Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Heritage Lab Skis - AM 50/50 Skis Have Arrived - Dedicated Thread

Thanks to you all who have supported this project. My intent is to build world-class skis with classic shapes, adult-sized turn radius, from the finest materials, at competitive prices.

As a quick reminder, Heritage Labs w four total builds, w/ a few shapes each:

• Blossom AM 50/50 skis - This option features standard metal and wood cores for a rounder flex and lighter build than the FR Comp. ARRIVED AND PREPARING TO SHIP
    • Blossom FR Comp skis - True comp ski build, with a stiff flex, oversized titanal thickness, and denser core. Currently expecting a Jan 15th, 2023 shipping date.
    • Telos Fall Line skis - damp and smooth fiberglass builds of progressive 113mm and 132mm shapes (and working on the ginormous pintails ones now)
    • Telos Carbon skis - optimized bc freeride builds of progressive 113mm and 132mm shapes (and working on the ginormous pintails ones now)

This thread is intended to focus on the AM 50/50 build. This build came about as I had a number of requests for traditional / directional shapes, but closer to a 3.5 of 5 flex, instead of a 4.5 flex. The build on these skis is still a metal laminate, but featuring thinner metal and a less dense core, and lighter fiberglass that then FR Comp skis. In short, these will be VERY smooth riding, lively, responsive, and surfy enough for a capable pilot to make each turn fun, irregardless of snow conditions.

The Am 50/50 build will make great all mountain carving skis for folks that tend toward a bit more finesse style, will make awesome touring skis for the meatheads out there, and will make perhaps the finest travel and 50/50 skis on the planet.

The R87 AM 50/50 specs are:
    - 175cm (1665g & 21m radius)
    - 182cm (1710g & 23m radius).
    - Factory mount -12.5cm, Modern mount -10.5cm,
    - Flat metal tail bar
    - All black super fast and hard base material (no die cuts)
    - Light color topsheet (Khaki Fade) to minimize icing
    - Elongated tip and tail rocker versus stock Blossom skis
    - Built with Blossom Freeride construction vs stock skis
    - Medium round flex pattern with a somewhat forgiving tail and plenty of punch in the tip

As a 215lb meathead, I personally cannot wait to mount my own AM 50/50 with race pins and use them as my light weight early and late season touring ski.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-10-13 at 4.57.29 PM.jpg 
Views:	365 
Size:	301.5 KB 
ID:	429820   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 10.29.15 AM.png 
Views:	227 
Size:	609.2 KB 
ID:	430892  
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Marshal Olson; 10-23-2022 at 10:39 AM.

The R99 AM 50/50 specs are:
    - 180cm (1850g & 22.5m radius)
    - 188cm (1995g & 24m radius).
    - Traditional mount -12.5cm, Factory mount -11cm, Modern mount -9.5cm
    - Flat metal tail bar
    - Neutral color topsheet (Forrest Fade) to reduce ice and make for easy in-snow location
    - Built with Blossom Freeride construction
    - Medium round flex pattern designed for rebound out of turns, great edge grip, and smooth drifting turns

I personally cannot wait to mount my own R99 AM with alpine bindings and use them for every non-pow day at Alta

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-10-15 at 12.04.31 PM.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	281.0 KB 
ID:	430028   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-10-15 at 12.05.22 PM.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	208.1 KB 
ID:	430029   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 10.29.22 AM.png 
Views:	203 
Size:	590.4 KB 
ID:	430893  
    Last edited by Marshal Olson; 10-23-2022 at 10:40 AM.

The R120 AM 50/50 specs are:
    - 185cm (2250g & 30m radius)
    - Rounded metal tail bar
    - Bright color topsheet (Pink Fade) to make sure they don't ice and never get lost on a powder day
    - Medium round flex pattern designed to give a smooth surfy feel that still hooks up and turns capably

I personally cannot wait to mount my own R120 AM with 50/50 bindings and use them them often when it snows, not only in the wastach, but everywhere else too (Tahoe, Jackson, etc).

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-10-15 at 12.07.05 PM.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	265.0 KB 
ID:	430030   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-10-15 at 12.07.23 PM.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	197.9 KB 
ID:	430031   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 10.29.34 AM.png 
Views:	199 
Size:	559.7 KB 
ID:	430894   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 10.41.11 AM.png 
Views:	192 
Size:	428.6 KB 
ID:	430895  
    Last edited by Marshal Olson; 10-23-2022 at 10:41 AM.

font color fail, bummer

Stoked about my r87's

Let's talk pins: I already own a pair of Solly MTN that I could mount in the SL arrangement for roughly 2000g per ski. Or should I be looking for something lighter?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post
    wait, what? I just typed everything in standard colors/fonts?
    post #1 looks good now, others have these tags: "[COLOR=#222222][FONT=Arial]"

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Stoked about my r87's
    Let's talk pins: I already own a pair of Solly MTN that I could mount in the SL arrangement for roughly 2000g per ski. Or should I be looking for something lighter?
    My light setup (radical toes, plum 170 adjustable track race heel) is basically the same weight. I love that setup, and IMO the solly Mtn is essentially the same thing.

I'd also say, if you are investing into skins, invest into 100% mohair or 70% Mohair Mix skins. They really make a huge difference in glide.

