Page 119 of 135 FirstFirst ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 3371
    I thought the new lift would destroy the zone but I don't think it materialized. People are still scared of that zone especially early season (rightfully so) but the top of Poulsens has an intimidating slope as well. Most people still like to start their day trekking up to the upper mountain and if a first visit, I'd probably do the same with no idea where to ride.

This vid shows the Red Dog spines firing not too long ago...

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cq1YU...RlODBiNWFlZA==

Now only if they built the lift a bit higher off the ground

^ That is sick.

Nice work getting in there and taking advantage.

I plan to use that chair a lot more next year, but do not intend to destroy that zone for you.
    Still waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    I thought the new lift would destroy the zone but I don't think it materialized. People are still scared of that zone especially early season (rightfully so) but the top of Poulsens has an intimidating slope as well. Most people still like to start their day trekking up to the upper mountain and if a first visit, I'd probably do the same with no idea where to ride.

This vid shows the Red Dog spines firing not too long ago...

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cq1YU...RlODBiNWFlZA==

Now only if they built the lift a bit higher off the ground
    The terrain under Red Dog and Resort Chair is pretty underrated. That day you and I did the "Far East traverse" still stands out to me as an all time sleeper day. Our own private ski resort.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

TAHOE 22/23 -THE YEAR OF THE (t)RAM

Same. I’ve spent many an epic storm day back there. And even late spring when the move was taking the resort shuttle back after they had shut those two lifts down for the season. Personally, I preferred the old chair. Anything that keeps people away from areas I like! Slow and scary high helped reduce use quite a bit 🤫

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Same. I’ve spent many an epic storm day back there. And even late spring when the move was taking the resort shuttle back after they had shut those two lifts down for the season. Personally, I preferred the old chair. Anything that keeps people away from areas I like! Slow and scary high helped reduce use quite a bit 狼
    Kind of weird now with Red Dog and Far East overlapping. Resort is always a standout on a cold storm day. There's so much fun terrain back there and rarely busy. I spent a lot of days over there with the kids this year.

Paid parking reservations (no free parking options) coming to Palisades Tahoe on weekend and holidays: https://blog.palisadestahoe.com/gene...oking-forward/

Quote Originally Posted by GKWood View Post
    Paid parking reservations (no free parking options) coming to Palisades Tahoe on weekend and holidays: https://blog.palisadestahoe.com/gene...oking-forward/
    just got the email as well. great timing right after ikon renewals. i don't go much on weekends but this probably goes full time if they think its working and of course profitable.

Gman is online now Mack Master William Large
    Bummer that there isn’t a free option for those carpooling. I imagine it’s going to be a shit show.

Quote Originally Posted by GKWood View Post
    dang that's like a $400 surcharge on your pass basically if you want to ski weekends. Can I buy a season pass for my car?

Quote Originally Posted by MashedPotatoes View Post
    dang that's like a $400 surcharge on your pass basically if you want to ski weekends. Can I buy a season pass for my car?
    Was hoping for something like that too at least, but they confirmed on instagram comments that there would not be a season pass available for parking.

That’s pretty bullshit. How is this avoiding the trouble N* got into when they shifted to paid parking? And how the fuck do they justify not having this decided when they put out the new pass info.

Does flatstar have paid parking now? We usually go a few evenings each season for the free ice skating, but didn’t go this winter (cuz if caltrans). Never paid for parking for those evening sessions.

Btw, went on a commercial raft trip on the s fork American last week: lotus to Folsom. Flows are high. It was great! Get it while conditions are good.

Quote Originally Posted by duffski View Post
    just got the email as well. great timing right after ikon renewals. i don't go much on weekends but this probably goes full time if they think its working and of course profitable.
    Wouldn’t it be funny if there was a ski resort 30 minutes away that did the same thing just a few years ago and they lost a lawsuit over it?

Who are these dumbfucks making these decisions? It’s baffling. There’s literally legal precedent established in the same state.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Btw, went on a commercial raft trip on the s fork American last week: lotus to Folsom. Flows are high. It was great! Get it while conditions are good.
    Me thinks flows will be high all summer

As for the reserve parking, I read through the notice. From what I read it looks like there will be paid and free reservations. Not all paid. I wonder if I'll still be able to park at my select spot at both bases. They are not right up front, but I like those spots. Won't share them here, cause, ya know...

