Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A8F13CA3-C4EC-45B8-9D98-10C15907568A.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	1,000.3 KB 
ID:	435507

Schwing!!! Thankful for Marshal bringing these to reality and being incredibly flexible with my order changes. Thank you!

Weigh 2100g on my cheapo kitchen scale and flex very similar to the 191 Goliath. Mounting with Lindahl FrankenCAST tonight and hopping a plane to Bozeman on Thursday for a quick Big Sky, Targhee, Teton Pass, and Jackson loop.

Heritage Lab Skis - AM 50/50 Skis Have Arrived - Dedicated Thread

Wow! I’ve been outta tech talk for a long time. Really cool to hear you’ve got a ski going MO! This shit I miss. I’m gonna pull the trigger into support your brand. Super stoked to support a long time mag. Shoot a pm if you come to the Tetons.

Edit: ordered an r99 50. Couldn’t be happier to spend coin on your project.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post

Edit: ordered an r99 50. Couldn’t be happier to spend coin on your project.
    Good on ya. I’ve been eyeing the last pair of those for awhile now. Glad they’re going to the ‘vill. The R87 is a more sensible choice for my world

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

These sound great Marshal! Nice project and stoked to see functional color.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Good on ya. I’ve been eyeing the last pair of those for awhile now. Glad they’re going to the ‘vill. The R87 is a more sensible choice for my world

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen
    My buddy already out on his R87 50/50s and had great things to say and knows what’s up. Lots of pop out of the turn and great stability at speed. Zero learning cure. Arm twist.
    Uno mas

somebody post some stoke/review already!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Life of a repo man is always intense.

Quote Originally Posted by otto parts View Post
    somebody post some stoke/review already!

R87 AM in its native environment.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Name:	E0758BC2-8424-4A45-8E25-D6F5D6AA55CE.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	524.6 KB 
ID:	436462

First turns of the season touring off Teton Pass on The R120 AM.

Really, really good! Super intuitive and easy to ski right from the first turn. These are awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post

Name:	E0758BC2-8424-4A45-8E25-D6F5D6AA55CE.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	524.6 KB 
ID:	436462

First turns of the season touring off Teton Pass on The R120 AM.

Really, really good! Super intuitive and easy to ski right from the first turn. These are awesome!
    Don’t you live in ME? What ya doing in WY? Love it if you’re storm chasing. Intuitive is the same description my friend Brian used to describe the 87s. “Plug and play”
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    Don’t you live in ME? What ya doing in WY? Love it if you’re storm chasing. Intuitive is the same description my friend Brian used to describe the 87s. “Plug and play”
    Yes, making a lap of the Tetons with a crew of buddies that I’m taking a Japan trip with in January as a shakedown. Snow here is good… not so back home.

The Heritage 120 felt great from turn 1. Happy customer!

Name:	9D523D65-BD84-4D2A-AFBB-B8A434E29C27.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	522.1 KB 
ID:	436634
    Last edited by singlecross; 12-03-2022 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Yes, making a lap of the Tetons with a crew of buddies that I’m taking a Japan trip with in January as a shakedown. Snow here is good… not so back home.

The Heritage 120 felt great from turn 1.
    Awesome, man. Have fun! Seems you have that covered without my encouragement.
    Uno mas

Ok, so I’ve skied my R120 All-Mountain build for 3 days touring Teton Pass and 1 resort day each at Jackson and Big Sky. These have handled everything that I have encountered beautifully. Today at Big Sky they ate windbuff off the tram, powder in the lower trees, and carved up some roughed up soft groomers with ease. Of everything I have skied, I think that they are most like the old green Katanas (which are awesome!) but the R120 AM have a bit more bite to the tail (a good thing!). I was originally slated for the Comp build but the AM has plenty of backbone, in the 120 at least. If you’re on the fence, git sum. Thanks Marshall, I can’t think of a better ski for Big Sky today!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D1D694EF-DA4A-4AAE-8421-045B8014DCA5.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	465.0 KB 
ID:	437061

Got to ski with Singlecross and hear more about what you are doing Marshall. Sounds awesome. Couple questions for you:

My favorite midfat is/was the Movement Sluff which was 184cm, 98mm. Been looking for a replacement that is precise, sorta stiff but still playful. Also the shovel was just soft and big enough you could push/slide it through the bumps or mank without hooking up on everything. The 188 50/50 99 seems like a similar profile. Do you know the Sluff to make a comparison? Btw second favorite midfat was the old maroon Monster 88.

Is it fair to say the 87 wide model has a more rockered tip? If yes, why on a narrow waisted ski?

I'm 6-4, 195 skiing Jackson mostly, prefer driving the tips. What I'm looking for is a no freshies daily driver that can handle kid duty too and be fun doing it. For matching through crud I have the MX98s. And for pow days the 192 Lhasa Fats still rolling along.

The 188 99s in non-comp sound alright for me?

Also i see they are for sale on your website, is that right? How far out on the next batch?

