Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Yeah I'm super interested in your beveling tactics as well. Gonna have to sell some stuff to try to get a pair of R99s before they disappear

Heritage Lab Skis - AM 50/50 Skis Have Arrived - Dedicated Thread

I am super stoked to get my hands on the AM 50/50 99s and to support this effort. May not actually have them mounted until late December but will share reactions once I have some time in the drivers seat.

@Marshal, if able to share, approx how many of each build/length/model did you have pressed?
    Uno mas

I'm planning on mounting a pair of 180 50/50 99s with demos, any CO Front Range mags who are keen to give them a go, just give me a shout and you are more than welcome to.

Quote Originally Posted by dub2 View Post
    I'm planning on mounting a pair of 180 50/50 99s with demos, any CO Front Range mags who are keen to give them a go, just give me a shout and you are more than welcome to.
    That is awesome, dub. Throwing telemark binders on mine so I am guaranteed to be the only person to touch them
    Uno mas

Picked up my 185 R120’s today. Thee are beautiful, impeccable build. Cannot wait for snow!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

The only thing that's missing for me on those pics is the camber profile underfoot... Can you post that In it's raw form (i.e not decambered), please?

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Mine came in the mail yesterday and the construction, fit, and finish on them is gorgeous. Now we just need some snow.

Pleasantly surprised on the 50/50 flex. It should be plenty stiff for me (5'10", 160lbs, very aggressive skier) without punishing me too much when I take my foot off the gas pedal.
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Quote Originally Posted by soul_skier View Post
    Mine came in the mail yesterday and the construction, fit, and finish on them is gorgeous. Now we just need some snow.

Pleasantly surprised on the 50/50 flex. It should be plenty stiff for me (5'10", 160lbs, very aggressive skier) without punishing me too much when I take my foot off the gas pedal.
    Good to hear on flex. 5’11 175lb here. Aggressive (telemark) skier! I prefer a tad softer ski than I’d choose for alpine.
    Uno mas

Glad they are starting to arrive! Stoked you are liking what you see @soulskier

camber images to follow shortly @shortyj

I will whip up a little base edge bevel video tomorrow as well.

More to come!

Quote Originally Posted by soul_skier View Post

This is some very good beta. I’m 6’1 170 with the comp on order and have been questioning whether I’m man enough for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post
    Glad they are starting to arrive! Stoked you are liking what you see @soulskier

camber images to follow shortly @shortyj

I will whip up a little base edge bevel video tomorrow as well.

More to come!
    Yes! Very intrigued to learn more about this technique.

50/50 R87 175cm arrived yesterday! All feedback is from my untrained eye.

They do appear very nicely constructed and I really like the 'Korund Glaw' textured topsheets. Extra metal in the nose?
    A few small gouges in the tip top-sheet on one ski but I'm sure they will look worse after the first outing with me on them.
    The edge sharpness has a touch of variation and there are a few nicks in the base.

I prefer the color and graphics on any of your other offerings (113 and 132 look super rad), but I already have a 96 and 112 waist so I thought this filled the largest gap for me to try out.
    I also thought the color 'banding' may have just been in the online image rendering and that it may be a smooth gradient on the actual ski.

Can you provide mounting details? Drill size / depth / etc? Tap for metal sheet.
    I see the tick mark intended into the top sheet. Is this center to measure 'Traditional mount -12.5cm, Factory mount -11cm, Modern mount -9.5cm' back from? Or is this the recommended boot center for one of these options?
    The tick mark is 98.7cm back from the tip and the skis is 172.5cm long.
    Which do you recommend for an intermediate slightly aggressive skier?

Thanks for delivering a boutique product.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20221021_170343341.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	356.2 KB 
ID:	430693   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20221021_171528730.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	274.4 KB 
ID:	430694   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20221021_171518279.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	390.3 KB 
ID:	430695  
    Last edited by m5d5cb; 10-23-2022 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by m5d5cb View Post

They do appear very nicely constructed and I really like the 'Korund Glaw' textured topsheets. Extra metal in the nose?
    A few small gouges in the tip top-sheet on one ski but I'm sure they will look worse after the first outing with me on them.
    The edge sharpness has a touch of variation and there are a few nicks in the base.

I prefer the color and graphics on any of your other offerings (113 and 132 look super rad), but I already have a 96 and 112 waist so I thought this filled the largest gap for me to try out.
    I also thought the color 'banding' may have just been in the online image rendering and that it may be a smooth gradient on the actual ski.

