Check Out Our Shop
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    I have the M/L at 5’11” (but fairly short torso) and 160lbs and it’s maybe slightly long, but not an issue.

I do have the side straps tightened almost fully, but compared to wearing a pack, I notice that I don’t need the vest to be as tight as I’d need a pack in order for it to not shift around while skiing. It adds a good deal of warmth, so expect to be dropping a layer most days.

I love mine and found I started wearing it on days where I thought there was any chance of going into the sidecountry, whereas with my larger avi pack, I would think a lot more about where I’d actually be going outside the ropes before deciding to wear it for a day of lift riding.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by boltonoutlaw View Post
    Toddy
    Yep. Sorry eh

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Yep. Sorry eh
    Tottie is slang for micropenis. Thought you might want to know

I really like my Poacher vest and would probably get the non-airbag version if I found one on sale. Mntlion has both and he really likes them.
    The Poacher is longer than my old Ohio Flak Jacket, but I like the length since I have a long torso so it fits me well.

It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

when we're all standing around in black vests this winter, under the undue influence of some bourbon or maybe a hot hot tottie from the little thermos in the front vest pocket, i'll ask around who bought theirs first.

Newest vest buys the next round

Oldest vest gets cool stickers in its pockets
    The real OGs (like Caucasian Asian, apparently) have the OGIO vest. I'd probably spend more than is reasonable to get my hands on one as I still think it would fit me the best out of them all.

For now I'll settle for my TNF vest and I've learned to appreciate the sperate compartment for my avy gear so it doesn't get flung along the slope when I wipe out. Slightly jealous of the longer cuts on the Poacher though - would be interested in trying on someone's Poacher for potential trade if they're interested in the TNF ABS version.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

I foolishly sold my Ogio Flak Jacket in 2010 after wearing it for a couple years. Thing was pretty great, but the modern airbag vests are the slickness. My WARY is a little old n clunky compared to these Dakine.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMarkus View Post
    The real OGs (like Caucasian Asian, apparently) have the OGIO vest. I'd probably spend more than is reasonable to get my hands on one as I still think it would fit me the best out of them all.

For now I'll settle for my TNF vest and I've learned to appreciate the sperate compartment for my avy gear so it doesn't get flung along the slope when I wipe out. Slightly jealous of the longer cuts on the Poacher though - would be interested in trying on someone's Poacher for potential trade if they're interested in the TNF ABS version.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    I had the Ogio Flak and it was super hot. Did not breathe at all

I foolishly sold my Ogio Flak Jacket in 2010 after wearing it for a couple years. Thing was pretty great, but the modern airbag vests are the slickness. My WARY is a little old n clunky compared to these Dakine.
    I picked up a wary vest at the end of last season and thought it was just ok. There's room for shovel/probe and not much else--the pockets are very small. The diagonal ski carry straps work ok but they won't fit wider skis. Also mine is pretty short, and I am a torso boi so it looks kind of like a tux vest on me. Tempted to pick up one of these dakines.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Agreed... problem is that expensive RAS 3 airbag system is sold separately, gordammit

Mammut luckily has good and typically accessible pro-form if you can find someone with access to it for the airbag system.

Got mine today. I'm 6'2" / 175#. I went L/XL. Plenty of adjustment to get snug as I would want when testing it over a light fleece. Lots of room to expand for layers. Typical (read:high) Dakine quality.

Fuck man, I thought I was close to done spending money. I’ve got the whatvest but this + ras would be mo betta

Not mine, but someone on MP is selling a 36L Poacher pack with RAS and canister for $400: https://www.mountainproject.com/foru...k-clothes-more

Cheaper way to pick up the RAS and canister and have options for sidecountry and longer tours.

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Fuck man, I thought I was close to done spending money. I’ve got the whatvest but this + ras would be mo betta

This is the way

Down to $87 on SAC. Occasionally my indecision pays off--pulling the trigger!

EDIT:
    Hot diggity, $78 shipped! Go get 'em boys! Use coupon code 20SNOW, use this link:

https://cat.da.us.criteo.com/deliver...n%3DRM_CRT_CUS

Last edited by waveshello; 10-26-2022 at 02:00 PM.

Adult size gone. That’s an insane deal.

Plus $7 back from active junky... $63 out the door!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

fuck I've been back on TGR for all of 24 hrs after my typical summer hiatus and already dropped $100s cuz of you all.
    Thanks for the PSA

And ActiveJunky was showing 10% cash back for me. No idea if I'll ever use this thing over a pack + safety equipment, but I'm willing to give it a shot for under $90!

Man, at that price i ordered a spare. My original is going on its 5th season with no signs of slowing down.

Thanks for the PSA - grabbed this and the 36L RAS pack for ~$175 shipped before the active junky 10% back. Wasn’t planning on spending anything today but here we are…

PSA: Dakine Poacher Vest at 35% off

Mark another member down for the NW squad
    Thanks waveshello

God we need an updated BVC pic

I bought one, too. And a 36L pack.

The Circle of Enablement remains unbroken, ya fokkers

My credit card is happy that no L/XL in stock. Me not so happy as that is a smoking deal.