Thanks!
    Last edited by kokomas; 12-07-2022 at 09:12 PM.
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    Got to ski with Singlecross and hear more about what you are doing Marshall. Sounds awesome. Couple questions for you:

My favorite midfat is/was the Movement Sluff which was 184cm, 98mm. Been looking for a replacement that is precise, sorta stiff but still playful. Also the shovel was just soft and big enough you could push/slide it through the bumps or mank without hooking up on everything. The 188 50/50 99 seems like a similar profile. Do you know the Sluff to make a comparison? Btw second favorite midfat was the old maroon Monster 88.

Is it fair to say the 87 wide model has a more rockered tip? If yes, why on a narrow waisted ski?

I'm 6-4, 195 skiing Jackson mostly, prefer driving the tips. What I'm looking for is a no freshies daily driver that can handle kid duty too and be fun doing it. For matching through crud I have the MX98s. And for pow days the 192 Lhasa Fats still rolling along.

Also i see they are for sale on your website, is that right? How far out on the next batch?

Thanks!
    Hey man! Thanks for the note. So I actually worked for Movement as a tech rep back when the Sluff came out. Loved that and the regular goliath both. So smooth, responsive, and way more surfy than one might expect.

I honestly really think you would dig the 188 R99 AM as a compliment to the other skis in your quiver. Please DM me or email any time too!

edit to add… I loved M88 too. I just always wished it was a touch less divey in boot top pow, hence the more progressive tip!

Cheers man,
    Marshal
    Last edited by Marshal Olson; 12-08-2022 at 03:49 PM.

Name:	IMG_2100.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	2.07 MB 
ID:	437421

Here we go!

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post

Thanks!
    I have 2 days on the 188cm 99 AM build and so far they have been exceeding expectations as a no new snow inbounds variable conditions ski. The tune Marshal put on them is money, they carve better than a 99mm underfoot ski has a right to, and while they are stiff enough that I'm not worried about completely flexing through them at speed in variable snow, they're not so stiff that they're beating me up early season while I'm still getting into shape and my legs are remembering how to ski. I think the R99 will be my daily driver for any day with no new snow this season.

For reference, i'm 5'11" 160lbs, freeride competition background, and tend to ski faster than most.
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Bang!!!! Looks so sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by soul_skier View Post
    I have 2 days on the 188cm 99 AM build and so far they have been exceeding expectations as a no new snow inbounds variable conditions ski. The tune Marshal put on them is money, they carve better than a 99mm underfoot ski has a right to, and while they are stiff enough that I'm not worried about completely flexing through them at speed in variable snow, they're not so stiff that they're beating me up early season while I'm still getting into shape and my legs are remembering how to ski. I think the R99 will be my daily driver for any day with no new snow this season.

For reference, i'm 5'11" 160lbs, freeride competition background, and tend to ski faster than most.
    nice! I was about to email you and see your .02

since you mention the tune, that was actually going to be one of my questions, haha.

my intent is for ever my HL ski to hook up and carve really well, but still have a very clean drift off edge. I can always add more drift but the downside is a higher edge angle to get the edge to engage. For those with some time on the skis, what’s the consensus on this attribute?

Thank you all!!!

It’s probably been stated, didn’t see it in the first posts, but what is the bevel on the edges for the R99?

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    It’s probably been stated, didn’t see it in the first posts, but what is the bevel on the edges for the R99?

Come on now, this is the kind of remedial level shit you should be able to find on your own:

Name:	A96B06E2-757D-45EE-8172-6C1FDE06CA83.jpeg 
Views:	135 
Size:	493.5 KB 
ID:	437433

https://heritagelabskis.com/products/r99

Kokomas… I’ve got a 184cm Sluff and a 191cm Goliath as well. Both are great and from my time on the Heritage R120 AM, I think the 188cm R99 AM would make you very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Come on now, this is the kind of remedial level shit you should be able to find on your own:

Name:	A96B06E2-757D-45EE-8172-6C1FDE06CA83.jpeg 
Views:	135 
Size:	493.5 KB 
ID:	437433

https://heritagelabskis.com/products/r99
    I was lazy. I knew someone would hold my hand, now others don’t have to look very hard. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    I was lazy. I knew someone would hold my hand, now others don’t have to look very hard. Lol
    Amazing, haha.
    I would add a few thing to the general 1/2 edge setup.

1. I open the wrapper and check the bevel on every ski, as sometimes any ski from any factory might need a quick adjustment to fix small imperfections from the factory tune inside the effective edge.

2. Most skis from any/every factory have pretty rough bevelling outside the effective edge area (ie the rocker/taper areas are not typically bevelled nor polished to the same level as the effective edge is). As such, on every HL ski, I hand tune the extremities to a 1.5deg bevel for the base edge and 2deg side bevel from the widepoint of the ski to the very end. On my personal skis, FWIW, I run well more than 1.5 base in these areas for tokyo drift action.

3. I go though and put a finish polish on the base edge on every ski, and hit the edges with a gummi to ensure no burrs the entire length. I do not detune the tips/tails, as they very rarely need it if the edges are properly prepared (1&2 above).

Hope that this quick synopsis is helpful, if folks like the tune and want to keep it going into the future... here is the instructions for your shop!