I like the idea of free reservations, as long as they only get release a week or two in advance. The opportunity to drive from the BA and not need to arrive by 7AM sounds nice to me. I also have friends who will come up for the weekend but like t arrive around 11AM on a Saturday. They are not early birds. This will be great for them.

Change is hard, but maybe this will work just fine. Of course, it could make the shit show worse. If taking the reservation is easy as clicking on an app, that is good. If you make a reservation and do not use it, there will need to be a penalty. And the ap needs to have alerts in case there are last minute cancellations, so a local can pick it up and ski.

TahoeJ - they lost by going 100% paid. If you read the release there are to be unpaid reservations. Sounds more similar to the covid days. Not the N* precedent.

Man - they state - incentives for carpooling. And they mention non-paid reservations. So likely, they will be included.

A technical loop hole of “well there are still some free reservations” won’t necessarily hold up to the scrutiny of jurors in civil court (or the threat of said jurors in negotiations). They sold a product and pulled a bait and switch no matter how they want to window dress it. I can only afford one pass next season because I quit my job and I’m starting a new business. I was on the fence between Ikon and SB and only went with the former because way more of my friends have it… if I knew this shit was going to happen I wouldn’t have bothered and now it’s too late to switch. Pretty sure there will be other similar stories.

Tend to agree, they are fundamentally changing the terms of use for the people that have already bought passes

So, then they have to check everyone's reservation, or take their money. Thinking back up at an entrance to a national park scenario but with everyone trying to arrive at the same time. I'm sure everything will work out.

Thank goodness I work weekends and holidays!

BTW, the kooks were en fuego at AM today.
    Parking lot was full by 9 am and at least 90% of those on the hill had 0% spatial awareness
    That said, when I wasn’t worried about and distracted by potentially being sideswiped by some clueless gorilla stanced, arm swinging, tail gunning yahoo, the skiing was pretty good.
    Based on how busy it was today, a Friday in early June, I predict that July 4th may be a sh!tshow…
    But, again the snow was good if you knew where to look and the skiing was bueno if you kept your wits about you.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

My reading of the Pallisades parking situation is that the only ‘free’ reservations on weekends or holidays are for showing up after noon, no? (It’s pretty confusing how it’s written.)

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    My reading of the Pallisades parking situation is that the only ‘free’ reservations on weekends or holidays are for showing up after noon, no? (It’s pretty confusing how it’s written.)
    Well to be fair they waited until now to hammer out those details that they didn’t actually hammer out. ;-) This coming from the same people who published an EIR saying you can get from the mouse hole in Truckee to the resort in 13 minutes “on average” even though that’s not possible in the summer without traffic unless you drive 80mph. Sometimes we like to assume that large corporations and the people that work for them are smart and dot their i’s and cross their t’s, but in reality sometimes they’re just fucking idiots. I’ve worked with some very large, lucrative companies over the years (in a client capacity) and was at times shocked by the degree of idiocy from some of their top decision makers.

I hate to say it but this is just a shady way of adjusting prices for the increased demand. Too bad they didn’t have the balls to just raise the season pass price but instead are adding fees after the fact. My advice is head to the backcountry and stop giving these corporations money. As long as you give them money they don’t really care about all the bitching.

Am I missing something? Other than that I don’t disagree with what you said, TahoeJ.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1685763801.377280.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	460697

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Ok fair, I exaggerated a touch but not by much, now do that shit on a Saturday in the winter. I’ve read the EIR that was overturned in court and it’s pretty absurd. 13 minutes was the average! I’ll tell you what, choose any weekend morning after 7am between December and March and if you can make it in sub 13 minutes I’ll pay you $10k.

Also: the courts agreed.

I was curious so just mapped it out w TEH googe at 915 on Saturday night and it puked up 14 mins. That’s optimal driving speed from the mouse hole (either direction)

Name:	IMG_0922.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	915.5 KB 
ID:	460711

Name:	IMG_0921.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	958.0 KB 
ID:	460710