Check Out Our Shop
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TAFKALVS View Post
    When I posted this PSA I never expected it to be 4 pages and result in almost all of TGR buying one of these.
    Not surprised as this is the best deal I’ve seen on this or any Vest new.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I've still been holding out, but I'm starting to wear down. I keep seeing this post and thinking I should probably get one, if anything so that I have the uniform.

My wife regularly stole mine, so I got here a s/m.
    I have an older different brand. but love it for most of my days and hiking the bowl.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

PSA: Dakine Poacher Vest at 35% off

I am about to return a L/XL I bought for $107.22 price + shipping, less the active junky discount that I can look up. It was not the best deal offered. I have a free return label from SAC but I’d need to ship it to anyone who wants it if you aren’t local to NE. New in the bag, didn’t try it on, the M/L fits me fine at 5’7’’ ~175-180

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Not surprised as this is the best deal I’ve seen on this or any Vest new.

Same, been looking for a couple years since I noticed what all the cool kids are wearing at Shralpental
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 11-01-2022 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    I've still been holding out, but I'm starting to wear down. I keep seeing this post and thinking I should probably get one, if anything so that I have the uniform.
    I broke down and bought a WARY vest last year. It really is pretty ideal to have at a place like your home mountain with the gated terrain right there. It really does feel noticeably "not there" compared to even a cinched down pack. Anywhere there are significant hikes to access terrain i would likely opt for a pack with a good ski carry system and the ability to comfortably carry a decent amount of water and a stashed jacket. But, if you are just riding off the lift and out the gates with maybe a traverse out to piss pass, you just need something minimal to carry avy stuff and then stop by the car in Lot 4 for water and a snack on the way back to the chair. It really is pretty ideal for that mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by TAFKALVS View Post
    When I posted this PSA I never expected it to be 4 pages and result in almost all of TGR buying one of these.
    It’s the new FKNA shirt.

And an adjacent thanks for the poacher pack deal for those of us who aren't vesters.

I like that the Dakine vest is compatible with their removable spine protector AND airbag. I’m stoked to have that for riding lift access with avy potential, or quick skin days.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    I broke down and bought a WARY vest last year. It really is pretty ideal to have at a place like your home mountain with the gated terrain right there. It really does feel noticeably "not there" compared to even a cinched down pack. Anywhere there are significant hikes to access terrain i would likely opt for a pack with a good ski carry system and the ability to comfortably carry a decent amount of water and a stashed jacket. But, if you are just riding off the lift and out the gates with maybe a traverse out to piss pass, you just need something minimal to carry avy stuff and then stop by the car in Lot 4 for water and a snack on the way back to the chair. It really is pretty ideal for that mountain.
    Man, you are making way too much sense. My resolve is waning...

I missed out. If anyone wants to catch & release a M/L I'd buy + shipping costs to NH.

Quote Originally Posted by huckmadtrix View Post
    I missed out. If anyone wants to catch & release a M/L I'd buy + shipping costs to NH.
    They’re on steep and heap for $107

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    They’re on steep and heap for $107
    Down to size SM/M Only.

Quote Originally Posted by huckmadtrix View Post
    I may have one. Gotta check fitment once it arrives.

I've tossed around the idea of getting one of these for years. Even watched this thread for a few pages before pulling the trigger. Wish I had gotten the ~$75 deal a few days ago but decided to pull the trigger on the SPOOKY20 SAC deal for $121 shipped. Looking forward to gettin' inVESTed on deep inbounds and slackcountry days.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Powder7 has all sizes for $140.

I have a lightly used L/XL I would be willing to part with if anyone is still looking.

I rarely feel the urge to conform but I think I'm on the verge of doing so.

Would an S/M work for 6'2" and 195? I would think so but sounds like this batch runs a little bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Would an S/M work for 6'2" and 195? I would think so but sounds like this batch runs a little bigger.
    Kinda doubt it but maybe

I'm 6' 160 pounds, size 30 waist and the small medium is perfect. I'd guess up to 180 pounds/32-33 waist.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Kinda doubt it but maybe

I'm 6' 160 pounds, size 30 waist and the small medium is perfect. I'd guess up to 180 pounds/32-33 waist.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    I’m 5’9” 185# and 32” waist and I got the M/L and it works fine. Once I’m layered up and I cinch it down it fits comfortably. Maybe I could have done a S/M but I didn’t want it to be tight under the arms or anything. I plan on running it with the spine protector and airbag so I wanted the extra wiggle room.

I’m 5 ft 9 and 175 with a 32 waist and am quite happy with the S/M.

got the newest 'FKNA' trgz Uni today A

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    I have a lightly used L/XL I would be willing to part with if anyone is still looking.
    And anyone else that has used this vest in the wild (Norsmen) care to make comment on the Interior Belt? Was thinking to cut it out of the vest all together. Between the side straps and the Caterpillar grade front zipper, I think it would be very hard to rip this off my body without taking something more substantial first.

A comment on size; I ordered/returned the L/XL. (6'/190#/34"/44") I'm long torso'ed and the L/XL still road hard on my haunches and zero weight was distributed on my shoulders without anything in the pack - even with cold weather layers on.

Medium is moar better for me, but another inch er so at chest level would have been nicerer.

btw: S/M still available at sac - $102 || "SPOOKY20" code still works
    ​I am not in your hurry

If ya don’t ever have a plan to use the airbag system and render resale useless, then cut it out. If you plan on either one of those, keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post

And anyone else that has used this vest in the wild (Norsmen) care to make comment on the Interior Belt? Was thinking to cut it out of the vest all together. Between the side straps and the Caterpillar grade front zipper, I think it would be very hard to rip this off my body without taking something more substantial first.
    Definitely don't cut the interior belt off. The belt holds the back of the vest in place without you having to cinch the dickens out of the side straps, so you can still breath without the vest bouncing around all over the place. It's also part of the airbag harness system, along with the crotch strap that took me several years to find on my vest.
    kittyhump.com - Fund Max, Cat Appreciation, Bike

^^ Notes Taken

A... less of an opportunity to use this fitted with a bag currently. But having the vest in hand and buying flotation if an absurd opportunity should present itself?

I am not concerned about losing the vest (airbag) and at this price point resale is less of a consideration (sans the bag of course). I've been thrashed through a steep (and forever long in my mem) stand of trees (Price Is Right Plinko Disk) and my thinking is the vest is pretty well anchored(crotch belt on). But having the back half stapled to you and load stabilized without having to lower the volume makes good sense.

My first sense was that the belt would limit rotation, but I had the side cinches tight too. So, great observation TB... this will eliminate my primary foreboding - kool

eta: another bene = I can skip the first 1000 sit-ups every week because the belt will hold my gut in
    ​I am not in your hurry