Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nickinbc View Post
    Is there a slope steep enough to ski 20-30 cm anywhere near Regina?

https://www.facebook.com/saskatchewa...cherescueteam/

"On average, Saskatchewan has ZERO avalanches per year and we need your help to keep it that way!"

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    There for a week from Sunday. Temps look in the -20s. Kill me.
    Awe god dammit, temps look the similar in Fernie too. Cold and dry!

I once spent the month of June in Regina and the only time the wind stopped blowing was to change direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    There for a week from Sunday. Temps look in the -20s. Kill me.
    -28 for a high Monday ...

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B70D9BB2-A83E-46F0-B977-7DD08456E5FE.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	459.2 KB 
ID:	438080

Coming over from Vancouver for a week from the 21st, fam are flying over from Aus. Going to be nice and warm

Quote Originally Posted by pow_pow~ View Post

Name:	B70D9BB2-A83E-46F0-B977-7DD08456E5FE.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	459.2 KB 
ID:	438080

Coming over from Vancouver for a week from the 21st, fam are flying over from Aus. Going to be nice and warm
    Where are you gonna be? We are bouncing between pano, fernie over christmas and LL over NYE.

We’re at fernie 21-28 then heading down to Jackson

Bring an extra pair of long underwear because the B.C. interior is supposed to get to -21*C to -28*C or colder by Tuesday.

Don't detune your tips for your trips to Fernie. Snakeridge along with the rest of the mountain is an alder farm and could use a good wacking. Stay away, the skiing is terrible.

Don’t worry I’ll be spending more time trying to keep the mrs warm than actually skiing.

Name:	3760655A-2923-4A71-81DD-D7E363941555.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	631.2 KB 
ID:	438587

Tossing up weather the drive through the states would be a better option next Tuesday given the weather, looks to be generally flatter and probably safer.

Any reasons I shouldn’t?

That will depend on your timing through the Seattle metro and weather over snoqualmie pass. Once you get past those two hurdles the rest is easy.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Thanks. Driven the 90 before but not the 3.

Is the 3 similar to the coq/Rogers i.e windy winter conditions the whole way?

the 3 is desolate which in summer means you can drive mach stupid and no one cares.

And in winter means you pray there's a road. The osoyoos switchbacks are a calamity.

Probably not that bad.

Grab some merch from the marketplace loonies while you're there, they are practically giving away skis.

Traveling from Canada into the USA, then back into Canada is crossing the international border 2 times when you are not a citizen of either country seems senseless and unnecessary and could cause a lot of delays. A 10 or 11 hour travel time estimate in winter is optimistic. I would make it a two day trip and arrive rested and ready to go skiing. And I would probably take the route that goes thru Revelstoke and make that and a day's skiing the stop over.

Cheers, resident of Canada so no dramas at the border. Will take the 90, less chance of delays. Probably decide Monday if we split it over two days or knock it over in one, pretty used to long drives

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    Summit lift not running at Pano yet.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    Did the SWTP program last weekend. Lots of fun on groomers but we stayed away from anything without snowmaking.

Summit was turning but no runs open. Looked like the patrol was up top, I am guessing boot packing going in in Taynton. There were tracks down Top of the World and some folks may have climbed and some tracks coming around the view of 1000 peaks turn to Messerli’s.

Hoping the cold snap clears as advertised before Thursday. Will have all the kids home for the first time in 3 years, so the boys will hunt the XMas tree Friday AM and decorate Friday night.

“Jingle bells, jingle bells….”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Hey does anyone have some cheapish beater skis 108/110ish underfoot, stiff twintip ideally but could go either way. Snapped a cochise yesterday, didn't see that coming :/

Also on the hunt for telebindings, may have acquired some 192 praxis powboards, let it snow!!

Volkl bmt 109 touring skis (186cm long), drilled twice (not sure what/size) in banff. $150 CND or $200 and I'll get what ever you have remounted onto them

Quote Originally Posted by Skiwurrel View Post
    Hey does anyone have some cheapish beater skis 108/110ish underfoot, stiff twintip ideally but could go either way. Snapped a cochise yesterday, didn't see that coming :/

Also on the hunt for telebindings, may have acquired some 192 praxis powboards, let it snow!!
    Just how beater are you intending? There's 2014 katanas for 25 bucks with a chunk of edge missing on marketplace right now..

almost nothing opened today due to cold and colder tomorrow. Maybe warming by the weekend

Marmot posted yesterday that they would not open today. Today they posted no go Tuesday&Wednesday. Maybe Thursday but Friday things look like they turn around. My guess is jetski is back in town.

Air Temps are -43C this morning in Jasper. No wind chill.

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

-25c here in Pano. I’m getting 2-4 runs before warming up. Snow is corn and dust on crust. FIS BC Cup is also here so lots of kids running around skiing better than me.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

If you want to pair the wives off and get some turns 25/26/27th send me a message.