Check Out Our Shop
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by supermodel159 View Post
    Only L/XL?
    Now. Full range was available back when it was first posted.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Just bought one even though I got the fly low earlier this year. One will go up for sale when I pick the best. Love having the ability to add floatation to the dakine. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story." Warren M

Ordered a S/M last week, but they just canceled my order due to inventory issues.
    If anyone got one that didn't fit right, let me know before returning.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrine View Post
    Just bought one even though I got the fly low earlier this year. One will go up for sale when I pick the best. Love having the ability to add floatation to the dakine. Thanks!!

whatvest is better then the flylow and for places with out the need for a bag, whatvest is better then the Dakine too. I just ordered a Mammut free vest with hopes of a better fit then the Dakine

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    whatvest is better then the flylow and for places with out the need for a bag, whatvest is better then the Dakine too. I just ordered a Mammut free vest with hopes of a better fit then the Dakine
    It’s all personal. I like the Dakine better than the Whatvest.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Man, 60% off is as good as it gets. Sweet packs too. I almost bought on principle...

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    It’s all personal. I like the Dakine better than the Whatvest.

Gotta be matchy matchy with the crew

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Gotta be matchy matchy with the crew
    Youngern's get the black ones. OG's sport the gray ones.

Perhaps I'm missing something , but what is the advantage of the vest over say the 26L pack ? I have plenty of big pockets on my shell already

It wears very differently. I don’t massively mind skiing inbounds with a pack, but it does feel different and takes some adjustment vs. no pack. There’s no adjustment for me with the vest. Also the vest fits on chairlifts.

The real comparison is vest vs. a very small airbag pack (think 12-15L), as the vest does have downsides in terms of breathability and it can be a bit more challenging to dial in the exact fit.

Let me know your thoughts when you get enough time with both. I don't love the Dakine one and have been looking at the Flylow one for months now.

Sent from my SM-S928U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Youngern's get the black ones. OG's sport the gray ones.
    That's like, your opinion, maaaan.

Bought the m/l and l/xl. I'm 5'9" with 30" inseam (long torso) and cost to a 17" neck with broad shoulders. L/XL Fits me better, especially at the neck and shoulders. Length is just slightly long; however, the m/l may be the same length (I will try to check that and edit this post later. ) Fit for me is good; however, this will definitely depend on ones shoulder girdle since that part isn't really adjustable. The sides have two sets of adjustment straps. There is a waist strap with a metal buckle for airbag use.

The vest/pack itself is burlier than I expected. The back has a significant amount of padding. There are lots of pockets that will be great.

Charlesj might take the m/l. If not, I'll catch and release to another mag or return to Sierra.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

If folks are looking for a good deal on L/XL vest Sierra.com is blowing them out.

Just got mine from sierra. Way nicer than the flylow I got earlier on the season. Great deal

Just got mine from sierra. Way nicer than the flylow I got earlier on the season. Great deal

Would you sell the Flylow?
    I have the Dakine, and I sold my Ogio vest when I bought it. Now I'm finding that I would like to wear a vest all the time, but I don't always want the extra bulk of the airbag. I wish I hadn't sold my Ogio.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    Would you sell the Flylow?
    I have the Dakine, and I sold my Ogio vest when I bought it. Now I'm finding that I would like to wear a vest all the time, but I don't always want the extra bulk of the airbag. I wish I hadn't sold my Ogio.
    PM inbound!

I got a S/M that I will not actually need for a couple years due to moving to the east coast. Anyone want it before I return? Cost me $90 with tax. Will sell at no profit so $90 + ship if needed. I'm on the Front Range.

Quote Originally Posted by TGReek View Post
    I got a S/M that I will not actually need for a couple years due to moving to the east coast. Anyone want it before I return? Cost me $90 with tax. Will sell at no profit so $90 + ship if needed. I'm on the Front Range.
    That's a steal.
    These run big.
    I'm 5'10" 150# and S/M fits just right.

I’m assuming at least one person here is running bibs with their vest? Any issues w overheating with essentially a third outwear layer over your top?

Just bought bibs for the first time to use next season. FWIW both jacket and bibs are 3L 15k/15k, not goretex or other fancy highly breathable fabric.

considering a vest now for the tactical dad look someone else mentioned in this thread, ha.

I would not wear bibs with a over vest.
    Too hot.

Quote Originally Posted by CYJ View Post
    I’m assuming at least one person here is running bibs with their vest? Any issues w overheating with essentially a third outwear layer over your top?

Just bought bibs for the first time to use next season. FWIW both jacket and bibs are 3L 15k/15k, not goretex or other fancy highly breathable fabric.

considering a vest now for the tactical dad look someone else mentioned in this thread, ha.
    I run warm and use bibs under my vest without issue. I run light base layers as well. A lot of vest users I know run bibs without issue.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    I run warm and use bibs under my vest without issue. I run light base layers as well. A lot of vest users I know run bibs without issue.

Same. Depends on the climate. My pack/vest just serves as another layer. On the up I wear a hoody, maybe a Houdini, and it’s fine.

Thanks for the responses. My hope is the vest wont require me to cinch down as tight as a backpack allowing a bit more air flow. While not a dealbreaker, backpacks made my back noticeably more sweaty.

Plus, I’ll be starting to ski with my son more and more moving forward so overheating may not be as much of an issue.

Bib enjoyer here. In the NW (Alpental) I get warm in mine when temps hit the mid 20s or so.

On sizing, the S/M can expand pretty huge, but if you're over 5-10, the M/L is probably going to be a better fit in length and can cinch down small enough for my skinny 6' 165lb bod.