Page 116 of 135 FirstFirst ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 3371
    Last Monday

Today halls of god skied well. Good snow around noon.
    Approach from wintoon pretty bad, took an hour of bushwhacking.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scmartin69 View Post
    School isn't out yet so that should help. Plus one on getting there really early and it's totally worth it.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    Yeah, a weekday before schools are out shouldn’t be too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Today halls of god skied well. Good snow around noon.
    Approach from wintoon pretty bad, took an hour of bushwhacking.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk
    Ha. I skied Martis Peak fire lookout on Saturday. Approach was "interesting." The skiing was great. I may try for it again on Thursday if I don't ski inbounds.

TAHOE 22/23 -THE YEAR OF THE (t)RAM

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I'm arriving Thursday, June 1st. Hopefully not a complete zoo then or am I dreaming?
    just be aware summer road contruction has already turned the weekday driving times around the lake into a shitshow

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    just be aware summer road contruction has already turned the weekday driving times around the lake into a shitshow
    True dat.

I went to Rubicon Peak today from Truckee and was held up on 89 outside of the AM entrance for 30-minutes at 7 am and then again on the way back around 2 pm, also for roughly 30-minutes…

The snow on Rubicon was pretty decent, though. And man, the views from up there are insanely cool.
    Better late than never, as it only took me 35 years to finally get up there!
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Speaking of roads, 88 closed today between Pickett’s junction and Merk canyon due to flooding. Observed severe undercutting of the road yesterday near horsethief canyon hopefully the road doesn’t wash away

Quote Originally Posted by dookeyXXX View Post
    True dat.

I went to Rubicon Peak today from Truckee and was held up on 89 outside of the AM entrance for 30-minutes at 7 am and then again on the way back around 2 pm, also for roughly 30-minutes…

The snow on Rubicon was pretty decent, though. And man, the views from up there are insanely cool.
    Better late than never, as it only took me 35 years to finally get up there!
    Theres still snow on rubicon?!?!?!

Had a blast yesterday at PTOV...love this time of the year. 2hrs40min drive from interior SF to the parking lot. Big baseball tournament in LA this weekend so had to say my goodbyes to KT and Olympic Valley for the season.

No overnight freeze so the flats were brutal from the get go. However, North facing cover is still great especially off Siberia, North Bowl, Cornice Bowl, Olympic Lady, Tom's Tumble, Chute 75 etc etc. Just be weary of skiing the steeps near cliffs etc...large holes are forming and steeper zones near rocks are melting quickly. Finished the day off with a traverse past Heidi's into the Red Dog steeps...no snowpack issues traversing back toward Red Dog face. Still a few feet of solid snowpack on the lower mountain just above the base.

TAHOE 22/23 -THE YEAR OF THE (t)RAM

Wow, 2:40 from anywhere in the city to Tahoe is impressive these days. That’s about my fastest possible and it’s rare now, but I’m wary of the popo and being to heavy on the peddle.

Then again, if I had your music playing during the drive, I’d probably try to get there faster
    Last edited by mcski; 05-23-2023 at 01:27 PM.

My summertime sand harbor experience is limited, but I’ve scored parking in the pay lot on a warm calm weekend at noon without much problem. Like jmetzler, I’m known to have good parking mojo.

Quote Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
    Theres still snow on rubicon?!?!?!
    all north faces and most east faces still have tons
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Coverage was top-to-bottom, being able to ski right to the car.
    Stuff (aka snow) in the trees is a bit pollinated, covered in small limbs, and other assorted arboreal debris, though…

The coverage on the West Shore (at least between TC and Rubicon) is still solid.
    Heck when we drove by HW the crew I was with looked at the frontside and said “wow, we should hit that!”

I love a good Homewood bc session.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    THIS

Buddy of mine who lives down in the Carson Valley area had to drive 50 to SLT, then around the west shore on 89 to get to AM last week. Ended up driving 89-80-395 (AM to Truckee to Reno) to get home.

His quote about the traffic and construction was “28 is nucking futz right now!”

west shore is pretty ratty and getting worse fast. our skintrack was melted down to dirt in places in the time it took to ski down. significant meltout on the approach to jakes/hidden peak, complete bergshrund mess at the choke of emerald bay chutes, and a whole lot of shitbush.

perfect weather for a ski-chuterie tho
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	024ED53B-5A86-4F87-A964-0AC0C4A8FEC0.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	459868

I know this is a gaper question, but what the heck do you wear for a typical lift-served sunny day this time of year? It's a bit outside what I'm used to skiing in the Pacific Northwest.

One thin layer of lycra covering everything.

Well, shit, I was hoping to wear my Borat swimsuit.

Hey, if you're rocking' the hirsute, fo sure.

And there's always latex.

Cue the picture of the leather clad dominatrix looking babe riding her "slave" downhill at whatever redbull event that was...

if anybody is wondering where all the snow is going.... here's the eagle falls trail by the parking lot

https://www.tiktok.com/@emceeski/vid...07355541130542

Well, shit, I was hoping to wear my Borat swimsuit.
    Somebody beat ya to it...spotted at the top of Scott Chute last week

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img_5583.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	443.1 KB 
ID:	459929
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

I know this is a gaper question, but what the heck do you wear for a typical lift-served sunny day this time of year? It's a bit outside what I'm used to skiing in the Pacific Northwest.
    Opening myself up here, but I'll actually help you out... Lightest ski pants you have, a couple wicking layers up top. I prefer long sleeves (and long pants) as you'd be surprised how abrasive a fall on spring snow can be and I don't like the farmer tan look. If the wind really picks up it can be chilly on the lifts so leave a light shell or fleece in the truck or the lodge for a quick grab and back out.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Furry costume with tutu