Page 11 of 135 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MashedPotatoes View Post
    The Pit of Despair also has a nice ring to it.
    Is there a sarlacc in it?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Is there a sarlacc in it?
    seems conceivable
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means...

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Lake Tahoe makes Fodor's No List:

https://www.fodors.com/news/news/fodors-no-list-2023

Doubt it has much impact.

That ranking was probably funded by Tahoe locals... lol...
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Never get involved in a land war in white wolf

Ya know a werewolf can kill a vampire.

This thread is off the rails. I pop in to get my snow stoke fix for the week and its all complaints about a shitty map that none of us would use and 70s/80s fantasy flick references.

Can y'all get off your asses and go out and ski and take pics and post? I'm relying on you to keep me from going insane in this heat and humidity.

Kindly, get back to work. Can?

Twas a H Walker reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post

Can y'all get off your asses and go out and ski and take pics and post? I'm relying on you to keep me from going insane in this heat and humidity.
    I've been mountain biking all week. It's November. Minimal lift served open, other than Mammoth. Go enjoy some good food and not having to shovel humidity.

yeah I think we are gonna skip the star Saturday and go for a short tour
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

For those who have been out this week how's the BC holding up? Heading to Mammoth from the west via 50 or 88 in a few days and trying to decide if I straight shot it or stop for a tour. Or stop at kirkwood for lifts.

North facing is still skiing well. Not sure about up high but down lower the treepee has refrozen so you'll want to avoid that. And rocks. They seem to be unaffected by the recent dryspell.

No context:

"No luggage racks on the hearse"

Good to contemplate a bit.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Just for you, Ott, I went out near the crest and skied north-facing trees. The wind was howling from the SE and that was opposite the recent 4-6" inside slider from the NW so you can imagine how kaleidoscopic the snow depo was. Textures ranged from recycled pow with chunks of rime ice that fell off the trees to slabstrugi filled with pinecone debris. There was a supportable glasscoat of raincrust up high and you could find just about anything in between. You can see everyone else's tracks in relief and no two turns are alike. Still can't say I'd rather be working or paying too much for a flavorless enchilada. Stoke?
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Yo OT, you back from the tropics?? Here’s some cold fuel.

Solid for November

Dis still needs cover

Gonna be some Big Natties once we get our big December cycles

Donner is not quite in.

Found highly variable conditions this morning. Pow, sugar, hoar, wind board, sastrugi, lots of breakable crust, tree-peed jank, and generally thin early season conditions…in other words…

It was fucking awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sproing!

TAHOE 22/23 -THE YEAR OF THE (t)RAM

that sounds amazeballz

I tried to use that description to convince my girlfriend to go touring this weekend and she was…..shall I say….dubious…
    Last edited by ~mikey b; 11-17-2022 at 01:01 PM.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Any beta on snow conditions/coverage at Squaw Creek Nordic Center? Looks like they're not officially open but based on the webcam it looks like there might be just enough snow to mess around. Hoping it will hold up for another week so I can bring out my inner XC dork when I get sick of fighting it out for the limited open trails at Palisades with the thanksgiving crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by davjr96 View Post
    For those who have been out this week how's the BC holding up? Heading to Mammoth from the west via 50 or 88 in a few days and trying to decide if I straight shot it or stop for a tour. Or stop at kirkwood for lifts.
    Have not been out on skis since the east winds stripped the snow off many above treeline locations, on the fat bike yesterday I could see reverse ski tracks in the elephants graveyard zone, Carson pass area

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0CE5C4A2-CB3D-4A2F-AB27-17DC1616488D.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	484.6 KB 
ID:	434450

Tuesday I was headed to Kirkwood but turned around and went home after seeing the snow blowing off the peaks. My buddy went though and sent me this photo

Name:	C50C1C54-AC4E-492E-B55C-34BFB4CBDD3F.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	562.9 KB 
ID:	434451

Just saw Palisades is opening "early", as in tomorrow. Not AM tho, still 22nd.
    And Rose should reopen manana as well.
    Went to HV this arvo and banged around Powderbowl lift a bit. Bare spots on Mombo. (Don't seem to be making snow over here?)
    Rocky on Waterfall, but worth repeating. We managed one run pretty much unscathed
    The groomer (maggies) was not as flat as I remembered. So that was cool.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

^^ inversions started throughout the basin today. should be somewhat shortlived though.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I've been mountain biking all week. It's November. Minimal lift served open, other than Mammoth. Go enjoy some good food and not having to shovel humidity.
    Can.

Name:	E74D239E-0E07-4C6B-B68D-F07C799BA9DE.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	566.5 KB 
ID:	434455

Name:	7EEA2952-99F2-423C-8C66-32CA1A03CC49.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	548.9 KB 
ID:	434456

Name:	F1EDC186-078D-42A2-A2BD-FD0F659C8456.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	549.7 KB 
ID:	434457

And while humidity is not shoveled, it takes almost as much energy wiping the sweat from your brow.

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Just for you, Ott, I went out near the crest and skied north-facing trees. The wind was howling from the SE and that was opposite the recent 4-6" inside slider from the NW so you can imagine how kaleidoscopic the snow depo was. Textures ranged from recycled pow with chunks of rime ice that fell off the trees to slabstrugi filled with pinecone debris. There was a supportable glasscoat of raincrust up high and you could find just about anything in between. You can see everyone else's tracks in relief and no two turns are alike. Still can't say I'd rather be working or paying too much for a flavorless enchilada. Stoke?
    Sounds lovey. I always loved those early season tours. Twice as much work getting anywhere because nothing is filled in and every little gully is a tedious experience of going down, crossing and going up. And only half the reward.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    yeah I think we are gonna skip the star Saturday and go for a short tour
    Convince he to do it. Great way to get in your shape for the season to come. Sufferfest to start and then nothing else feels so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Yo OT, you back from the tropics?? Here’s some cold fuel.

Solid for November

Dis still needs cover

Gonna be some Big Natties once we get our big December cycles

Donner is not quite in.

Found highly variable conditions this morning. Pow, sugar, hoar, wind board, sastrugi, lots of breakable crust, tree-peed jank, and generally thin early season conditions…in other words…

It was fucking awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not yet. Be back in mid summer. These pics are my lifeline to feeling chilly. My obliged.

Spent the last two days at Mammoth skiing with Sinecure and BigTim. Conditions there are about ten times better than Tahoe. I base that on Mammoth running 10 lifts the last couple of days versus the one lift that Palisades will run today. Sorry the Funi does not count if it offers no skiable terrain. The Mammoth snowman says coverage varies from 2-4 feet on the mountain and that is about what I saw. Plenty of groomed runs that are very well covered and still pretty wintery snow. The better skiing was the left ungroomed part of Cornice Bowl, Daves and the Face of Five zone. The snow in those areas was wind buff and chalk that was edgable if you have edges.

There's some park stuff off of 6 with a lot of effort at making more there and at South Park. The Canyons zones reopens this weekend and the Mammoth Snowman says the whole mountain is expected to open by Thanksgiving.

There were a lot of Alpine and Pali peeps there this week. Things will be increasing crowded over the next ten days...but after that, there may still be some decent resort skiing there if it does not snow before then...looks unlikely.

I miss having Ron in Tahoe.

Name:	IMG_4420.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	319.0 KB 
ID:	434482
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

WeR velly jellyous...
    Awesome coverage...but hey northstar will have village run open soon, so we have that to look forward to...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...