Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pivot vs SPX

PX Racing brakes = Rockerace brakes. Both are wormscrew heels.

Could be wrong, but I don't think all Axial2 heels are wormscrew.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Has anyone ever done this? I’ve done zero research.
    I've done it. Back when Rossi "bought Geze's intellectual property" we were goofing around in the shop with various brands toes and TT/ZR heels. The only toe that kinda sucked was whatever the Marker twincam of the day was (which made sense 'cause they sucked in general).

As for why no pivot race binding IIRC the heel rods and boot hold risers will drag on snow sooner than the equivalent SPX when the athletes are really on edge, which makes sense, sort of. It never seemed to slow Tomba down BITD.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    PX Racing brakes = Rockerace brakes. Both are wormscrew heels.

Could be wrong, but I don't think all Axial2 heels are wormscrew.
    No the axial2 heels are not wormscrew. But that image above from Evo.com suggests they might be interchangeable?

Would love to see a photo to confirm.

Of course, I could just buy some rockerace and just return them if I can't use my axial2 brakes.

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Interested.

I have a pair of MX83s on the bench right now ready to be drilled and have a new pair of SPX15 Rockerace and a pair of Pivots sitting next to them. I’ve been frozen like this for a week.

I like how these ski with Pivots but I’m wondering how the Rockeraces would work/feel. I think I might want to lift the toes of the SPXs if I go that way though.

I can post pix of PX brakes vs PX Racing brakes in the next few days, they're not interchangeable.

Quote Originally Posted by utagonian View Post
    I have swapped arms in a PX Race set of brakes, and you can get the arms out of the heel pad without drilling and adding screws like were done there. They will work out like Solly brakes. You can put wide brakes arms from a regular px into a race housing.

While we are on this topic, we’ve determined that a pivot toe and an SPX toe is exactly the same right? No stack height difference?

Interested.

I have a pair of MX83s on the bench right now ready to be drilled and have a new pair of SPX15 Rockerace and a pair of Pivots sitting next to them. I’ve been frozen like this for a week.

I like how these ski with Pivots but I’m wondering how the Rockeraces would work/feel. I think I might want to lift the toes of the SPXs if I go that way though.
    Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    While we are on this topic, we’ve determined that a pivot toe and an SPX toe is exactly the same right? No stack height difference?
    Utagonian might be able to comment?

Sent fra min LE2123 via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Mechanically the toes are the same through the various DIN ranges (12=12, 14=14, 15=15, 18=18 the 20 rocker race is unobtainium and different) with the advent of gripwalk AFDs there may be different stack height between the civilian and rocker race models (stack height can be modified with the race riser system on the RR models, and if your tech knows what he's doing on Pivots too)
    Last edited by waxman; 11-12-2022 at 05:16 PM.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    Mechanically the toes are the same through the various DIN ranges (12=12, 14=14, 15=15, 18=18 the 20 rocker race is unobtainium and different) with the advent of gripwalk AFDs there may be different stack height between the civilian and rocker race models (stack height can be modified with the race riser system on the RR models, and if you're tech knows what he's doing on Pivots too)
    Excellent. Thank you for the confirmation.

Measured gripwalk pivot 14s at 16mm and spx15 toes at 14mm

What with all the talk on pivots and STHs lately, I'll volunteer as tribute for the STH toe and Pivot heel. Will finagle it out shortly. Will report back after I ski it as long as I don't die.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Initial attempt not great. Thought I'd have enough room to adjust the heel back with the inserts I have for both STHs and pivots for this ski. Getting a weird 'biting' into the boot as I back the screws out. Also looks like a (-) delta with the new STH toe.

Thinking I'll probably need to remount as well as insert a riser for the heel. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20221113_160655.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	127.2 KB 
ID:	433809Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20221113_160558.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	125.8 KB 
ID:	433810Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20221113_160608.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	433811

Pivot heel stack height should be 18.5mm and sth2 toes should be 18mm. Pretty flat. Maybe older 155 heels were lower?

Pivot heel stack height should be 18.5mm and sth2 toes should be 18mm. Pretty flat. Maybe older 155 heels were lower?
    Changes to last year's STH going GW made it higher. Stupid change from Salomon IMO. Revived my original thread regarding this experiment.

I saw the same biting into my boots with my recent pivot mount until I backed the pillars back a bunch.... now no biting.

I'm in the exact same boot too.

914 toes with the sliding AFD (is rounded) would probably fit GW, and are 13mm high if memory serves.

I could probably be persuaded to part with some of these sliding AFD's from my stash, and they'll fit STH-12 and STH-14 (and my alloy STH-16 pedestals that I milled flat on the bottom).

PX Racing brake left, regular PX right.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20221123_015939072.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	693.0 KB 
ID:	435079

I am going to put up a couple pair of spx15 rockerace. One pair new (black) and one used for a few hours (forza). Thinking $235 each pair shipped if anyone wants to give ‘em a try.

How much to trade a new black pair for your almost new Forza? = )

PX Racing brake left, regular PX right.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20221123_015939072.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	693.0 KB 
ID:	435079
    Those look so similar it's like they were designed to specifically NOT go together.

They're more different than they initially look, but I'm going to try the arm-swapping trick.

They're more different than they initially look, but I'm going to try the arm-swapping trick.
    I've tried with no luck

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

^ We'll see if the pedal is thermoset or thermoplastic.