Can you provide mounting details? Drill size / depth / etc? Tap for metal sheet.
    I see the tick mark intended into the top sheet. Is this center to measure 'Traditional mount -12.5cm, Factory mount -11cm, Modern mount -9.5cm' back from? Or is this the recommended boot center for one of these options?
    The tick mark is 98.7cm back and the skis is 172.5cm long.

I can see the “color banding gradations” in your first pic. The skis have metal in them, a 4.1x9mm ski drill bit would be appropriate, tap the the top sheet. This is pretty routine.

Looks like healthy amount of camber-
    not flat camber as on website.

Life of a repo man is always intense.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I can see the “color banding gradations” in your first pic. The skis have metal in them, a 4.1x9mm ski drill bit would be appropriate, tap the the top sheet. This is pretty routine.
    Yes, that's what I planned on. I am moreso looking for guidance on the location and which distance to use but thought I would ask about all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by otto parts View Post
    They do have decent tip splay and camber for a fall line ski? The functional length seems to be about 135cm.

Quote Originally Posted by otto parts View Post

Hope the R99 doesn’t have that much as they are supposed to be flat as well.

Here are the 99s. I am measuring the 180cm at 177cm straight pull. I have no problem w that given the tail profile. Second pic flanked by 179cm Wrens. Kinda a shitty basement shot of the camber but they are currently being hidden from my wife . I can’t wait to get ‘em on snow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4097.JPG 
Views:	248 
Size:	156.5 KB 
ID:	430717

Name:	68807548196__9B5C647E-1AB3-4144-9D90-94B2C84F3375.JPG 
Views:	251 
Size:	191.9 KB 
ID:	430718
    Uno mas

That’s what, 5mm of camber on those 99’s? Maybe more?

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    That’s what, 5mm of camber on those 99’s? Maybe more?

8mm to my quick/rough measurement, closer to 9 than 7. I am converting from inches. A hair shy of 3/8in maybe 5/16.

Shit, sorry that is ski to ski so off the bench looking at roughly 4mm. Probably not a helpful photo but 4mm looks right.

Name:	IMG_4098.JPG 
Views:	186 
Size:	150.5 KB 
ID:	430720
    Uno mas

my 188 R99s have ~5mm of camber per ski
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

fkn perfect

Now updated with Camber Details and verified measurements.

I would generally say that unweighted combined camber isn't super helpful, but I measured my pairs here to be 1cm combined for the R87, 8.5mm combined for the R99, and 6mm combined for the R120.

I will also update the picture posts earlier in the thread with this data too. Thanks for inquiring on this piece!

They turned out exactly how I wanted em too, and if anyone was looking for something different, please just let me know, more than happy to refund you. Cheers!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 10.29.15 AM.png 
Views:	184 
Size:	609.2 KB 
ID:	430889   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 10.29.22 AM.png 
Views:	183 
Size:	590.4 KB 
ID:	430890   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 10.29.34 AM.png 
Views:	189 
Size:	559.7 KB 
ID:	430891   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 10.41.11 AM.png 
Views:	172 
Size:	428.6 KB 
ID:	430896  

Now updated with Camber Details and verified measurements.

I would generally say that unweighted combined camber isn't super helpful, but I measured my pairs here to be 1cm combined for the R87, 8.5mm combined for the R99, and 6mm combined for the R120.

I will also update the picture posts earlier in the thread with this data too. Thanks for inquiring on this piece!

They turned out exactly how I wanted em too, and if anyone was looking for something different, please just let me know, more than happy to refund you. Cheers!
    Stoked on that R99 profile!! Come on January!!!

Quote Originally Posted by m5d5cb View Post

The tick mark is 98.7cm back and the skis is 172.5cm long.

thanks again for the order and the notes and feedback!

I Will shoot you a quick email on the tune stuff, eager to hear more.

Regarding recommending a mount point, could you share your height/weight/boot size? Happy to offer suggestions!

Doremite and/or Marshal

On3p run crazy long or?

Last edited by otto parts; 10-23-2022 at 10:32 PM.
    Life of a repo man is always intense.

Regarding recommending a mount point, could you share your height/weight/boot size? Happy to offer suggestions!
    I should have included that. I am 6' 155lb, and a 29.5 / 338BSL.

I want a nicer fast groomer ski so I am excited to try your R87 first.

I measure 11.5mm camber with the skis together standing on the tails (added clarification). I am not at all experienced enough to say whether I would want more or less.
    Last edited by m5d5cb; 10-24-2022 at 09:09 PM.