- 180cm (1850g & 22.5m radius)
    - 188cm (1995g & 24m radius).
    - Flat metal tail bar
    - Neutral color topsheet (Forrest Fade) to reduce ice and make for easy in-snow location
    - Medium round flex pattern designed for rebound out of turns, great edge grip, and smooth drifting turns

I personally cannot wait to mount my own R99 AM with alpine bindings and use them for every non-pow day at Alta

<<< Pics to follow >>>
    Fuck. Yes. Thanks for posting this; one handed and all.

]I personally cannot wait to mount my own R99 AM with alpine bindings and use them for every non-pow day at Alta

If this is the case, how would you describe your I personally can’t wait… statement for the R99 Comp?

The R99 Comp is to be my Snowbird no new snow ski!
    Last edited by Marshal Olson; 10-14-2022 at 08:19 AM.

- 185cm (2250g & 30m radius)
    - Rounded metal tail bar
    - Bright color topsheet (Pink Fade) to make sure they don't ice and never get lost on a powder day
    - Medium round flex pattern designed to give a smooth surfy feel that still hooks up and turns capably

I personally cannot wait to mount my own R120 AM with 50/50 bindings and use them them often when it snows, not only in the wastach, but everywhere else too (Tahoe, Jackson, etc).

<<< Pics to follow >>>
    Edit to relabel this as R120, stoked!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

I would do unspeakable things for an R87 in a touring build that weighs 1000g

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    I would do unspeakable things for an R87 in a touring build that weighs 1000g
    So like an Alp Tracks 85 competitor?

Are we compensating comp build guys gonna get a thread too?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

You bet! I was thinking to make dedicated threads once the skis arrive. But maybe that is silly…? I can get em going now and just update. What say you?

So like an Alp Tracks 85 competitor?
    I don't mean to derail your thread but yeah. I want a ski that is very light but has a proper freeride shape with full/long rocker and long radius. I already have a custom BC Solis clone that weighs 1300g but I want something lighter and narrower. I get why that ski doesn't exist, because most of the people who buy skis that light don't care about skiing. I will probably buy a pair of your 50/50 R99 for resort like you are doing.

You bet! I was thinking to make dedicated threads once the skis arrive. But maybe that is silly…? I can get em going now and just update. What say you?
    Yes! Might as well start feeding us more threads sooner rather than later.
    I think this time of year is when more people start craving more stoke-worthy threads to read/discuss, as we all start feeling "the itch" more and more for opening day.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Agree with Vitamin I. Way better than a majority of the threads this place has been kicking out lately.

Marshal, so I’m clear- will rocker amount/length will be reduced on FR Comps or is this representative?

Life of a repo man is always intense.

Quote Originally Posted by otto parts View Post
    Marshal, so I’m clear- will rocker amount/length will be reduced on FR Comps or is this representative?

This is representative, thanks! I will post images of R99 and R120 this weekend!

subscribed for interest

I ordered the comp r87s, kindof jealous with those who bought fifties.

Sent fra min LE2123 via Tapatalk

Updated with pics. Please let me know what other images folks would like to see. Cheers!

When I get another 100 or so days on my MX89, these are on my short list. They look/sound rad. Good luck on the continued success of the venture. I hope that you design/produce quality sticks for a long time.
    ...Top sheets look great. However, they do look as if they will be very hard to sticker up.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    When I get another 100 or so days on my MX89, these are on my short list. They look/sound rad. Good luck on the continued success of the venture. I hope that you design/produce quality sticks for a long time.
    ...Top sheets look great. However, they do look as if they will be very hard to sticker up.
    I thought of that, too. Ethanol, dry, sticker, hair drier?

Sent fra min LE2123 via Tapatalk

Hello All,

First batch of AM 50/50 skis are all inspected, prepped, boxed, and shipping out tonight!

Wanted to share a couple quick notes on the skis:
    - I went thought and checked bevel on all the edges. Skis came really nice from the factory, and like all skis, needed to have bevel added tips/tails both base and side edge. Edges are polised, base is rotobrushed, and skis are ready to mount.
    - The skis are beveled 1.5deg tip and tail and the edges are polished, but full sharp. You might gummie your edges, if that is your thing. I personally never detune my edges, but run more base edge bevel. makes the ski drift super smooth, and hook up on edge really nicely at high enough edge angles. If anyhow has questions on that, LMK and I can make a little HOW TO.
    - I marked, near the midsole, "AM" with sharpie on the sidewall. It might make future-you's life a bit easier if you sharpie AM under the toe piece as well!

Also, as a quick update, we are in the low single digit # of skis left on the AM 5050 run.

3x 185 R120 AM5050
    3x 180 R99 AM5050
    2x 182 R87 AM5050
    2x 175 R87 AM5050

Still a good chunk of 188 R99 AM5050

Also, the following Comp skis are already sold out:

- 185 R120 Comp
    - 182 R87 Comp

and low single digits (2-3 pair) on the rest of the COMP builds.

Super excited for these! I personally would be interested in learning about more base edge bevel rather than de-tuning tips/tails. While I am in the habit of de-tuning a bit to get the desired drift i'm open to learning new things.
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy