Page 97 of 135 FirstFirst ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 3371
    Quote Originally Posted by soul_skier View Post
    I'm the skier going 'cross court' 15 seconds in, thanks for posting the vid! You know its a nose to fingers day when you are ~10th chair and have to be careful to not land in all the other bomb holes.

Also wild to see that the sun went away literally 30 seconds after I skied that line.
    Oh hell yeah! That was my favorite line on the vids! Sweet man!

Nice one soul_skier!

TAHOE 22/23 -THE YEAR OF THE (t)RAM

Quote Originally Posted by soul_skier View Post
    I'm the skier going 'cross court' 15 seconds in, thanks for posting the vid! You know its a nose to fingers day when you are ~10th chair and have to be careful to not land in all the other bomb holes.

Also wild to see that the sun went away literally 30 seconds after I skied that line.
    Stomped! Strong work.

We watch a lot of FWT in this house, so the cross-court comment was my nod to Derek Foose.

You appear to be one of the first successful Main Air takers of the day, nice work.

I have footage like this of most of the big Fingers shows this year... If anyone wants to request a specific date, I'll post it if I got it. Maybe I should post them all in this thread when I get a chance

Here's a favorite from January 19th:

https://youtube.com/shorts/bmnLmfoiy08?feature=share
    Still waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Where is that? Palisades?

The finger vids were classic.

I was living vicariously thru my kids as they sent me pics and vids yesterday...looked like too much fun.
    Heart Chute is Kirkwood
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    apparently heart chute is small but heinous (the drop in hasn't shrunk any though). volume on
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CqZZwXOgD7v/
    No way that is current unless it slid in a big way. Last photos in here showed it way more filled in.
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

I think the best one I ever saw was back in 2011. It was like 90 seconds of piranhas eating the fingers. Definitely not only day like that but great video capture

Quote Originally Posted by Not DJSapp View Post
    No way that is current unless it slid in a big way. Last photos in here showed it way more filled in.
    It was current. Here is Whatford's post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CqZDFjjAUiJ/
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Seriously, how is that not more filled in by now?!?!

Avi control and old raincrust bed surface. SB has a raincrust exposed on a couple sporty lines, but those lines are more filled in than heart chute.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Heart Chute is Kirkwood
    Ty

Yesterday @ OV was really great. KT opened at 9am so that was a bonus (instead of later). First run for me with the sun shining in the bowl was outstanding. Insane to actually see where you are going for once on the first run. I did another KT lap and then headed up to Funitel for Solitude which was great for 4 runs and then Granite for 2 runs. Then scarfed down a sausage at Arc and heard Headwall popped so went over there to do two more runs and finally back down the mountain. Folks were out for the last dance (maybe, we'll see what Mother Nature offers up still). My legs are completely shot. It's been awhile since I went that hard and chased the lifts opening.

jahroy: Awesome video. So many hucks off the fingers yesterday, was great to see.

Soul Skier: Nice one!

I have the same photo of KT so I'll share a different photo I took. Seeing these signs almost buried never gets old to me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	All Photos - 1 of 1 (1).jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	414.0 KB 
ID:	453755

Name:	D25FBBA2-6F22-4049-8A75-200D8896DD08.jpeg 
Views:	220 
Size:	664.1 KB 
ID:	453756

Quick video of my first run on KT yesterday (2 mins). Sun was out just long enough for the first run on fresh pow 😎

Great morning but the sun was definitely having its way with the snow by noon.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowMachine View Post
    Man, those small lots and high density are tough during snow years like this. Just nowhere to dump or blow snow. I do believe that Truckee has gone about it all wrong with affordable housing. The "Artist" Lofts are a tragic example.

Packing people into tight spaces will be great for the value of my 20 acres. Of course I plan on being buried here, so not sure it matters.

Goat, you really think skiing is a dying sport? I'm just not seeing that on the hill. In fact, I think I'm seeing a whole new demographic develop. Not to mention the explosion of back country travel/skiing. As for climate change, yeah, there's work to be done. That said, in just over a decade we've had 3 massive years. I don't think we're finished yet.
    We do fine here with 50 foot wide lots which is probably the practical minimum for single family detached. The condos down the road are managing too. We're near the west end of Donner Lake so high snow volumes. Some of the commercial parking lots have had to truck snow. As far as dying sport--I am talking about climate change. While there will continue to be cold, wet winters there will be an increasing number of the other kind--enough to keep resorts from investing in skiing infeastructure (as opposed to real estate.)

Great KT run, janky !

The sun has its way before noon. I fit over to estelle pretty early and it was already baked. Much better luck w the HighT bowls and other spots. Still a great day

Some pretty large size cornices out that wayClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8760.JPG 
Views:	148 
Size:	351.1 KB 
ID:	453801

Hell yea SoulSkier and Janky!

Unbelievable winter everything is so fucking fat. Was exhausted this morning after another 6k day, finally grudgingly went out at the crack of noon and skied a chute I could hardly recognize it was so fat with options I’ve never seen before. It’s a special time in Tahoe for sure!!

From a fun tour last week

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Great KT run, janky !

The sun has its way before noon. I fit over to estelle pretty early and it was already baked. Much better luck w the HighT bowls and other spots. Still a great day

Can confirm. Getting into this was significantly scarier than actually skiing it.

Name:	IMG_4711.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	319.1 KB 
ID:	453803
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

I think I was right behind you and thought that your line looked pretty good when you dropped so I went to inspect and did an immediate nope out on that entrance lol

Keyhole open today?
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Yes and yesterday too but surface is meh imo

Pretty sick getting on that first lap without checking it first (I'm assuming, based on me getting out there pretty early). I saw your track looking back from the lake and couldn't figure out where you got in, though the picture makes it pretty apparent. It's really tough trying to scope stuff and enter with a snowboard right now, I've fallen through a cornice in that area before and I ain't doing that again (hopefully). But there are definitely some spots that are doable, some with a big send, and the cornices keep most traffic out. Some other big years cornices were minimal, some seemed to have even better coverage from what I can remember.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Where is that? Palisades?

The finger vids were classic.

I was living vicariously thru my kids as they sent me pics and vids yesterday...looked like too much fun.
    I'm living vicariously through this thread. The Fingers look insane right now. Total FOMO on that. Have always wanted to hit those in a deep soft snowpack.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post

WOW! When that thing goes, be somewhere else!
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Wow, that looks incredible. The Tahoe views with blue skies in the background (!)

Dog looks like it's having more fun than the skiers. Wearing a GoPro when someone else is taking turns following you gives way better footage than just wearing it on your own.

My 15 year old son watched a little of your video with me. I think I just convinced him to try backcountry skiing. We're gonna get him a course through Alpen Glow over spring break, let's go!

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Hell yea SoulSkier and Janky!

Unbelievable winter everything is so fucking fat. Was exhausted this morning after another 6k day, finally grudgingly went out at the crack of noon and skied a chute I could hardly recognize it was so fat with options I’ve never seen before. It’s a special time in Tahoe for sure!!

From a fun tour last week

Ikon pass (no blackouts) 2022-2023 price (w/ renewal discount): $979

Ikon pass (no blackouts) 2023-2024 price (w/ renewal discount): $1059

$80 increase.