

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Anyone figure out how to re-use an RFID edge card? Check out process forces you to pay $6.50 shipping for a new one. Mostly just the principle of the thing, I swear in the pre Vail days I had one RFID for like 10 years that I used for season pass/edge. Wasteful shipping plastic cards around and throwing them out for no reason.
    The web site forces you to a new card but if you renew over the phone you can use your existing card.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dog View Post
    The web site forces you to a new card but if you renew over the phone you can use your existing card.
    Ahh that's dumb. Will call in when I have a few minutes and see if I can have them fix it before the fall. Thanks for the heads up.

I can't even remember now if they tried to sell me a new card. It seems like something I would have noticed at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I can't even remember now if they tried to sell me a new card. It seems like something I would have noticed at the time.
    It's automatically added to your shopping cart along with the applicable taxes.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

Current weather forecast according to weather network. Could you imagine 1.5 meters of snow at valley level late sept??? - I know this is likely some fuckery, but thats quite the forecase
    Name:  Screen Shot 2023-09-14 at 12.02.05 PM.png
Views: 314
Size:  60.5 KB

How is the POP 60% but the snow total is 50-75 cm for Monday? Something doesn't seem to compute.

What model?

Weather Network. Think they use GFS - or at least it seems similar to that in my memory
    There site has been crazy the past few days so i don't think this is legit.

Maybe it's a preview for Vail's upcoming premium epic forecast for geoengineerd days.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.