Page 24 of 52 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    -39f wc top of Pine.
    yepper

Who’s up to ride NWX today if the wind dies down?

Has anyone cat skied on MT Bailey in the last couple years? Their website looks like it hasn’t been updated since covid but they they have always been terrible with keeping it updated. Hoping they haven’t went out of business.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by PNW-skier78 View Post
    Has anyone cat skied on MT Bailey in the last couple years? Their website looks like it hasn’t been updated since covid but they they have always been terrible with keeping it updated. Hoping they haven’t went out of business.

Hearsay below, so you should confirm from the horse's mouth.
    Name:  bailey.png
Views: 573
Size:  77.3 KB

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

While we are having a down day - question for the Ashland shredders:
    I assume it would be moronic/asshole/suicidal to entertain the idea of towing a 23 foot travel trailer up to the Mt A parking lot - can anyone confirm? Combined vehicle length is probably 45 feet, I can't find any listed vehicle length restrictions.

I've driven the road countless times ... in a passenger car. And my truck doesn't have a turbo, so it would be second gear crawling with a conga line behind me unless I go up and down mid day or something. I'm used to driving down mountain grades (my dumb ass pulled into town going down Dead Indian Memorial with our trailer last year, it was totally fine though the cattle guards caught me by surprise), my towing hitch is set up really well so I'm not concerned about cornering, though it would certainly be a lot nicer with a diesel exhaust brake than revving 5000 RPM the whole way down with my gasser.

Again really just musing and contemplating on a down morning ...

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Who’s up to ride NWX today if the wind dies down?
    If you can get there. I went for an early morning cardio Cone lap. Got my ass kicked by the wind near the top. Thought I might end up getting blown all the way to NWX. Fingers frozen. Nose frozen, had to pole from the Leeway crest to get any momentum the wind was blowing straight up the hill.

Called it a day and went to Starbucks for a hot mocha and then went home and got face shots in the driveway snowblowing the 2 inches of blower pow.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    While we are having a down day - question for the Ashland shredders:
    I assume it would be moronic/asshole/suicidal to entertain the idea of towing a 23 foot travel trailer up to the Mt A parking lot - can anyone confirm? Combined vehicle length is probably 45 feet, I can't find any listed vehicle length restrictions.

I've driven the road countless times ... in a passenger car. And my truck doesn't have a turbo, so it would be second gear crawling with a conga line behind me unless I go up and down mid day or something. I'm used to driving down mountain grades (my dumb ass pulled into town going down Dead Indian Memorial with our trailer last year, it was totally fine though the cattle guards caught me by surprise), my towing hitch is set up really well so I'm not concerned about cornering, though it would certainly be a lot nicer with a diesel exhaust brake than revving 5000 RPM the whole way down with my gasser.

Again really just musing and contemplating on a down morning ...
    If you drove Dead Indian you can drive on any mt road. I've smoked the brakes off every pass in Oregon.
    yepper

My triple dip La Nina season ended on day 14 :((

On my 3rd run at Alyeska I ran into an unmarked ice block created by the groomer. Broke my right medial malleolus and had to rebook my Powder Hwy trip until next year. Plan was to fly to Spokane Feb 20 then hit Red, Whitewater and Revy. Then final 4 days of this trip were to be capped off with CMH heli skiing at Revy before returning back to AK on Mar 10. Thankfully I bought trip insurance! So rebooked and will try again next year- CMH Revy March 20-25.

I have four more weeks of using crutches and PT that consists of writing the alphabet in the air with my foot to regain the range of motion in my ankle. YaY sarc

^^^Cool story brah!
    No idea what it has to do with skiing in OR though

In skiing news, mean time to numb fingers in BD guide gloves today was 60 min…

^^^Cool story brah!
    You can drive to Spokane, Revy, and the powdah highway environs starting from any road in Oregon, ya know?

With that logic when do we start a Florida ski thread?

Name:  2404.jpg.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  124.4 KB
    yepper

^^^Cool story brah!
    I think we need to cut our new guest some slack. He's probably jacked up on opioids.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    . He's probably jacked up on opioids.
    So Oregon thread relevant, gotcha.

Besides a few powder day, it’s been ice ice baby for Mt Hood. Still fun but Cascade Concrete is no joke.

Interloper with the win.

Skinny ski day.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230131_102039.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	836.7 KB 
ID:	445474
    Big Boy Boards.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230131_132350.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	295.8 KB 
ID:	445475
    yepper

Quote Originally Posted by m90eb5 View Post
    Besides a few powder day, it’s been ice ice baby for Mt Hood. Still fun but Cascade Concrete is no joke.
    Is for lubrication

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Bachy was a frozen coral reef, rime, face of the moon shit show today. But, alas, it will change…

Conditions yesterday were typical of Juneuary, when it doesn’t snow for a week or two. The early AM overcast added to the spice.

The solution is groomer zoomin’ on skinny skis.
    Just don’t hit barely covered treetops and blow a ski off mid turn.

Just don't french fry when you should pizza and you will have a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Just don't french fry when you should pizza and you will have a good time.
    I have reapedtly remained him of this. It falls on deaf ears.
    yepper

i was looking at my track-my-turns and saw that my mid-week day last week had more than double the vert of any other day I went this year (all weekend/holiday outings)…crazy how the crowded peak days reduce your ability to get turns…

Just say NO to lift lines.
    Name:  20210301_051428.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  174.3 KB
    yepper