Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 606
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    a swamp
    Posts
    615
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    “ Colder than a gut shot bitch wolf dog
    With nine sucking pups pullin' a four trap
    Up a hill in the dead of winter
    In the middle of a snowstorm
    With a mouth full of porcupine quills”
    —Tom Waits, Spare Parts
    well said
    you know there ain't no devil,
    there's just God when he's drunk---- Tom Waits

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    roaming into the gloaming
    Posts
    540
    Sesh and TFT, I gotta know how MHM skied!

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    No longer Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    2,523

    Oregon 2022/2023 Triple Nina Winter Season

    Le tits opening day. Bumped into session in the early lift line rotation. Lotsa Face shots the first few laps. Surprisingly good coverage on the windward aspects. Amazing coverage on the leeward. Right side up, cold on top with minimal wind effect.

    Watch out for the wind lips and rollers! Plenty of early season booby traps on the back side of ‘em.

    Opening day gets 5 of 5 stars.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0058.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	160.8 KB 
ID:	436213

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    SEA>DEN>Spokanistan
    Posts
    2,596
    Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Le tits opening day. Bumped into session in the early lift line rotation. Lotsa Face shots the first few laps. Surprisingly good coverage on the windward aspects. Amazing coverage on the leeward. Right side up, cold on top with minimal wind effect.

    Watch out for the wind lips and rollers! Plenty of early season booby traps on the back side of ‘em.

    Opening day gets 5 of 5 stars.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0058.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	160.8 KB 
ID:	436213
    Fuck yeah buddy!! Get some!


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    9,313
    No action shots TFT? So disappoint…


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    No longer Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    2,523
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    No action shots TFT? So disappoint…


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Sorry bud, the chase was real today

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Portlandia
    Posts
    2,663
    Quote Originally Posted by river59 View Post
    Sesh and TFT, I gotta know how MHM skied!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	317843076_824529718602373_4512957735042049373_n.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	174.3 KB 
ID:	436249

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	317158598_1334095673996108_8025608644319011352_n.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	370.3 KB 
ID:	436250

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	317860220_2230540980486676_325068785584288319_n.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	321.9 KB 
ID:	436251

    Le Tit's. Early season obstacles do indeed exist, expected, and unexpected. The hill is definitely still pretty 3D. but face shots were had.
    Training for Alpental

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    LO Ghetto
    Posts
    396
    eh, it was an ok day today.
    What's up with opening up one lift at a time? MHX today, SSX tomorrow, HRMX Sat?
    ...never seen that before.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    roaming into the gloaming
    Posts
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Le tits opening day...5 of 5 stars.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0058.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	160.8 KB 
ID:	436213
    FKNA

    So begins the never-ending string of TFT reports of "another all time day!"

    Keep em coming

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    1,101

    Oregon 2022/2023 Triple Nina Winter Season

    I’ll be out there (MHM) tomorrow. Hit me up if you see me. I want to ski with y’all. I’ll be the tallest person you see, black pants and brain bucket, salmon jacket, Kartels or grizzlycornholios.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    inpdx
    Posts
    18,632
    Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    salmon jacket
    Is that this year’s sea foam green? I’m so out of the loop on colorways…

    Hope to fight it out on Saturday with all the other weekend warriors
    See y’all soon!

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    1,101

    Oregon 2022/2023 Triple Nina Winter Season

    Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Is that this year’s sea foam green? I’m so out of the loop on colorways…

    Hope to fight it out on Saturday with all the other weekend warriors
    See y’all soon!
    Maybe last year’s. I’m old and not very trendy, but it was from Gorsuch, on super discount, I think because the sleeves are too long for 99.9% of humans. Now I get their crappy catalogs every other day… but I guess it was worth it.

    I should have just said red.


    ::::@::::

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    9,313
    Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Sorry bud, the chase was real today
    Fully understandable! Stoked ya got sum!!


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    2,248
    Quote Originally Posted by river59 View Post
    FKNA

    So begins the never-ending string of TFT reports of "another all time day!"

    Keep em coming
    Funny cause it's true

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    No longer Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    2,523
    Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Is that this year’s sea foam green? I’m so out of the loop on colorways…

    Hope to fight it out on Saturday with all the other weekend warriors
    See y’all soon!
    Haha I didn’t even realize he referenced “salmon” as the color. Salmon is soooo La Niña v2. I saw a salmon POC helmet for sale last night in a “sale helmets” bin at 60% off.

    Lucknau - Will keep an eye out for ya in the run to star. Back to the spawning pool we go!

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    be here now
    Posts
    5,269
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1669990887.274676.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	436320
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    SEA>DEN>Spokanistan
    Posts
    2,596
    Fakkk yeahhh


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  18. #168
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    inpdx
    Posts
    18,632

    Oregon 2022/2023 Triple Nina Winter Season

    Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    Maybe last year’s. I’m old and not very trendy, but it was from Gorsuch, on super discount, I think because the sleeves are too long for 99.9% of humans. Now I get their crappy catalogs every other day… but I guess it was worth it.

    I should have just said red.


    ::::@::::
    Wasn’t quite sure if it was “Salomon” or “salmon” and went with ribbing you on color

    I’ll be the tall guy in an orange shell giving everyone the finger but it will look like waving cuz I’ll likely have mittens for Saturday’s temps

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Bend
    Posts
    639
    Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    I think he skis that beginner terrain already

    I know I’ll be getting to Shasta this winter for sure, so I will ski with him there

    I have never skied Ashland
    Can’t recommend it. Crater Lake NP is a hidden gem. Bailey is a good early mission for a kid especially if you approach it on the ridge and stay out of the gut. Hard-ish approach although the little A frame bivy is a good option.

    I’ll try and hook up with some of these other mags and get him out up here. PM me.

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    420
    To those at MHM... do you think they have enough snow to open HRM this weekend?

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    LO Ghetto
    Posts
    396
    Well, what do you think? Ski bowl has enough snow, but I’ll bite. My guess is yes, the HRM lift will be spinning to disperse the weekend mass… no more penny pinching from the management from here on out ;-)

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    6,799
    Quote Originally Posted by boar2m View Post
    eh, it was an ok day today.
    What's up with opening up one lift at a time? MHX today, SSX tomorrow, HRMX Sat?
    ...never seen that before.
    I'd assume it's a combo of low work force and it all came down in 3 days...it takes a while to build ramps, and for patrol to put up boo and ropes

    What irritates me is that Stadium doesn't run more. That lift reminds me of the Upper Bowl chair, short and all fall line. But it wind scours and doesn't hold snow well

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    LO Ghetto
    Posts
    396
    You are right... on the up side, canyons may open earlier this season.

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    1,101
    Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Haha I didn’t even realize he referenced “salmon” as the color. Salmon is soooo La Niña v2. I saw a salmon POC helmet for sale last night in a “sale helmets” bin at 60% off.

    Lucknau - Will keep an eye out for ya in the run to star. Back to the spawning pool we go!
    I think I saw you standin’ there, third chair or something. I counted about 80 people ahead of me on the first ride up, but there was still plenty to go around. Good day today. Great day. Seems probable HRM will be turning sooner than later, if not tomorrow.


    ::::@::::

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Portland by way of Bozeman
    Posts
    4,265
    I leave for tropical climes and La Nina comes in with a vengeance? POW! You're welcome.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MJdQCJM.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	320.7 KB 
ID:	436389


    I love seeing all the stoke and everyone getting after it. I'm hoping for a Sunday outing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •