Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Unlikely stability will be improving…

https://www.avalanche.ca/blogs/the-persisting-problem
    Thanks, I have been following the forecasts, but that article is new to me. Spooky indeed

FWIW - skinned across Lake Louise today, collapses on every step and could get cracks to propagate... on a flat lake. Touchy indeed.

Its more apt to happen on the flats. Still a good indication

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

dives open today at SSV.

I'm going fat biking

Got up high and got out of the PWL last few days…Lots of DD to knock this one off on a season like this….

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6068F39F-8D63-4D4F-845F-E848432DDA5B.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	912.5 KB 
ID:	442307
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7C24C9F5-03D1-4E19-8C06-492CC86F4AA4.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	614.3 KB 
ID:	442308  

Well done, big effort doing that one on skis.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Looking good! Figured you might have got some of that snow. Big walk!

Hey all, mtnlion mentioned that I should post in here in case someone's interested.

Unfortunately, my wife injured her knee a few days ago, right before our planned hut trip. So we are selling two spots to Sol Lodge in the Monashees (guided, catered), heli out of Cherryvile, BC, for next week, Jan 19-24. We're asking $4k USD (around $5300 CAD) for both spots, which is a bit of a discount over what we paid.

More details here: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...95#post6775195

Totaly longshot, I know but PM if interested.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

You know the conditions are bad in the cdn Rockies when Norquay has the best conditions time and time again….lol

Forgive the sale but I have a brand new pair of Tecnica Zero G Peak Carbon 27.5 for local Calgary/Bow Valley sale, $500 ($950), tell yer traverse buddies please.

please start snowing again, or lets go biking....

Dry January sucks.
    Move along nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Forgive the sale but I have a brand new pair of Tecnica Zero G Peak Carbon 27.5 for local Calgary/Bow Valley sale, $500 ($950), tell yer traverse buddies please.
    I’d be interested if they fit me. I’ve never tried on a Tecnica before so I have no idea how they fit (scarpa fit me well).

I’m in Cowtown, cheers, dj
    All conditions, all terrain.
    Expect nothing, don’t be disappointed.
    Too Old To Die Young (TOTDY)

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    please start snowing again, or lets go biking....
    Hear ya brother. My bro and several of his university friends are coming to Pano on Feb 3-6, then they are off to Red for the balance of the week. Very firm conditions, hoping this turn in the jet stream brings some fresh snow love.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Likely most folks who would be interested in this already know because they belong to the ACC. Thought I would pass along anyways. I assume it’s guided. Doesn’t say, but I thought all Fairy Meadow trips are. The avalanche conditions are shit and I don’t know the terrain so there’s that and maybe why it’s available.

An unexpected opening at the Fairy Meadow Hut for next week could be a great opportunity for those who can book off for amazing adventure on short notice. Here are the details:

Date: January 28 to Feb 3 (Saturday to Saturday).
    Cost: $650 per person (members) or $720 per person (non-members) including helicopter flights (regular $1,300).
    Bookings: Per bed. FM ski weeks are booked annually by lottery, for all 20 spots. This week will be booked by the bed, meaning you can book for small groups and pay only for the beds you need.
    Payment: Full payment is required at the time of booking.
    Action: Call our reservations staff at 403-678-3200, ext. 0.

Not guided- good price, well worth it for anyone that can go. Good tree laps below hut that are manageable. Good refresh coming in on 27, sauna alone is worth it! No matter what it will be memorable!

Yeah if I was local I would be all over it.

Nice reset at Kimberley today. 41 cm new. Storm was loitering directly over us and Cranbrook.

Lots of skiers here from Fernie today. Usually the reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Likely most folks who would be interested in this already know because they belong to the ACC. Thought I would pass along anyways. I assume it’s guided. Doesn’t say, but I thought all Fairy Meadow trips are. The avalanche conditions are shit and I don’t know the terrain so there’s that and maybe why it’s available.

An unexpected opening at the Fairy Meadow Hut for next week could be a great opportunity for those who can book off for amazing adventure on short notice. Here are the details:

Date: January 28 to Feb 3 (Saturday to Saturday).
    Cost: $650 per person (members) or $720 per person (non-members) including helicopter flights (regular $1,300).
    Bookings: Per bed. FM ski weeks are booked annually by lottery, for all 20 spots. This week will be booked by the bed, meaning you can book for small groups and pay only for the beds you need.
    Payment: Full payment is required at the time of booking.
    Action: Call our reservations staff at 403-678-3200, ext. 0.
    Worth the trip, trees are legit and you can yo yo and huck cliffs if you need. I've gone unguided on two occasions, it's a place where having viz at some point helps because all the prized peaks offer unreal surrounding views and it'll help putting in the uptracks towards collosal, enterprise, sir Willy, Scotty coolie, etc...

Still remember skiing off Sir William and seeing Cmh adamants (I think) drop of clients to wiggle turn on a ramp 500m below us ....that was satisfactory.

That's a good price.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

-30 or colder today in the bow valley. Glad I'm working

Hi - Looking for some advice. First time poster. If this should be in another section, please let me know.

We are going to Kicking Horse in early/mid-March. Have booked to do 5 days, but now my wife and daughter are going early to do a 2-day 'Rippin Betties' clinic before our 5 days...so, my son and I are trying to decide if we should do:
    - 7 days at KH or
    - 2 days at Lake Louise before KH or
    - 2 days at Revelstoke before KH

Our 2-day plan would be to leave early morning from Golden and ski LL/Revy, stay overnight in LL/Revy, ski the next day and drive back to Golden.

My questions are:
    - would it be better to just stay at KH? We've skied KH, Fernie, and Pano previously. But not LL or Revy.
    - Would all this driving be too ambitious?

Thank you in advance. Ryan

That driving is not too ambitious unless there is a storm that messes with Roger's pass.

I think your plan is pretty good... a good way to explore various places.

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Yep, ShortyJ nailed it. Not much driving to do some new hills, especially if you aren’t in the neighbourhood that often.

Yes do the drive and Revie would be my pick esp if your two days are on weekend.

Remember that Revie is in a different time zone than KH ( Golden) so you leave at 8am with a 2 hour drive you arrive at 9am. It hurts on the way back but that's after skiing. That morning early check drivebc if any closures in Rogers pass.

If heart set on LL then remember that there is an over night closure in pass between LL and Golden from 10pm to 7am. Shouldn't affect plans but its info you should know.

12:00 am - 7:00 am
    Overnight closure until 7 am
    7:00 am - 9:00 am
    Highway OPEN – no stoppages
    9:00 am - 3:00 pm
    Highway open with 30-minute stoppages
    3:00 pm - 8:00 pm
    Highway OPEN – no stoppages
    8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
    Highway open with 30-minute stoppages
    10:00 pm - 11:59 pm
    Overnight closure 10 pm – 7 am
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.