Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1282
    Quote Originally Posted by interloper View Post
    Oregonian moved to Bend in 76. Do I get a pass?
    I expect so…they’ll sell to anyone

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    I expect so…they’ll sell to anyone
    Should I upgrade to the Fast Pass?
    yepper

And the parking pass

And the parking pass
    Is there a bar pass. That would be swell.
    yepper

Oregonian moved to Bend in 76. Do I get a pass?
    Sure, just pay with cash or credit card.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Meanwhile up on the local hill this morning...

I guess everyone was too tired to ski today as the lift lines were short. Helps to have all lifts running.

Rode Pine with a 'troller and he mentioned that someone was hanging from Skyliner. Sounds like someone forgot to put the chair in the down position when they loaded. I guess the individual was okay and did not fall. No other details.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Today was a little more firm than prior days but still nice and soft. Even sloppy 10ths weren’t bad esp under blue sky
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01F5F4A3-08D0-4CEA-9B7B-5BE966CF5754.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	663.8 KB 
ID:	453264

Was pretty much ski on all AM at CCX, Sky, PMX & OBX. Summit notsomuch.
    At 1045

Name:	2D82A957-FAB1-4D61-A3CB-C236A77E302B.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	748.4 KB 
ID:	453265

It fired about 1100. Heres the line at 1145 with schralpage visible in background.

Name:	3011C82A-4601-4FFB-A1B5-160BB085AD16.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	209.3 KB 
ID:	453267

Give MtB credit. Very light on the grooming today (nothing on summit) and surprised they got summit opened today after so many storm days

^^^

Nice pics. Did not partake in the Summit fun. Had enough with the lift lines on Saturday on OBX.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Meanwhile up on the local hill this morning...

I guess everyone was too tired to ski today as the lift lines were short. Helps to have all lifts running.

Rode Pine with a 'troller and he mentioned that someone was hanging from Skyliner. Sounds like someone forgot to put the chair in the down position when they loaded. I guess the individual was okay and did not fall. No other details.
    Are those Stockli Laser AR?
    yepper

Are those Stockli Laser AR?
    Not sure. Kid on the lift with that set up but wasn't paying attention. Was drooling over the views and the fresh snow!

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    Very nice shot!

Thx yo
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

JFC, you guys are getting hammered down there. Will it continue until the week of April 10?

What? How is this possible? Mehdows lot gets filled with 4" of dense snow on Tuesday whereas Bach slopes looks empty with 13"? #envy

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    JFC, you guys are getting hammered down there. Will it continue until the week of April 10?
    It’s supposed to … but if you are calling the Oregon Cascades as hammered, how would you describe the Wasatch and Sierra (especially Central and Southern) this season? It’s been endless, has already broken records for those areas, and we aren’t even in April yet!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    It’s supposed to … but if you are calling the Oregon Cascades as hammered, how would you describe the Wasatch and Sierra (especially Central and Southern) this season? It’s been endless, has already broken records for those areas, and we aren’t even in April yet!
    I was just talking recently. From a season perspective, perhaps not hammered looking at current snowfall totals. The Sierras and Wasatch....yeah, hammered is the right term.

I am headed to Bend in early\mid April for the first time this year...Excited!

Oregon Cascades are at 140% normal snowpack right now, which I think qualifies as hammered. Most of California and Utah are over 200% though. Most of Washington is right around 100%, but it feels like a subpar year compared to places south, southeast of us.

Quote Originally Posted by boar2m View Post
    What? How is this possible? Mehdows lot gets filled with 4" of dense snow on Tuesday whereas Bach slopes looks empty with 13"? #envy
    That’s because it’s so flat here that everybody gets terrain trapped in this much snow.

It sucks here. Best not come. Except Puma who’s buying my Billy Goats

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Oregon Cascades are at 140% normal snowpack right now, which I think qualifies as hammered. Most of California and Utah are over 200% though. Most of Washington is right around 100%, but it feels like a subpar year compared to places south, southeast of us.
    I saw a recent stat that the Markagunt Plateau (Brian Head) in Utah is already over 300% of seasonal SWE average!

Yeah Oregon is getting hammered today (especially the south with I5 closed from Redding to Ashland), but holy shit I just looked at the snow forecast for Lassen VNP for the next 2 days … this is *just* the visitors center at 6700’ - imagine what it’s gonna be like up on the Diller/Pilot/Eagle ridge!

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...8#.ZCNJ8vdlCEd

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by boar2m View Post
    heavy pow today
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    That’s because it’s so flat here that everybody gets terrain trapped in this much snow.
    I agree.

Oregon 2022/2023 Triple Nina Winter Season

Name:	Image1680054654.596734.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	578.0 KB 
ID:	453584

Name:	Image1680054180.165493.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	334.6 KB 
ID:	453582

No one there and it just kept snowing today…

Name:	D6B79F15-12FA-4E1C-87FA-1965AEF9ECF4.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	825.7 KB 
ID:	453690

Gorgeous AM with unexpected refresh in the early AM. Nice pow over an uneven base in the weeds. Yesterdays snow consolidated well.

Lines were reasonable despite CCX and NWX (aka Roulette Wheel) both going “on standby” this AM. Approx 30 min dead at CCX before firing up the diesel to evac us. It was about 1115 on Outback when I saw the exits to RW posted as closed.

Lift etiquette question - if a group (say mom and two kids) decide -of their own volition- to hop off a chair when it stops just past the pit,
    should they:
    1. Go to the head of the class and take the next chair leaving the terminal
    2. Go to the back of the line

My vote was (2) but they joined the exodus hiking out - 10 min before evac

Summit opened late this AM to the usual insane lines.

Alas (lots of soft snow) plus (skis/boards) yields big bumps and ruts, and neither my 105mm Stormriders nor my “vintage” knees were fit for moguls. Fortunately the storm came in just as my knees started yelling at my brain.

Name:	Image1680054654.596734.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	578.0 KB 
ID:	453584

Name:	Image1680054180.165493.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	334.6 KB 
ID:	453582

No one there and it just kept snowing today…
    Same today. Twilight Bowl in the morning, then AbsMag and surrounding trees till Silver Bowl opened at 11:30, A-Zone opened maybe 12:30, but for us it was fresh tracks hot laps from the bomb shack at Silver, down through Clark Canyon for the rest of the day. So much snow at the top of silver that the upper cornice has turned into a roller and the sastrugi on the west side of the nose are all buried. Ski on lift lines with a few weird but brief moments of congestion. Another epic day.

:::::@:::::

Decently busy at MHM this morning. I think the throng was anticipating a day of schussing under clear skies, which didn’t materialize until about 2pm. Surprisingly, they opened cascade, and upper Heather canyon, when it was still soup city up high. I was one of the first people into silver bowl and the snow was phenomenal but the visibility was horrendous, bordering on non-existent. Visibility aside, it was very fun, just unfortunate to encounter snow that begged for full throttle when I couldn’t see.